Reviews for I, Robot: The Death of Susan Calvin
MichaelaRBrown chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
"Mr. Hollywood, you may have legal control over my name, my body, my history - my character itself, now that Megabucks has obtained it for you. But you shall not have my soul. I will not participate in this - not one word, not one gesture will I give you for this travesty of a film. It will be a movie without Susan Calvin. Indeed, without Asimov!"

I seriously think I started to cry.

You, my friend, are the most creative person ever to grace this site, and I kneel at your feet.
abbie123 chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Yes, seems sound but the anti male message throughout is very contrived and misogynistic. Eg. The only way to get them to respect you as a woman is to pander to their desires. I understand that exaggeration is used to show the hubris of the two antagonists, but seriously? It is also very disrespectful to the character who would not automaticly hold all men as "contemptible". Why make it so anti male?
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
This is the best criticism of the movie I have ever, ever, ever read. You get the soul of Susan Calvin. It's spot on! Awesome job!
raemanzu and spica tea chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
This is so brill, there are no words. But as much as I hate I, Robot for trying to be Asimov, I think I hate the Bicentennial Man movie even more for killing Andrew's character SO BAD and all the other stupid things they did. GUH! JUST WANT SOMETHING GOOD OR NOTHING AT ALL.

it's very hard to find people who hate the movies but I'm glad there are some out there, lol.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
I agree. This movie butchered Asimov's masterpiece.
artificialGenius chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
For what it matters, apparently the movie just had the "I, Robot" title slapped on it and the original script wasn't intended as an adaption of "I, Robot" but as it's own movie, "Hardwired", according to the tvtropes page for the movie.
thelegendarysupernerd chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
This is a little too realistic. Although I dont think that they did to badly in the movie.
Silvara chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
But I liked that babe (… in the way of a straight woman which I am).

Okay, that Susan Calvin was a rather frustrating OOC piece of marketing meat (which annoyed me a lot to tell the truth) and there was many stupid "Wood" useless scenes drowning the movie (while Asimov essence was nowhere to be felt) and the three laws, almost unemployed compared to the books, but...

At least... there was a movie.

- A desperate fangirl x_x

You can't imagine how much I agree with you.

If you will write more fanfiction, I'd gladly read.
Elegos-Sirinial-Shamtul chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
I was heartbroken when I saw that awful trailer for "I, Robot" and decided to have nothing to do with it. Reading your fic was wonderfully cathartic though.
Blackpen Enaru chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
THANK YOU! FINALLY someone got the movie right! her movie character wasn't even that fleshed out! your susan calvin in freakishly accurate, as if asimov wrote it himself
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
OMG, that was too funny as well as so satirical! And yet sad as well, since that was exactly what was done to the movie (which really had nothing to do with Asimov's works).

And here I thought I was the only one who wondered why Calvin in the film looked too good.

Good Job!
Sockpuppet-of-love chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
This was quite disturbing. But then again, so was the canon-rape that passed itself off as the "I, Robot" movie. Excellent job, and thanks for sharing!
Lyris Malachi chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
Very good satire. I think this fits a majority of book-to-movie adaptations where they pretty much rape the character in the name of "aesthetics" as one view put it. Anyway, I really enjoyed this.
Jamie Andromeda14 chapter 1 . 8/3/2005

Oh wow. I was ecpecting something less-than-steller to poke fun at or something. Instead I get something that actually does what I had thought I would do with *it*!

I love this! I've only recently become a fan of Asimov's but as someone who immediately fell in readerly love with Susan Calvin... I love this fic beyond words. I haven't seen the movie, nor do I plan to, but this was funny nonetheless. Marry me! XD Or at least keep writing stuff this good.

I wish I could offer constructive criticism beyond that, but I can't. The summary doesn't quite do this story justice, I think, but other than that... I mean, I expected it to suck at least slightly, and then it was exact opposite of what I thought it'd be. EXACT opposite. You had me from the proverbial "hello" and it got funnier and funnier as it went on!

I feel like such a fangirl now. XP But I can think of essentially nothing else to say but, "this was awesome, keep up the good work!".