Reviews for The New Trials of Card Captor Sakura and Friends
tomoyohime8 chapter 117 . 2/3
Aww. This has to be my favorite chapter 3. I can't wait for when they meet again. Is the next chapter going to be an epilogue, or is more yet to come? It's like the penultimate chapter of the manga all over again _

Extra love for FujitakaxNadeshiko.
SakuSyaoLvr chapter 117 . 2/2
I'm soo happy this chapter was finally uploaded! But at the same time I can't even contain myself in anticipation of the next chapter!
Seirin chapter 117 . 2/2
Every single time I see the allert message of this wonderful story, I feel such positive vibes... I'll repeat myself over and over again, I adore you for writing one story for so many years, for giving life to endless adventure which still moves my heart. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Kittyangel chapter 117 . 2/2
Wish-chan does it yet again. Wow... I'll leave my full review on the Yahoo Group page ;)

-Melanie
Amethyst Beloved chapter 117 . 2/1
It took me almost twelve hours to read this chapter as I was doing other things through out the day, but I made it. And boy, was it fantastic. I've written you a 1000 words letter, which I'll e-mail to you. Thank you for this wonderful gift. I especially enjoyed the various interactions among the characters that we least expect to share scenes together. And the parallel between what Kai did vs what S&S did was something I didn't even think about even though it's something that we've known about for the longest time! Thanks again, Wish-chan. You're the best.
kimiwoaishiteru18 chapter 117 . 2/1
Oh my gosh. Is this the end? I am not prepared. I love it I really do. And I love you for making this one. And I would really like to cry right now but I won't because if I do, it will make the ending too tangible. I'm the kind of reader who sometimes adores those open ended stories although I am unsure if I want such ending here. One thing I'm sure though, I am not prepared for this story to end.
littlewolf123 chapter 117 . 2/1
I remember when I first read this fic when I was in junior high. And to this day, I don't think I've found a fic to match the depth and imagination of this story. Trust me, I've laughed cried and wondered how in the world someone could come up with such an idea. I'm graduating college now and you can see how the fic has become a part of my life for a long time.I've reread the fix countless of times and I'm glad that you're still updating. Thank you for being such an awesome writer! And please continue till the end!:)
when is the chapter 71
Amazing chapter 116 . 1/19
i really do hope you're continuing this story and update soon because i desparetely need to see how it ends! I just read the whole thing over like a week and honestly idk hiw long i cant wait :p your story is amazing you're a very talented writer especially since you started the story at a young age! I love your characters kai-kun is my favourite OC ever i wish he were a real character in the show! Please do continue to write!
Athrna chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
I remember reading this on my second account and made a few comments years ago. Gosh... This is still going and you have enough ideas to keep it going? GOOD ON YOU! I'll catch up sometime.
Guest chapter 116 . 11/15/2014
I'd just like to know when you will be able to finish this story. It's really great and has many wonderful twists and turns. Please update soon, thanks.
Chica de ipanema chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude but I just don't see what the big fuss about this story is. I also don't see the "epicness" in this. I found almost everyone here is out of character and I found it very hard to believe that this could be seen as a continuation to the anime or the manga. It's very comfusing with all the twists and turns :(
SavFFLover chapter 116 . 10/5/2014
WOW! I non stop read this for the last few months and it is sooooo amazing! Great continuation from the anime as I believe you showed great character development integrated in to the complex plot that still matched the original anime!
I believe me and many others would love for this to become an anime because it is sure to be a hit!
I love this story and your skills so much. Thank you for working on it diligently for the past 13 years! Can't wait to join you on this adventure for years to come 3
Tasss chapter 116 . 9/20/2014
I wipe away a (imaginary) tear as I write this review. This fic has been a wonderful journey! The story progresses beautifully from one chapter to the next. I know this fic was written over a period of about ten years or so. I can see how the writing style changes as the story progresses and I think that the natural transformation of the story as the writer ages is lovely. I can only imagine how reminiscent the writer must be when looking back over the earlier chapters.

I finished reading this fic over a week ago and was surprised to find that it wasn't complete. I was thinking the whole way through reading that the story had been ended and I would be reading the completed fic, but although I am dissapointed I have to wait to see what happens next, I am glad I can look forward to reading the next installment, which I hope will come soon.

I have to say that I am in awe of the story line that this story follows. It continues the original story of the anime so well and uses aspects of the original story in such a way that there is almost a seamless continuation of the anime. If CLAMP did choose to make a sequel to CCS they could easily use New Trials as their basis (wouldn't that be amazing!). I watched CCS (English dubbed) as a child, and only recently was CCS reintroduced to me, so I decided to rewatch the entire show. It in itself is a lovely story and I think New Trials picks up on that and carries it further to new heights.

What can I say about Sakura and Syaoran's relationship? It is a key theme and central focus through out the entire fic, around which the rest of the story revolves. I think that the gradual development of their relationship is sweet and the way they become better friends over time perhaps shows they were meant to be together. :) I do feel a little frustrated that only right at the end did they decide to be completely honest with each other and finally they were able to smooth out their problems, mostly from Syaoran's view, because he just couldn't seem to tell her the reasons for the things he would do (I know he had his reasons for secrecy and all, but come on!). There are some really poignant scenes of interaction between the two which I found captured emotions very well (I can't seem to recall which ones specifically but there are so many right from the beginning) and it was obvious everyone was cheering for the two (well mostly everyone). I'm glad is has worked out for them.

I really enjoyed many of the action scenes. There's always got to be some fighting and of course card capturing. :D They add a spark to the story and I can really imagine how it would work if this was an anime. At first I thought that it may be a little strange that there are all these random dark forces flying around, but then I realised that it sort of reflects the story of Pandora's box, where a lot of evil is dispersed into the world. Also, the story made sense in that the cards that Clow Reed made are just some of the powers out there, so new cards are possible to make. One of the additional cards I love is the Heal card. I think it is a great idea to have another card that is produced by Sakura herself, created because of her strong desire to help heal Syaoran, whom she loves.

Further into the story, I suppose at the end of arc 3 and into arc 4 the story does take a darker turn, as warned by the writer. The crescendo that the story reaches at the end of arc 3 evokes heart wrenching emotions. I think it's great to imagine Sakura as a powerful magician who is able to draw upon her powers to heal many people and seal the Plague using the magic of the Five Force treasures which have magical remnants of the powers of the Great Five magicians stored in them (wow, that's why I can say I love how elaborate this story is!). Another scene of the story (small though it may be) which I found to be captivating, whilst showing the darker side, is the part where Eron confronts Sakura alone and is physically agressive. He even tries to forcefully kiss her, but I like how he only ends up kissing her eye because she turns away. The tear that he tastes seems to symbolise the emotions in the scene. I think this is where the real darkness begins (and ups the rating). I don't like how she later ends up dating him, because I really would think that his aggression would surely scar her enough for her to be afraid of him and not trust him (surely it was traumatic for her?), but I do like how it ends up that he has fallen in love with her (he sees the light in her...).

The characters in New Trials are all so complex with deep back stories which is another aspect of this fic that I love. The original characters are developed well and their personalities are not changed, just built on, while the new characters add new dimensions to the story. I really like Mizuki Kai's character. He is a bit of a comic relief, but I like how he is not just there for laughs but has a deep back story and plays a large role in the fic. I have read Kaitou Magician Origins, as it has been written so far, and hope that this will be continued. There is just so much to say about the other characters too; Meilin, Tomoyo (her father comes into the picture!), Eriol, Miho, Erika, Touya, Sakura's grandfather, Li Ryuuren (Syaoran's father and Sakura's mother loved each other!), etc. Too much more to say!

Well anyway, I really love this fic. As arc 4 is supposedly the final arc it seems that the end of this fic is in sight. As they say all good things must come to an end. I have to add that this fic has actually taught me a bit about the Japanese language and culture, and I am interested in learning some more Japanese. I would also love to visit Japan one day. I finally understand why in the Karate Kid films Mr Miyagi calls Daniel "Daniel-san" (I was quite confused when I watched it as a kid).

What an awesome fic which is able to evoke many emotions. :')
Tasss chapter 35 . 9/3/2014
I've almost finished reading this story, but I only just realised that this chapter here on FanFiction is incomplete. :( I did wonder where the special first kiss between Sakura and Syaoran was...

I must now read the rest of this chapter on the other website. I hope there isn't anything else I missed.
2,055 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »