Reviews for Briar
csiKathy chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
I found a recommendation for this fic on YTDAW. Great Story and characterizations. It's nice to go back in time once in a while and read older stories. I don't often leave reviews for the "old ones" but this was so good... I hope we'll get a lot of inspiration from the first 10 episodes of S9.
Jennifer Hart chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
I loved this story. The individual team members' reactions as they sat with Grissom were great.

Question, re the following paragraph:A man who had survived two serial killers, a desperate woman with a gun, an explosion, nearly getting hit by a car, and the rage of a madman, had been done in by gravity.

I'm trying to remember the specifics here. In order:

Serial Killers - Paul Millander, Sid Goggle

Desperate Woman - The only thing that comes to mind is Amy Hendler, on Who Are You. I know she had Nick at gunpoint, but her and Gil had a brief standoff. Am I right?

Explosion - That's got to be Play With Fire

Nearly hit by a car - The end of The Hunger Artist?

Rage of a madman - The lunatic on Bad To The Bone?

Again, great job. I loved it.
Byrnstar chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
You have a strange, lyrical gift in some passages of this story that are remarkably compelling. It would be facinated to see it expressed more, perhaps in an original tale.

Love the use of archetypes - the ‘fairy godmother’ coming to rescue Sara from her broken-down car; the sleeping Grissom, whom only one person can wake. I’m curious to know if it was deliberate or if they arose spontaneously...
Pheo chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
Very nice. Some intense moments there! Cliches or not, I just love your stories.
syRen chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
great work with this story... just sweet ;)especially the ending!;)
Taletha chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Wow! This story was so touching. And I totally have a thing for Grissom and Sara hurt stories. So this was right up my alley. Couldn't help but feel a little emotional when Catherine told Grissom that Sara was on her way. Just another example how the team are in tune with one another. Also touching how the others reacted to Grissom's accident - taking turns to sit with him so that he would never be alone. Just a great story.
hotkeyau chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
I am definitely getting excited over what I am reading. Hehe... you know what I mean...

Penn.
Billy4Me chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
Geez, I just love your stories. This one, of course, is no exception. Well-written (as usual) and perfectly in character. I especially enjoy how you always show a variety of viewpoints. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
Masterthespian chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
Wow. That was an incredible story. I have never been in a coma, but the way you described his reactions and thoughts is very much how I would imagine it. And you have a wonderful writng style! Why haven't I seen anything else of yours? I'm going to keep an eye open for new submissions! Great job!
Nessa Owen chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
What can I say? I love your style of writing - it's so personal, if that makes any sense. I feel like I'm there, not just reading words on a page. Thank you.
michstjame chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
Your characterizations are exquisite, and I loved the different viewpoints here. You built tension and emotion beautifully without ever getting bogged down. And the end-perfection. This is definitely a week for magic and miracles.
leddy chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
This was really terrific. I loved each person's thoughts and feelings and frustrations they were going through. Sometimes all it takes is that one special person to make a difference.
WJShipper4eva chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
Good job! I liked it especially because most coma stories have Sara in a coma.

Awesome job
surrendersomething chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
Wow. I love the emotion of this story, and the fact that there was a little bit of the whole team in there. You wrote it amazingly, and it was a change to see Grissom as the one who was injured instead of Sara.
annieb chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
Just what I needed as a pick me up!