Reviews for Calmer Waters
Eediva chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Bwahahahahaha! "Donny knocked up a couple of pieces of toast", I got both meanings but I got the american meaning first! And I'm an Aussie too!
greshunkai chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
after D. utters a cautious "Morning" in greeting his brothers, your choice of the three responses: "Hey", "Good Morning" and "Grunt" evoked a very loud guffaw, it was perfect! I knew immediately just who said what. Beautiful writing. I understand D.'s rage at the cancellation of a favorite program & have often wanted to put something through a TV set-thanks for a good reading session.
Goddess of Idun chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
i read 'still waters can be dangerous' not so long ago, and i must say that this was a really good sequel! i loved the breakfast scene, when they all looked at him nervously and raph left for casey's as soon as don asked him too...
SoonPersephoneAgain chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
O, no wonder he got so upset. Futurama getting cancelled? I'd be really pissed too.
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 9/21/2004
LOL!I was gonna say...poor toast! XD Nice fic, it was funny..Futurama rules too!
Red Tale chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Your pretty good. For such a silly premise, you made two decent stories, which actually have layers to them.

"When I disagreed with the TV."

"Your whiskers look shiny"

"Its was unbecoming of my family, my weapon..."

Leo sneaking into the bathroom while Raph and Mike argue.

The whole eggshell attitude they had. The insect thing. Funny.

Futurama. I love Futurama!

And best of all, Donny knocked up a peice of toast! Don't apologize, I thank you forever for that image!

(I have a lot of international stuff in my stories, so I know how languages can go. A friend of mine once translated a "Pet the Bunny" story from Arabic into English, only she read it as "Fondle the bunny". LOL!)
neosun7 chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
FUTURAMA! *rolling on the floor laughing* That was great! You got all the guys personalities perfectly! Great job! _

odder22 chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Thanks for answering my questions!

This was a good follow-up chapter. I think it wrapped everything up nicely. (Love the way Raph was terrified of Don, though! Good stuff!) I love your writing!
Vestque the Artist chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
HOT DAMN! *dies, completly and absolutly!* I could kiss you and Donny!

*shakes fist in rage* But not before strangling the Fox network executives for cancleing Futurama **

Anywho! You're on my Fav's list for this one, yes sir-ee bob!

~Vestque of Enchantments~
Whitewolf89 chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
This was really cool, to say nothing of hilarious! Bet Raph WILL start looking at Donnie in a whole new light after this. LOL Guess it never occured to our resident hot-head that even really quiet, gentle people can have a temper. I know. I'm a lot LIKE Doonie in that respect; the slow-to-anger-type. But when I blow, I BLOW! But it's usually all over very quickly.

Just one l'il critiscm, though: you really need to put spaces between your punctuation marks, m' friend. Otherwise, everything is just run together. Now, that's okay if the person talking is talking really fast, like they're extrememly excited, upset, or worried, but not if the sentence is supposed to be in a normal tone of voice, and DEFINITELY not for your punctuated sentences. Just thought you might like to know.
Phoenix Red Lion chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
*smirks* So THAT was the show Donny got so upset over. I LOVE IT! ROFLMAO! That was great! The after the fact situation was hilarious. I loved it! Great, just great!
Pretender Fanatic chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
um... ok... I am just gonna tell you the truth... I don't really think that you're story needed a sequel... I think it was good as it was... this story was ok... not much happened though... it would have been good if it was a chapter out of a multi chapter story but standing alone i don't think it had enough content... on the upside I think it was quite cute the way Donny had Raph quaking in his boots! I hope to see another story soon because I know you are a good author and you can do some good stuff... maybe try your hand at a longer story?

Pretender Fanatic
RaneyLee chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Futurama! Futurama was...*gasp* cancelled! No wonder Don destoryed the TV! I LUV that show! Too bad destorying the TV won't bring the show back on the air... *pouts then congratulates Donny* I would've done the same thing, man... No on second thought, I would've just blasted the TV. And rendering Raph into a skittish turtle, way ta go! *grins* I love it! Great job!
Cat-kun chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Hello I am really happy that you wrote this story

Read mine sometime so I can know how to fix the problems on there
prepare4trouble chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
hehe, loved it. Totally agree with Donatello, Futurama should go on forever!

Very funny, and I'm glad the TV will recover though! I really liked the way you wrote Don's thoughts, so funny.

Hoping for another one...