Reviews for The Two Lovers Of Kenshin
Konotsu chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
I like this despite the fact that it was short and I agree with Indecisive Mind.
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
It's more bittersweet than sweet, very memorable.
Warg chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Hi...Nice Oneshot.

Very expressive, hard and direct.

Bye...
LatyfeSurLeSora chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
this was so well done dispite it being short that i had to add it to my c2 archive!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Ah, heartbreaking! Kenshin's fate, his lot in life and love, is sometimes just too heavy to bear, and you've captured that beautifully here.

I love the double meaning of "Could this really be happening again?". "This" being both love and death, peace and parting, each pair simultaneous and final.
moosey chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
when you say that he "was at rest" do you mean that he's dead? i'm sorry i'm so stupid but i hate thinking about kenshin dying. but he's with kaoru when he does so it's all good _ i really liked this. it brings out a lot of emotion from kenshin
Indecisive Mind chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
Waa...that was so sad...and I can't believe they ended the anime series like that! You do NOT end some TV series where the hot hero person DIES!
sRoze chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Ah, I actually read this twice. First time I didn't get it, and I was wondering why there aren't any line breaks. Thought it was pretty hard to read. But THEN, the second time I read, I suddenly understood it all. It's that simple, you're trying to reflect two similar-yet-not-same situations: Kenshin with Tomoe, and Kenshin with Kaoru.

And as I read through the short fic just now, I came to comprehend why this is so special. In Tomoe's paragraph (haha, I shall refer the first paragraph as that), I feel the misery and sorrow the young Hitokiri felt when his first love died. So painful, so heartwrenching. "You didn't flinch away from my touch." Whilst in Kaoru's one, I feel the peace Kenshin feels. He seems so in peace with life, the shadows of his past just as that: there, but no longer substantial. All it matters is that he is with Kaoru. "I'm home... Kaoru."

I've just thought of it, and it seems particularly true with this fic: Tomoe may have been his first love: always sweet, always soft, but it is really Kaoru who is his one true love: always there, always eternal. )
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
Short, but very sweet! I really liked this one-shot. The juxtaposition between Tomoe and Kaoru was nicely done. You could tell how Kenshin had changed since Tomoe's death. Thanks for sharing a wonderful vignette!
Lynn10 chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Wow, I like it! It was neat how Kenshin's mood changed as the story went on. Very well done!

*Lynn*
aikawarazuai chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
aw! the only word I can think of is CUTE! so romantic! _x I agree with Ms. Zeal, it seems in the last paragragh, Kenshin feels as Tomoe did :o) OH! you need someone to check your work? well, just email me! I'll be your beta reader! :-P
Yasmin Kamiya chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Oh well... What can I say... It is a very small fic, but full of feelings... and imensly sad... but at the same time, pure and true... I love it...

Lots of love

Yasmin
Ms. Zeal chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
Little shorter than I had expected, but I like it. One thing that's kinda interesting, in the first paragraph Kenshin was saying 'please don't leave me' and things along those lines. In the second paragraph, Kenshin was thinking 'I'll never leave you' and more thoughts along those lines. It's almost as if not he realized how Tomoe felt. She didn't want to leave him, but she had to and she didn't have any regrets about her actions. He couldn't see that at the time, but now the tables are reversed. Kaoru, however, is able to see that and thus is happy that he has finally been freed. Short, but cool.