Reviews for When I Breathe
Rosey Malone chapter 2 . 1/11
I love this story! You portrayed their emotions so well! This should've been an episode. Please finish or I'll go crazy trying to figure out what happens next!
Cruelest Sea chapter 2 . 11/4/2010
Beautiful, beautiful story! A perfect picture of their bond..very well done!:)
sallyferrell chapter 2 . 9/14/2010
So here I am, just toodling through S&H fanfiction hoping & looking for a GOOD story and WHAM, I come across this work of a genius! This is terrific, tremendous and wonderful! But you leave us with a "To be continuted"! Oh, no, where is it? PLEASE!

Sally in East Texas
Nova-chan chapter 2 . 2/27/2007
That was so beautiful! I swear all the writers for this section are awesome. You're making me look bad! (wink)
Still waiting chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
I check this story every once in a while to see if you've added to it. I do not read very much fanfiction and can tell from the first few paragraphs if a piece is worth my time. This is wonderfully written and so well-done that I keep coming back to it.

A deal - write one story a year. Just one. I'll take it.
Izzie chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
I keep revisiting this story hoping to find an update, but no luck so far. Please finish this story - it's such an interesting concept with great potential, and what you have written to date is really strong and convincing. It just grabs you right from the opening sentence.
FFQ chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
Why are you not writing more in the S&H universe. You have them down perfectly (and I mean the original characters, not the movie). This is a terrific story, very well-done and beautifully in tune with the characters. I've read it several times and, believe me, I am not easily impressed.

Write more. Now. Do it or, well, you'll force me to beg. And that ain't pretty.
Ecri chapter 2 . 4/20/2005
WOW! Great story. Well written, perfect characterization and a beautiful twist in the closeness of their relationship. It's so believable the way you wrote it that I can accept it completely. I hope you write more.
Aenisses Thai chapter 2 . 3/3/2005
A very impressive work. From the very first paragraph, you have the reader hooked, waiting to see what happens next. Your action sequences are believable and direct, with just enough detail to make the scene vivid, but not so much that it slows the pace of the story.

Yet perhaps the most impressive thing about this story is the characterization. A reader could know absolutely nothing about Starsky and Hutch, and yet completely understand the depth and complexity of their relationship long before the end of the first chapter.

I also feel that you have depicted the intimacy of their strong friendship with rare skill; showing the depth of their feelings for one another without falling into the trap of excessive sentimentality or maudlin emotion. The shared dream sequence was especially well-executed, not to mention the psychic connection. Those plot devices are as dangerous as sharp weapons; handled clumsily, they can detract from the verisimilitude of a story. However, you have handled them with an archer's skill.

You are an inspiration to all fanfic authors and readers. Keep writing-and I will keep reading.

A
Kreek chapter 2 . 1/2/2005
GREAT story. I love the connection that the guys have. PLEASE continue.

Kreek.
Freakizimi chapter 2 . 10/16/2004
Just finished my S&H marathon (I LOVE weekends!) and I found this. Usually you come cross a whole load of VERY badly written, wildly out of character stories when you read S&H fic, but this is most certainly not one of them. And, if that wasn't enough for us, it's also got a really good original idea behind it too, one that I haven't seen before in any S&H story! It would be interesting to see how this planes out. Please, please continue it! We all just wanna have more!

:D
Kathy Jackson chapter 2 . 10/6/2004
That story was so great. I wish you would do more. The characterization was right on target. You have the guys down perfect!
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Very interesting idea, very well written! I think the story is very presentable even in one chapter. Great job!
Stormyrose chapter 2 . 8/27/2004
Nice. Haven't seen this concept before.

Ooh, can you imagine! Hutch gets outta the hospital, they got some kinda ESP thing going on... the pranks! The hijinks! The immaturety... immaturaty... imma... ah, heck, you know what I'm saying.
Ollie chapter 2 . 8/17/2004
HA! Found ya Blintz! Anyway...

Wow. That's just... wow. You have a talent for beautiful writing, I don't care what you say. That first chapter almost had me in tears, and this second one wasn't much better. Starsky is, by watching the series, one of the most compassionate men alive, and his love for his partner is shown always, but now we actually get to hear his thoughts, feel his reactions, and it's just amazing.

I hate to see either of them hurt, but you do it in a way that makes the two so much closer than before, so much closer than most real-life couples could ever claim to be.

You better finish this, or I'm going to kill you, plain and simple. Not completing this fic would make you mean. Really mean. _