Reviews for The King's Vineyard
LeahR chapter 50 . 2/23
I absolutely loved this story. Thank you for writing it.
I like your idea with the vineyard and I appreciate your style. However, the plot is very simplistic and rather redundant. I do not feel like Thranduil is being... well Thranduil. That said, I respect that this is your work and you are doing because you enjoy it. I am very happy to see a lack of spelling and grammar errors and you have a good sense of time progression throughout the story.
BlueDorid chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
I love this story so much! Thank you so very much for writing this. I especially love your Legolas and his joyfulness and the way his and Thranduil's characteristics were true to the book.
Alassea Telrunya chapter 9 . 6/30/2014
I believe there are a few things that need to be addressed regarding this fanfic if you care to read my opinion.

1) Cella is too much of a special little flower for a mortal woman and all she does is act shy and embarrassed and constantly thinking about touching, hands and nice feet. And suddenly, the king is immediately attracted to her. Um...what?

2) You make the other mortal women act too ridiculous. I am a mortal woman and we do have a sense of dignity and propriety.

3) Thranduil is this weird elf king who acts all interested and touchy feely towards Cella and yet the rest of the other male elves, you make them almost asexual and robotic from what I have read so far. This is inconsistent and imbalanced. Whether they are elves or not, males are still males and they do happen to 'ogle' or appreciate the opposite sex as in the ways of nature no matter the race.

4) The descriptions you wrote are a bit overdone and yet the plot so far is not really a plot but just Thranduil and Cella playing hid and seek with each other.

This is what I got so far from this fanfic.
ssooo chapter 27 . 4/18/2014
I couldn't wait until the end of the story to review because I JUST HAD TO.

Legolas's "Oh ho!" was so hilarious, I snorted. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA He is so eccentric its amusing how he talks wlhaodnwizlwb

This story is just overall wonderful. At some points I feel so embarrassed for Cella (esp the bed part!1) but it's so endearing how she acts upon her actions. lol And freaking THRANDUIL. AGH.

At first I thought this was a Legolas fic considering the fact his name is on the character list but then I read the first chapter and it said Thranduil/OC so I went, "OH SO IT'S THRANDUIL!" not that I'm complaining bc Thranduil is my favourite character in Tolkien. :')

Alright, back to reading I go. xx
Sayonarasolo chapter 37 . 4/14/2014
Can I just say how much I love this story? You've captured Thranduil perfectly, and your own OC is well developed and likable. I only wish i could write this well or for this long a story! In short, This is awesome!
renee chapter 50 . 1/22/2014
This is truly wonderful and i just cant tell you how much i love it. Really the best fanfic ive ever read that i almost cried at the end just because i didnt want it to end. Thank u so much for being such a good writer!
Mssharleenquinn chapter 50 . 1/22/2014
This has been the best fanfic I've ever read and I am so happy to hAve stumbled upon it. It was so well written and beautiful and never failed to make my heart race or to feel incredibly happy. Thank you so much!
Raider-K chapter 50 . 12/27/2013
I just finished reading your story again, especially after seeing the new Hobbit Desolation of Smaug movie. Your story is still as every bit as wonderful as I remember it being and in my opinion, remains one of THE best Thranduil portrayals on FF. Truly.
Yuki Suou chapter 50 . 6/7/2013
Awesome! I really liked the portrayal of Legolas in this story.
glitterballx chapter 25 . 4/10/2013
Good story :)
bonniebeast chapter 50 . 7/27/2012
I FREAKING LOVE THIS FIC!cella is a very admirable was innocent, but still managed to be eductive and make the king love her.i love your writing styl andnthe whole vineyard idea.
Udumuhv chapter 50 . 6/25/2012
I'm so glad that I found this story, as it is the 1st one I've read about Thranduil (it's a bit hard to find though as it is listed as a Legolas story).

chapter 34: oh...ohmy...*fans herself*

Rereading is in order :D

I really like your portrayal of Legolas. He's so lovable and cheerful here, also I'm glad that he is not described like all those drooling fangirls write him (not that I would have anything against him, ever.) He is more unique in your story.

What can I say, one Elfking for me please;)

I love your Thranduil, sadly he is portrayed nearly everywhere as a arrogant bastard who doesn't love his son.

Cella must be amazingly brave to confess her feelings to the King.
hermonine chapter 50 . 5/10/2012
great story
Glory Bee chapter 50 . 3/1/2012
What a perfectly delightfully entertaining story Mary! Absolutely loved it from start to finish, lots of tender, sweet and sensual moments to make this reader very happy. :) I love your characterization of Thranduil and I would very much like to see any kind of sequel about him and Cella as I find myself wondering if they had children together. I enjoyed seeing Cella blossom from a shy and timid maid to a bold, confident passionate woman.