Reviews for Noble Jewel
valin chapter 6 . 8/27/2004
great story! just as always! the idea of boromir having an illegitimate son is soothing and especially the fact that andrahir should happen to "stumble" across him is indeed great and consoling since i grieved with andra over boromir. this way andra has something to live for and care for.

though you said this story is finished, i do hope that you write a sequel since i really want to know how brand reacts when he comes to know whoms son he is and how imrahil and the rest of the crew react to such news and as what brand will end up!

keep on writing! i love your stories! and please continue with your hethlin stories!
Arwen Lune chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
I loved this! It fleshes Andrahar out more and more, and I rather liked the detail of Andra putting up with a horse like that for so long because it might not be pleasant but it was *good*. *grin*.

I don't suppose there'll be more of this? I'd love to see Brand's impression of Dol Amroth and what happens when he eventually meets Imrahil. I'd also be interested in seeing how he and Andrahar manage to avoid an anxious 'I must please this man' relationship - all the comments to the boy to be good and never speak up! Being a bit rebellious is natural for a growing lad, and one wonders how they managed to get through puberty from here... though I guess Imrahil could help form the relationship into one that could survive puberty. (is it really obvious I'm trying to sick this bunny onto you? *grin*)

Cheers,

Arwen
Saleci Loramma chapter 6 . 7/22/2004
Lovely, very very wonderfully written. But I have one qualm, you give us all these lovely characters but you do not follow through with them. You give us a taste and then withold, depriving us of your writing. Prehaps you will be able to further Brand's tale and Heth's as well in one story as they have seemed to converge. Best wishes in your writing.

-Saleci
len chapter 6 . 7/21/2004
beautiful
Megan chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
Wow! This was such a great story! I've really liked all your stuff so far and hopefully you'll get something about Heth up soon. She really should be with Imri!
ccarol chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
_Great_ story. The only thing I'm not crazy about is some of the OC names. They just don't ring true. I'm guessing the theory is that these folks are too "common" to have Sindarin names. But as far as I can tell, _all_ the named Gondorian characters in the books have Sindarin or Sindarin-style names, even those that aren't particularly nobility.

"Jacyn" (pronounced "Jason"?) in particular doesn't work because there is no "j" in elvish, and the "c" would be hard, a "k" sound, and I don't think that's what you intended. (Jackyn? No.)
Cornelia chapter 6 . 7/19/2004
Oh, Isabeau ist there again!

What a beautiful story, the more I see of Andrahar, the more I like him. The first things I read about him were his short appearance in "Captain my Captain" and then "Dol Amroth Yule" at Edhellond. I didnt like him at all! But then, in the following stories I began to understand him - and to like him more and more. Even a story like "Discretion" - I never liked to read slash, but for the first time I found that someone is able to write slash und at the same time hold the characters in-canon...great!

But back to your newest story. I think, young Brand will be the son to Andrahar he will never have. And he will always be a living memory of his beloved Boromir. He is good for Andrahar, whether he will be a swan knight or not. If he is anything like Boromir, he will habe no problems with a swan knight education. I hope, we will see more of Brand and Andrahar!
Rose Sared chapter 6 . 7/19/2004
Oh what a wonderful character Andrahar is, and Brand, and the Swan Knights. You are just too clever, but whatever you do don't stop.

More please

ASAP

Rose
Elemmire chapter 6 . 7/18/2004
Oh, what a lovely story! Poor Andrahar was getting the bad end of everything, and I'm glad he has someone new to love (in a manner he can be open about!)

You've made my day!

:),

Elemmire
Infinitys-End chapter 6 . 7/18/2004
Another fantastic story! I wondered if there were any children from those wild years. You do know that you'll have to write a sequel, yes? I'd love to see Imrahil's reaction or, heavens, Faramir's. Of course, I just want to read more of your writing any way I can get it so...

Congrats on a job well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Excellent.
Radbooks chapter 6 . 7/18/2004
Another wonderful story! You did a great job of describing the attack by the stallion - I could really picture that in my mind. It looked scary! :) You had some great dialogue too. I loved the comment from Cuilast to Andrahar about being a bastard not being any problem to becoming a Swan Knight - very funny. That and so much more made this a wonderful story. I really liked young Brand and I was glad that he was rescued from becoming a tanner. Brandmir was a Noble Jewel indeed. I look forward to seeing him included in more of your stories in the future. Thanks for writing! :)
Golwen chapter 6 . 7/18/2004
Nice work, Isabeau. I was beginning to think that you'd fallen off the face of the earth, but now I realize that your delay was all in a good cause.

Andrahar, I think, is now offically my favourite OC of all time (and I'm sure you must love him too since he appears in most of your stories). I like how you depicted the language, manners, and environment of the "common folk" of Dol Amroth and contrasted them with those of the "fine folk", Andra and his knights. The ordinary people felt like country folg from a nineteenth century English novel. *Well Done*
Music2084 chapter 6 . 7/17/2004
Beautiful story. :)
Leandra Wynn chapter 6 . 7/17/2004
wonderful work as always. i love your decision to not identify everyone right at the start, it lends an extra something to the story. this fic had a satisfying sense of completion for the arc. brand as boromir's son gives life to andrahar again, and a sign that time goes on and a reminder of the man he loves. i truly hope to hear more about brand and andrahar. i can only imagine the tales to be told about these two.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »