Reviews for It's a Thankless Job
kimi-ebi chapter 1 . 8/19
This is a really good fanfiction. I love how you wrote it, how you described everything. Every word you used was absolutely perfect. And it was really interesting and sad as I like it.
Thanks for it !
laila45 chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
jj chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
nice one i think you did a great job
Tonnerre chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
But it wasn't bad. And I think she could very well end up doing this! You portrayed her as human and ,more then that you made me feel closer to her than I ever have. She went from shy little girl to over worked neurotic adult and that HAPPENS. To alot of us. Real world blunders make your fics what they are and give life to the characters. So, without further ado, i'm faving.
DeadNotSleeping chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I'm guessing you've seen Repo! The Genetic Opera?
krakonfive chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
This touched me more than others because I'm studying to be a doctor. I loved this.
Raj8 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I really liked this
Lionasha No Bruja chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Actually, I really liked this story. It was definitely an 'Earn Your Happy Ending' kind of story. I like Hinata because disliking her would be like kicking a puppy, but I am aware of the many flaws in her character. Kishimoto said he intended Sakura and Lee to serves as icons of 'human weakness', but I really think that isn't what they are. Hinata shows more human weakness than either of them.

I could go on, but I'll just say, good work.
Lil-lo chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
My review is going to be skewed by the fact that I thought I had already reviewed years ago when I 1st read this (I saw my past review on for S.O.O.)

I still get that shock or that "damn" feeling when you got to the line "burns are very common in FIRE country". That become the part where I shed that suspension of real harm or injuries because it's a shonen series and I'm supposed to enjoy the heroics. The reality of pain comes back and permeates every surface the more you describe people destroying themselves-Hinata or would be ninjas.

One positive about reviewing now is that I have a clearer view about Hinata fanfiction and I appreciate what you did even more. Back then (and now)I felt like the series reserved Hinata as a joke character that it used to bounce shy girl jokes off of. I knew the fandom wrote her otherwise, but seeing the quality of stories put out dealing with her has disappointed me.

I think that your slam on her is the only reason why I enjoyed Hinata getting her happy ending. As she is Hinata/Kiba stories come off as substitute Naruto stories because her character doesn't seem like she would point blank see Kiba for who he really is. I also see a lot of writers change either her character or Naruto's to even put them in a relationship. I really feel like her negative traits need to be embraced to really enjoy her finally getting love with Kiba (I still haven't found a Naruto story that I liked, but I'm not exactly looking)
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I completely agree with your dad on this one; good writing is supposed to make you feel something. By that definition then, It's a Thankless Job is definitely "good writing". It does tread the comfort line, I'll give you that, but it sufficiently portrays both Hinata's personality and the 'reality' of the Naruto world. Since Naruto *is* a manga, the emphasis isn't so much on the more gruesome parts of being ninja, but more on Naruto's journey through life(?)and uber-epic battles. And yes, your whole "Hinata the sacred calf" description is one of the reasons I don't particularly enjoy the NaruHina pairing. Every single freakin' one is like that...
shadow of the lost chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
love this story!
Narue-Nara-chan chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Thank you for the fic! It's good. I think something like what you think of Hinata, that everyone seems to think she's the sacred calf and almost not human. But I dislike her for that and being too naive.

Anywasys, thank you again for helping me kill a bit of my hate for Hinata!
Anonymoose chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
I don't usually like angst fics, bu this portrayed Hinata really well. Good job.
Nemrut chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
I really love this story and I really think this could happen to Hinata, although the tense was a bit weird towards the end. It was a normal but good reading experience halfway through the story but in the last third the tense suddenly seemed more obvious in its unusualness and that was weird.

Although, i have one issue with the second sentence; I don't think hinata ever considered herself as beautiful. To me, it was one of the things where she had too low of a self esteem to think of herself that way. Maybe she wanted to be beautiful and maybe you are trying to say that, if so, my bad, but what I could read out of it seemed like Hinata considered herself beautiful beforehand.

May be nitpicking but it was a bit off to see it happening in such a great story as this.

And you are absolutely right, there are not enough real and gritty stories with hinata written like this.

It was well written, depressing and made you hate Neji again. Thank you for this great one-shot
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
It's funny, 'cause I always thought they demonized Hinata far more than they did Sakura... But still too little for either of them, I think. Humanizing, I mean-demonizing, well, only for the truly angsty fics, yea?

I really, really enjoyed this, the overall tone, the overwhelming mood-the emotions came really clear in here. And your grasp of characterization really made everything just that much better.

Definitely enjoyed-loved reading.