Reviews for Paths Not Taken
softestbullet chapter 5 . 2/15/2014
This is kind. Thank you.
softestbullet chapter 4 . 2/15/2014
When I first read this it devastated me for like a week and it's still horrible, I'M SO UNHAPPY, IT'S REALLY GOOD. :(
isaakfvkampfer chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Thanks for writing this. Is is just brilliant.

DS9 fanfics on FF and AO3 are mostly high-qualitied - at least when you filter it by reviews - but I've never read one like this. It's perfect. I am not exaggerating. Most other fics always have something OOC about them, sometimes not the main characters but there're always something not right. I don't see that in this one. The characters are acting as what they are, who they are, and even more so due to the realism of it. Bashir the character grows a lot in DS9, but he has made too much a jump from a innocent young man to a man who kept his secret for 20 years. And Garak. I think he should be darker than he already is. Maybe not darker, just not that lucky or too lucky in the episodes - that's what your fic does.

When I started to read the second chapter, I thought the chapters are not independent, but then I realized it's not. Anyway I am gonna start rereading the second time.

PS: May I translate this fic into Chinese and post it on FF, my blog( . /isaak1937) and this Chinese fan site( ) to share it with my friends? Of couse I will add the original address and disclaimer and author info so on. I've never saw a proper DS9 fanfic translated into Chinese before. I hope you may give the honor to let me introduce a well-written DS9 fic to Chinese fans. Lots of thanks.
Gilva Lepista chapter 5 . 4/24/2013
O, what a fragile utopia the Star Trek 'verse is!

Of course, we all know that, but seeing plausible endings to the classic tales actually written out in a realistic fashion is very engaging and enjoyable. I thought the direction you took with it, resetting to the canon between each chapter, gave it a dreamlike quality. It did not feel like it was discarding canon, or rewriting it, but simply examining it from a new point of view.

And even though each ended with death and despair, they gradually went from bitter to bittersweet, with the last one having an almost hopeful tone. Your writing style made me feel immersed in your world, and I truly sympathized with the characters at every turn. Excellent work.
Garonne chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Very impressive. Really well written and to be honest more realistic than the original episodes.
CJSpooks chapter 5 . 1/12/2012
Such a brilliant collection of stories. The voices and characterizations of all the characters are spot on. And the consequences for everyone's Beautifully done!
Fantome chapter 5 . 1/14/2011
Lovely job. I'm surprised there aren't many reviews for these stories. Very dark and some of the best Garak I've ever read. Well done.
Sarah T chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
I liked this fic. Thanks
BlueNova chapter 2 . 5/3/2009
Your stories are soo utterly, perfectly written! The mood and the character voices of Bashir and Garack are wonderful...3!
Your Worshipfulness chapter 5 . 8/4/2008
Somehow I expected these to be lighter than they were. Still, all wonderful dark stories that really let you see into Garak and Bashir's characters. I think I liked the last one best, even if it was the saddest one of all. I like to think that Garak would have handled his last moments in just such a way- with romance and flair.

~Your Worshipfulness
SunnyRea chapter 5 . 11/28/2007
Ok, that was fabulous. I loved all the different possible ways you took these things. The last one with the kiss before death was just so tragic and lovely. I liked the various evil Garak and evil Bashir things, both evil and in love at the same time. Just all of them so lovely. Adding to my favorites!
Resurrection Rite chapter 5 . 2/27/2007
Shezan chapter 5 . 7/26/2006
I had completely missed these stories! They're wonderful!
Cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 4/19/2005
Very very nice little string of one shots. Tight writing, believable POVs, impressive.
Beth Winter chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
Wonderfully subtle and great voices for all characters. I love the depth you give them, especially Bashir. Great work!