Reviews for Indiana Jones and the Gypsy's Kiss
Swashbucklist chapter 53 . 11/21/2011
Finally finished this amazing fanfic a few months ago (although calling it a fanfic is like calling Raiders of the Lost Ark a home movie) and only just decided to come back and review the final chapters. There's nothing I can say that nobody else already has about how terrific it is: the research is deep and interesting, and it coincides with the plot, which is well-paced and full of action. Said research and action are also balanced perfectly with the romance, global travels, and character development that are all Indy trademarks and all perfectly executed. (Look like I went ahead and repeated what previous reviewers have already said anyway. Oh well.)

The one and only drawback is the ending. The story builds up to what is supposed to be a majestic Egyptian ruin, and the entrance is just a hole in the ground. We expect a daring rescue of Professor Malboury, but what we get is a quick and easy escape. Instead of an action-packed showdown, the main characters simply flee. The villain, whom we never get to know as closely as we did the movie villains, is dispensed in the same flat, unimaginative manner that Malboury was saved while the rest of the Nazis, if I remember correctly, were dispatched in bulk. And the romantic drama between Indy and Vadoma is also tied up far too easily, even though it is somewhat common for Indy's girlfriends to die.

The fanfic as a whole deserves to be novelized, but the end itself is kind of a letdown. Is there a loophole somewhere in the publishing industry that could get this story printed if given a fresh ending? I doubt it, and that's pretty upsetting. Still, this is one of the best Indiana Jones stories anywhere online, and anyone who contributed to it deserves commendation.
Swashbucklist chapter 41 . 3/7/2011
This is where he's supposed to say, "Oh, shit."
Swashbucklist chapter 15 . 10/13/2010
Loved that 007 reference. I missed that when I read this on theraider dot net.
Swashbucklist chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
I'm so excited by this! I remember reading this story on theraider dot net, but only got about halfway through and haven't thought of looking for it until just now. I'm so glad you posted it on FF as well. Now I need to start from the beginning again. This is definitely one of the most professionally-written fanfics out there.
sunkissedvampire chapter 15 . 4/21/2010
Oh Shiz! Nazi's! Lol, How did I know they would pop up in here?
Red Bess Rackham chapter 18 . 3/22/2008
Perhaps there is romance in the cards for Vadoma and Dr. Jones...?

Red Bess Rackham chapter 17 . 3/22/2008
O, what did he see? This story is so exciting - cliffies at the end of nearly every chapter! :D

Red Bess Rackham chapter 16 . 2/8/2008
Yes... Indy's gonna meet her. And I bet whoever got Malboury took those scrolls too.

Red Bess Rackham chapter 15 . 2/8/2008
Ah, the Nazis, of course. The plot thickens... I'm interested to meet this Nefertiti chick.

Red Bess Rackham chapter 14 . 2/8/2008
I don't suppose you are or were a history major of some description? This chapter was full to the brim with history - if it's not actual history that you wrote in here, then it sure as heck sounds like it. :D NICE job!

Red Bess Rackham chapter 13 . 1/16/2008
So he got his bag back, thin man died, and the mask was lost to the river. Phew.

Queen Nefertiti? Interesting!

I feel like a broken record saying this again and again, but this story is super well written, in character, interesting and really, really great!

Red Bess Rackham chapter 12 . 1/16/2008
Oh man... the thin man is going to screw him over somehow. Now how is Indy going to get his bag and get the mask back!

Red Bess Rackham chapter 11 . 1/16/2008
Oh crap. Now what! And did 'thin man' get sucked into the watery vortex of death? What is Indy gonna do now without his bag!

Red Bess Rackham chapter 10 . 1/16/2008
Intense action chapter ending on a wild cliffie the stuff of a brilliant Indy fic. Great job AGAIN. :D

Red Bess Rackham chapter 9 . 1/16/2008
O... Indy better be on his guard. Great chapter, once again. (I would've been back to read more sooner, but I've been super busy. I wasn't about to forget about this story, tho, it's too good!)