Reviews for It's a Thankless Job
OriksGaming chapter 1 . 1/22
Eh, kinda lame, especially since I ship NaruHina and Kiba isn't that great as a person. Kiba has Naruto's lack of social skills and general intelligence(or lack thereof) without Naruto's morals or power.
black widow chapter 1 . 1/13
Thanks for portraying Hinata as a human being, rather than the 'soulless sex doll' route that Kishimoto ended up pulling. You should write more since you got talent!
kimi-ebi chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
This is a really good fanfiction. I love how you wrote it, how you described everything. Every word you used was absolutely perfect. And it was really interesting and sad as I like it.
Thanks for it !
laila45 chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
jj chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
nice one i think you did a great job
Tonnerre chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
But it wasn't bad. And I think she could very well end up doing this! You portrayed her as human and ,more then that you made me feel closer to her than I ever have. She went from shy little girl to over worked neurotic adult and that HAPPENS. To alot of us. Real world blunders make your fics what they are and give life to the characters. So, without further ado, i'm faving.
DeadNotSleeping chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I'm guessing you've seen Repo! The Genetic Opera?
krakonfive chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
This touched me more than others because I'm studying to be a doctor. I loved this.
Raj8 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I really liked this
Lionasha No Bruja chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Actually, I really liked this story. It was definitely an 'Earn Your Happy Ending' kind of story. I like Hinata because disliking her would be like kicking a puppy, but I am aware of the many flaws in her character. Kishimoto said he intended Sakura and Lee to serves as icons of 'human weakness', but I really think that isn't what they are. Hinata shows more human weakness than either of them.

I could go on, but I'll just say, good work.
Lil-lo chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
My review is going to be skewed by the fact that I thought I had already reviewed years ago when I 1st read this (I saw my past review on for S.O.O.)

I still get that shock or that "damn" feeling when you got to the line "burns are very common in FIRE country". That become the part where I shed that suspension of real harm or injuries because it's a shonen series and I'm supposed to enjoy the heroics. The reality of pain comes back and permeates every surface the more you describe people destroying themselves-Hinata or would be ninjas.

One positive about reviewing now is that I have a clearer view about Hinata fanfiction and I appreciate what you did even more. Back then (and now)I felt like the series reserved Hinata as a joke character that it used to bounce shy girl jokes off of. I knew the fandom wrote her otherwise, but seeing the quality of stories put out dealing with her has disappointed me.

I think that your slam on her is the only reason why I enjoyed Hinata getting her happy ending. As she is Hinata/Kiba stories come off as substitute Naruto stories because her character doesn't seem like she would point blank see Kiba for who he really is. I also see a lot of writers change either her character or Naruto's to even put them in a relationship. I really feel like her negative traits need to be embraced to really enjoy her finally getting love with Kiba (I still haven't found a Naruto story that I liked, but I'm not exactly looking)
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I completely agree with your dad on this one; good writing is supposed to make you feel something. By that definition then, It's a Thankless Job is definitely "good writing". It does tread the comfort line, I'll give you that, but it sufficiently portrays both Hinata's personality and the 'reality' of the Naruto world. Since Naruto *is* a manga, the emphasis isn't so much on the more gruesome parts of being ninja, but more on Naruto's journey through life(?)and uber-epic battles. And yes, your whole "Hinata the sacred calf" description is one of the reasons I don't particularly enjoy the NaruHina pairing. Every single freakin' one is like that...
shadow of the lost chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
love this story!
Narue-Nara-chan chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Thank you for the fic! It's good. I think something like what you think of Hinata, that everyone seems to think she's the sacred calf and almost not human. But I dislike her for that and being too naive.

Anywasys, thank you again for helping me kill a bit of my hate for Hinata!
Anonymoose chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
I don't usually like angst fics, bu this portrayed Hinata really well. Good job.