Reviews for The King's Vineyard
Are they going to have a baby?
AnnEllspethRaven chapter 1 . 7/3
This is easily among the top ten fully-fleshed Thranduil fics out there that I have yet to discover. Your writing and editing are virtually flawless, the story is unique, and your characters and their relationships are believable and compelling. Contrary to the review you received criticizing "another day at the grapes," as a person who also works in agriculture, I bottomlessly appreciated your commitment to making the world of your OFC seem real. And that the "world" involved the passion of viticulture and enology...well, bring it. I loved, loved, loved this story. In a sea of stories riddled with grammatical errors and trite plots, this one is an emerald in the Necklace of Girion.
firerosedreamer67 chapter 50 . 5/15
Wonderful! !...I have loved every word of this story! ...Theirs is a story that I will come back to again!...Thank You
Katherine Sparrow chapter 50 . 9/5/2015
Loved the story! Really want to read more :)
Phox chapter 10 . 7/28/2015
My opinion probably doesn't matter anymore as there are many chapters after this but I suppose if you ever read this~

At the beginning I was alright with the story. But I became increasingly bored as I went to new chapters. It became the same thing every chapter. Always starting out with a new day at the grape vines and then ended the day then repeat. It is like everyone's life schedule. Get up, get ready for work, go to work, come home and eat dinner, go to bed and repeat.
Why is Thranduil always seem to be at the grape vines anyway? He is a king and has better things to do. He may come down once every other month.
This girl is incredibly shy and almost gives me the creepy feelings. She sounds like a crazy person obsessed with someone. And like someone else said, you do seem to make the elves seem robotic. Especially the males.
Arwen and Aragorn loved eachother along with Tauriel and Killi(even though Tauriel never existed in the books) so there is and can be attractions between both races it just doesn't happen often. I don't see it happening between kings and queens
I find myself skipping paragraphs in order to find something new. I actually could even skip a chapter or two and I still wouldn't have missed much it is that repetitious. This reminds me of the saying "If you've seen one, you've seen them all."
There is just nothing intriguing about your character. Being a little shy is fine, but there is a limit to where you begin to think the person to be a wimp. Those are the second things I hate about ocs. The first being extreme mary sue to the point that the very first paragraph of the story turns you away. The third being "falls into Middle Earth" stories. And finally over heroic ocs.
Overall, I find your character to be boring and the lack of action turns me away.

HOWEVER! Although Thranduil is overly nice in your story, he is not like other stories where he is a bully. His character was cool in the movies, but he was most of the time harsh. When in the books I believe he wasn't so bad.
Your knowledge of making wine is very interesting. It seems like you actually have a winery yourself. I enjoy stories where the author knows more about a subject then just throwing in explanations that are entirely incorrect and childish.
Such as, the lack of knowledge on a bow. Someone actually thought that 30 feet was far to shoot a bow. When in reality it is not at all. The tighter the draw weight on a bow, the straighter and harder is shoots. People don't know that yanking out arrows of a body is a horrible idea as the arrow spins when it is shot. Arrows can be shot almost or even just as fast as a gun. If the arrow is loaded and pointed, it can be just as fast as a gun such as a shotgun.
people don't know that. And it is very hard to mess up so bad at shooting a bow that it lands three feet infront of them. They had to have been pointing it down.
These are things that people don't know about that make them sound ridiculous.
However your knowledge about wine is very impressive and make that aspect believable. I actually learned some things.
LeahR chapter 50 . 2/23/2015
I absolutely loved this story. Thank you for writing it.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
I like your idea with the vineyard and I appreciate your style. However, the plot is very simplistic and rather redundant. I do not feel like Thranduil is being... well Thranduil. That said, I respect that this is your work and you are doing because you enjoy it. I am very happy to see a lack of spelling and grammar errors and you have a good sense of time progression throughout the story.
BlueDorid chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
I love this story so much! Thank you so very much for writing this. I especially love your Legolas and his joyfulness and the way his and Thranduil's characteristics were true to the book.
Alassea Telrunya chapter 9 . 6/30/2014
I believe there are a few things that need to be addressed regarding this fanfic if you care to read my opinion.

1) Cella is too much of a special little flower for a mortal woman and all she does is act shy and embarrassed and constantly thinking about touching, hands and nice feet. And suddenly, the king is immediately attracted to her. Um...what?

2) You make the other mortal women act too ridiculous. I am a mortal woman and we do have a sense of dignity and propriety.

3) Thranduil is this weird elf king who acts all interested and touchy feely towards Cella and yet the rest of the other male elves, you make them almost asexual and robotic from what I have read so far. This is inconsistent and imbalanced. Whether they are elves or not, males are still males and they do happen to 'ogle' or appreciate the opposite sex as in the ways of nature no matter the race.

4) The descriptions you wrote are a bit overdone and yet the plot so far is not really a plot but just Thranduil and Cella playing hid and seek with each other.

This is what I got so far from this fanfic.
ssooo chapter 27 . 4/18/2014
I couldn't wait until the end of the story to review because I JUST HAD TO.

Legolas's "Oh ho!" was so hilarious, I snorted. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA He is so eccentric its amusing how he talks wlhaodnwizlwb

This story is just overall wonderful. At some points I feel so embarrassed for Cella (esp the bed part!1) but it's so endearing how she acts upon her actions. lol And freaking THRANDUIL. AGH.

At first I thought this was a Legolas fic considering the fact his name is on the character list but then I read the first chapter and it said Thranduil/OC so I went, "OH SO IT'S THRANDUIL!" not that I'm complaining bc Thranduil is my favourite character in Tolkien. :')

Alright, back to reading I go. xx
Sayonarasolo chapter 37 . 4/14/2014
Can I just say how much I love this story? You've captured Thranduil perfectly, and your own OC is well developed and likable. I only wish i could write this well or for this long a story! In short, This is awesome!
renee chapter 50 . 1/22/2014
This is truly wonderful and i just cant tell you how much i love it. Really the best fanfic ive ever read that i almost cried at the end just because i didnt want it to end. Thank u so much for being such a good writer!
Mssharleenquinn chapter 50 . 1/22/2014
This has been the best fanfic I've ever read and I am so happy to hAve stumbled upon it. It was so well written and beautiful and never failed to make my heart race or to feel incredibly happy. Thank you so much!
Raider-K chapter 50 . 12/27/2013
I just finished reading your story again, especially after seeing the new Hobbit Desolation of Smaug movie. Your story is still as every bit as wonderful as I remember it being and in my opinion, remains one of THE best Thranduil portrayals on FF. Truly.
Yuki Suou chapter 50 . 6/7/2013
Awesome! I really liked the portrayal of Legolas in this story.