Reviews for Gone
teejplease chapter 8 . 11/20/2005
oh... buffy could kill dawn with a few words if she was in a mood.
kage chapter 7 . 11/15/2005
*G* Okay, to give more of a review, I like how, despite it being decades later, Dawn's still Dawn in her style of speaking and tone ("Yeah, that would be a good idea." Dawn muttered to herself. "Introduce one secret society to another."). I think it's important especially in an fic like this because it's not one coherent story - and while Dawn may change and probably will change as time passes by, there are some mannerisms that are uniquely hers. On a stylistic viewpoint, makes it seem like she's not just an OC since we can't or more specifically we haven't seen the changes (yet, hopefully). The lessons Amanda gave her were a nice touch to explain her less exuberant nature in the HP portion although a little too tell imo. Given your self-imposed limit on word count, I'm hard pressed to think of a way that would show without inflating the chapter too much. Gah - it probably would end up being tell again, just longer (or as long as Amanda would care to take to tell it; given her nature, it might just be to the point). I suppose it could work with a cryptic either motif or just a couple vague quotes with the assumption that it would be explained in another drabble (or you could just be cryptic and never explain it).

The interplay between Amanda and Dawn is very nice - banterish with just a hint of longing/wistfulness. Poor Dawn though. Amanda seems in a way like a cat; certainly, didn't seem like she could resist playing/teasing here and I can imagine how that could quickly descend into torturous for Dawn.

M... For some reason, I can't imagine the Key as being one of those one place, one time deal things. You touched a bit upon it in the Just Red chapter. I follow your reasoning that there has to be a ritual wherein the blood can activate. I do like the touch in the It's Alive chapter with Dawn sensing magic as well as in Waiting... given that it's decade later, I'd imagine Dawn'd know a bit more about herself as the Key beyond that she can sense and identify differnt types of magic (or is she sailing down the Nile like there's no tomorrow?). Does the Key respond to her emotions? Even if it's non-sentient and just a big green glowing ball of energy, energy can be directed and most wandless/accidental magic, at least in HPverse, responds to emotion. Seems like Dawn's situation could be similar - just she has a whole bunch of power to mess around with. Also, given the first sentence, will there be others coming after the Key (and won't that be jolly fun for Dawn)?

Last bit I'm wondering on, I know Dawn herself is nowhere near a Slayer's level (centuries and what not). How does the rest of the Highlander cast, in particular, Amanda, Duncan, Adam, compare to a regular Slayer and then to an experienced Slayer (like Buffy)?
kage chapter 7 . 11/15/2005
o.O I'm guessing Faith.
Kieri J. Krycek chapter 7 . 11/11/2005
That was pretty good. Can' wait to see the fireworks go off when Buffy finally sees Dawn after all those years. It's sad Faith died?
Crossover Addict chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Even though you said you weren't, please consider a sequel or continuation. Some interaction with Duncan or Methos perhaps?
Phoenix chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
I like it! I've never read a story where Dawn was an immortal before. I know you said you won't, but please consider continuing this story. :)
Kat chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
I loved it, although didn't really like the way Dawn died...but hey it's more ironic that she'd die in a plane crash then by the hands of some demon right? The fomating was a little off, but it was readable. I'm wondering though how Dawn found Amanda...or the other way around.

I honestly think you should continue this, it has a lot of good potential. It's not often where you see Dawn as the immortal in a BtVS/Highlander x-over.

I also loved the engraving on her tombstone, it was really beautifully thought out. I also like how Dawn brought up something along the lines of Buffy might find out from someone else that Dawn is an immortal. Which by all accounts she should, with all of Buffy's links in the demon world she should hear of Dawn still being alive sometime in the future.

This is all actually giving me an idea for a fanfic now. Look you've inspired! Go you! Heh, anyway I should probably end this review now so um yeah...it was really good and in the end if you continue it probably going to make for a very good story.

-Kat
Harry2 chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
Kudos on having Amanda as Dawn's teacher. If anything, being the key makes sense if Dawn was going to be immortal. And as for the person who she saw: Even odds says that it was Willow.
Allen Pitt chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
Neat -but why would Dawn agree not to tell Buffy? Who would have no problem understanding her 'situation' -and would keep quiet about it, she has the same kind of 'no publicity' deal going. And, Buffy could teach her all she needed to know about sword fighting anyway... plus provide bodyguards with super powers.

The "game" is really kind of childish when you think about it. Meanwhile, Dawn could be an immortal Watcher, a huge asset to the new 'council of slayers and watchers' that's probably forming ...