Reviews for The Real Glossary
Koneko Shampoo chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
HAHA this glossary is awesome. I think Nynaeve's entry is the best. The italics on the "huge" of "huge bitch" is a nice touch. So true.
lady Whimsy chapter 2 . 8/16/2007
Cool story. I liked it. Great if you want a good cackle.
Just Mat chapter 2 . 7/15/2006
Mat is the coolest character in the entire serie. There's no doubt about it. No matter what anyone in my class says. Mat rocks! And i'm not crazy by the way, thought you ought to know.
Mysterious-little-person chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
Dude! You totally Rock! Everthing you said was totally true. I hope you do Galad, he is a ... never mind, trying not to cuss. Love U and please write more.
NeWb1e chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Nice liked what you did to the characters... _
randomfan276 chapter 2 . 3/20/2006
Kay, now that I've actually finished reading it (well, I finished about two minutes after my last review, but you know...) I'll give you a proper review!

First: the first part was WAY better than the second. No offence or anything, just that it's one thing to describe characters in a derogatory way that makes it hilarious (I'm not going back on that - I was cracking up all through the first part!) but if you actually try and write them like that, it normally turns out very...fake, for lack of a better word, and the joke falls flat. But that's just my opinion, and I'm a hopeless author as it is.

As for the favourite characters that you requested in Ch1, here goes:

Mat - my absolute favourite. I actually couldn't stand him in the early books, but now he just cracks me up. Love him!

Rand - used to like him, then hated him, now back to liking him again. V sexy, of course ;) Pretty cool bloke, all up :)

Perrin - can't stand him. He's like a love-sick puppy. Grr...

Faile - hate her cause she's turned Perrin into a love-sick puppy. And also because she so bossy, dominating, stuck-up...need I go on?

Nynaeve - actually, I quite like Nynaeve. Except when she's with Lan. Lovey-dovey Nynaeve annoys the hell out of me, but most of the time she's determined and brave, which are traits that I really like in characters. She can be a bit blind, of course, but what's a character without flaws?

Aviendha - She's a pretty cool character. A bit less cook since she stopped being a Maiden, but I still like her when she's not doing the whole 'sister' thing. But she's independent and determined...gotta love her.

Elayne - hate her. hate her. hate her. Especially in the eleventh book, cause she just complained the whole time and did nothing. I like her when she's with Mat cause he doesn't put up with her airs so she relaxes a bit and is actually fairly nice, but the rest of the time...grr

Min - Pretty cool character all up. Only thing I don't like about her (besides her fashion sense) is her stubbornness to the point of stupidity. And the way that she bosses Rand around. But that's gotten a little less of late so I'm starting to like her again ;)

Birgitte - have to agree with you here: I LOVE Birgitte. Favourite female character, definitely. She kicks-ass! you think I have a penchant for characters who swear? If my two favourites are Mat and Birgitte...maybe it's the Old Tongue thing...

Egwene - I have a love-hate relationship with Egwene. Sometimes she's pretty cool, and she's definitely intelligent (there is no way I agree with your 'dumbest Amyrlin' thing) but the way that she thinks she's above the Two Rivers folk makes me want to bash her head in. Oh and the fact that she likes Gawyn is frankly disturbing. Bloody traitor...

Anyways, I think that's all the main ones. Again, I loved this first chapter, so just ignore any complaints I have about the second!

Harry Lvr
randomfan276 chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
I got halfway through this and thought "This is SO going on my favourites!" Freakin hilarious! Have to agree with ya too, on most counts, so its all cool! Hehe...HATE Egwene. Anyway, I should probably get back to actually reading it...
Min Daae chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
For the author of this story: Reading this, I was...amused. I would have been outraged at your irreverence but for the comment that none of this was actually real this was enjoyably bizarre. I liked the first part better.

For the reviewers: This is as close to a flame as I will ever get. When I was reading these reviews, I was absolutely disgusted. It is times like this that I lose my faith in the human race. The amount of "bitches, sluts, whores" and other derogatory terms in these reviews was astounding, and not in a pleasant way. Don't you have anything better to spend your time on than bashing characters? If you don't like as many of the characters in these books as these reviews seem to indicate - DON'T READ THEM. Or, if you must insult them, try to use more educated choice of language.

Excuse me for ranting, but this made me more angry than I've been for a while. Maybe if you took some time to grow up, you might be able to appreciate RJ's well-rounded and interesting characters more. In my opinion, flawed characters are much more fun to read about than flat, one-dimensional characters.

Once again, this is for the reviewers. Author, this has nothing to do with you or your story, just the people taking advantage of it to do some character bashing.
ESP-ive girl chapter 2 . 9/14/2005
liked the first chappie lots more than this one.

"Min has visions that make her seem somewhat ... what am I looking for here?... eligible to be in a freak show."

Sorry, but this hits a little too close to home for me, as I could be considered a Min/Luna Lovegood-type. Once again, sorry.
Narysse a'Jahar chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
*wipes tears out of eyes* This is great, seriously great! I was cracking up at the end of the FIRST SECTION! Hate to see what this is gonna do to me in criminal justice today...I'm gonna crack up at the most least-forgiving moment, like when we're discussing the Christian imperialists (no offence to you christians out there) of the Witchcraze...don't mind me. Senseless drabble is my specialty while reviewing.
Diana Crescent chapter 2 . 7/10/2005
This was oddly refreshing. I've been reading non-stop for the past 6 weeks and I'm only on book 6 (though I have read New Spring). The stuff you mentioned has also bothered me. Egwene is getting on my ever loving nerves. Elayne reminds me too much of a few people I know. Aviendha is just as bad as Elayne and Min. And PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT get me started on Faile. I'm actually kinda fond of Nynaeve, but she still gets on my nerves-she's a know-it-all and impatient and that stupid block of hers is driving me insane! Rand is in this, I must be hard and tough and I'm the Dragon Reborn kick. Mat is "I'm a gambler, a lover-not a hero." and Perrin is. . .Perrin. A quiet person that you know is going to go crazy and kill everybody b/c that's what quiet people do.

All the women are on the same wavelength. There is nothing really different about any of them. They all have the same flaws and strengths. There is no substance.

The men are all macho and "what I'm doing is best even though you can't see it now" type thing and I think I need a break from these books.

But I plan to finish before mid-August.

Wish me luck!

And please make another like this. It's great!
hannah chapter 2 . 6/26/2005
dude that was totally awesome! i am currently rereading all the books that are out at the moment. i agree with your descriptions on the characters. brigitte and aviendha were so totally awesome(i sound like im from the past with retro words or something-what is wrong with me? *evil laugh*) ANYWAYS...those 2 were the best until they had to follow sniffers around. at least it adds some drama to the story. whats a good series w/out lots of drama. such as rand's drama: thinks he is madly in love with egwene, sees elayne and falls in love with her, meets min and aviendha and thinks he loves them too...but who to choose? on top of all that business he is getting down with(literally), he is going mad and will destroy the world AND save it! but i really do like the books even though it might sound otherwise. i dont have a fanfiction pen name at the moment since i dont really have good ideas at the moment. maybe one day! but i do have a couple of poems and a story on my fictionpress name: bananas247 great work!
The Dreamer chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Warnings: I'm goin' to say nasty things about your ability to understand obvious things, like why Egwene was chosen to be the new Amyrlin, things like that.

Egwene al'Vere, Amyrlin: She was chosen to be the Amyrlin because the Aes Sedai thought they could control her. Wrong, wrong. She gave 'em a nasty suprise when she took control over the Small Tower. After coming back from the Aiel, being as apprentice to some Wise Women, she's much tougher. I think she has grown from being an ignorant villagegirl to a hard woman, someone you can recon with. About the dreams, it's one of the lost Talent, to Dream. How cool isn't that? To see things in your dreams, even though you don't understand it? About Gawyn, he is actually Galad's halfbrother or something like that, who is incredibly hot.

Rand al'Thor,The Dragon Reborn: You've got some points right, he is halfway to the madhouse, he is talking to himself sometimes, and girls from 15 to 65 is swooning over him. I sees him like a rather depressed young man, with too much to think about. Add crazy and paranoid, you've got a very, very dangerous saviour of the world.

Perrin Aybara, Lord of Two Rivers: Agree completly, that poor is an extrem case of jealousy, watching over him everywhere. Some- times, she's just to much.

Matrim Cauthon,leader of the Red Hand Legion: Too much confidence is not good. With the Power blocking medal, he's even more dangerous. He's also too much sometimes, with his gambling, drinking and swearing. He's the one to be called a bad-ass guy.

Birgitte, Warder: Cool, cool and cool! Agrees with you. A pity she has to be a Warder to Elayne, though.

Elayne of Trakand, Daughter Heir of Andor: Agree to everything. She is annoying, why can't Birgitte risk some pain to give her an uppercut or two?

Nynaeve al'Meara, Aes Sedai: Screams to much, getts very upset over small things and is generally a pain in the arse. Still loves that character, though.

Aviendha, Wise Woman: Very strong willed woman, but gives in to him. She has a codex of honor, like every other Aiel, which is called toh. Humilation is an effective way to solve it, the Aiel thinks. AND she is supposed to guard him for Elayne, not have sex with him.

Min Farshaw: Somewhat creepy when she sees the auras and the pictures around people. Has a problem, she is to obsessed with what clothes she's gonna wear.

About the sniffers, I would say it's bad wine or beer, instead of drugs.

And with that, you've got some enlightment, I've done a good deed and I'm happy. I liked it, it was a good change from what I thinks. Sorry 'bout my "complaining spree" and for ruining the fun.

The Dreamer
rawwar89 chapter 2 . 4/3/2005
I applaud your work. I'd just like to say that most Aes Sedai are IDIOTIC MORONS! And although Elayne and the other younger Aes Sedai can be that way sometimes, they are no where near as bad as the experienced Aes Sedai. (At least Elayne and Nyneave were nice to Mat after a while. I mean, he did save their butts a few times.) Mat is actually my favorite character, because the poor guy has to deal with women, not to mention things trying to kill him all the time. Anyway, I'm ranting. Keep up the good humor _
sras chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
One of the things I really like about WoT is how RJ created so many characters, and half of them you just want to kill. I *hate* it when I like all the characters, it's just boring!

I loved this piece, especially the women; I agree with you about everyone except Eg, who I think isn't doing too bad, for someone who was an ignorant village girl a few years ago. I'd love to see more of this, if you ever plan to write it. Sevanna, Cads, Elaida, Egeanin, Tuon, Semirhage? A few of my faves..