Reviews for The Good Samaritan
Quacked Lurker chapter 7 . 2/28
Lovely work.
It's nice to know that compassion is never wasted - sometimes the seed sits, waiting to grow, sometimes (like this case), it produces something evident.
Glad to read some more about Andrew Carter - more about Hogan's Hero's in general, when they aren't working on helping other escapees get home to freedom.

Appreciate the story.
And the reminder: To not let hate blind us to possibilities. To not let fear keep me from doing everything I can to help others in need.
Aileil chapter 7 . 12/14/2014
Thanks so much for this story! It truly does encapsulate the sweet and tender nature of everyone' favourite demolitions expert. :)
SaraiEsq chapter 7 . 10/9/2014
Nicely done. A good tale.
bonesteel chapter 7 . 12/19/2013
I agree, one small act of kindness could have reprocussions beyond anything you could imagine. Lovely.
konarciq chapter 7 . 7/11/2013
I love this story very much. I'm not sure it's entirely realistic that they *would* have let him go (considering that getting him in safekeeping to England is no problem at all), but nonetheless, with them being human beings, it certainly *could* have happened this way. I'd love to have seen this in an episode...

Everyone is superbly in character, and it's a joy to read this. Personally I find the use of special signs to indicate that German is being spoken a bit annoying (I think most HH fans are smart enough to figure that out themselves), but apart from that, this story is a true gem. Never fails to have my eyes misting over towards the end...
And to be honest, I would love to see *Jack* again one day! Perhaps - if you get back to HH fanfiction one day - you could write a sequel?
smithcrafter chapter 7 . 7/25/2010
Good story. I hadn't caught up on Hogan's Heroes stories for a while, and this is actually the first time I've read this one. (For the record, I just finished reading 1-4 of the Freedom series for about the dozenth time! I went to your bio page to find the next one and decided to read everything there I hadn't yet read. I'm having fun today. :)
Drica-chan not-signed-in chapter 7 . 8/3/2008
Aw, happy ending.

Someone said that Hogan probably wouldn't let a gestapo officer go just because he was f'ed up, but I think Hogan showed a lot of compassion in the series too...obviously not to Carter's extent, who you wrote beautifully by the way, but I could see him changing his mind.

I liked reading the ending, especially Newkirk's line "Couple of adults, we are." You did good by him, too.

In all? I really liked this, and I think it's an admirable tribute to Mr. Hovis' memory.
Stormyrose chapter 7 . 11/26/2007
Awesome, amazing story!
Cristy chapter 7 . 10/20/2006
I’m afraid it’s a bit hard to believe that the guys would throw a Gestapo officer back into the mix simply to reunite him with his family and because they admired his incredible will to survive. Mind you, it’s a very kind thing they did, but this is war and letting him go could be taken as treasonous. I can’t imagine Hogan not sending him on to London as planned. Once there, he could no longer pose a threat to the Allies, and his family would know he was safe as his name would appear on the POW lists.

Ah well, that said, I like to think Carter made a real difference in Jack’s life – perhaps even made him a better person because of the compassion he was shown. The fact that he did not turn Carter and Newkirk in, something he was duty-bound to do, says a lot. Pay it forward...! Awesome to see the Aesop quote in action!

Your characterisation of Carter was brilliant! His innocence, compassion, innate kindness, and general sweetness was so well-written and well-balanced with credibility. It’s a lovely tribute to the late Larry Hovis.

Two things I especially liked were the banter between Carter and Newkirk (fantastic and at times hilarious!), and watching the Heroes feelings and attitudes towards Jack change. Clearly, there was a lot of soul-searching going on and lessons being learnt without the whole thing becoming too preachy or self-righteous. It’s difficult to hold that balance, but you did it extraordinarily well.

Nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing your story. :):):)
lauren hedgehog chapter 7 . 6/30/2006
Aw... I loved reading this- I think it was very well done. Writing, plot and characters were all great, and I love a happy ending :-)
sil chapter 7 . 6/24/2006
AW
JacobedRose chapter 7 . 8/15/2005
This is great and very in character! Keep up the good work!
Nerd-Queen chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
AW! This story just sends the tears pouring out. MORE!
ML Miller Breedlove chapter 7 . 9/28/2004
Nice to see the guys pull together to maintain their humanity, despite all the atrocities of war going on around them. Good job! Marty B
Sorkin's Gal Friday chapter 7 . 9/27/2004
This was a very good story. I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work. Write more stories.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »