Reviews for The New Trials of Card Captor Sakura and Friends
Guest chapter 116 . 11/15/2014
I'd just like to know when you will be able to finish this story. It's really great and has many wonderful twists and turns. Please update soon, thanks.
Chica de ipanema chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude but I just don't see what the big fuss about this story is. I also don't see the "epicness" in this. I found almost everyone here is out of character and I found it very hard to believe that this could be seen as a continuation to the anime or the manga. It's very comfusing with all the twists and turns :(
SavFFLover chapter 116 . 10/5/2014
WOW! I non stop read this for the last few months and it is sooooo amazing! Great continuation from the anime as I believe you showed great character development integrated in to the complex plot that still matched the original anime!
I believe me and many others would love for this to become an anime because it is sure to be a hit!
I love this story and your skills so much. Thank you for working on it diligently for the past 13 years! Can't wait to join you on this adventure for years to come 3
Tasss chapter 116 . 9/20/2014
I wipe away a (imaginary) tear as I write this review. This fic has been a wonderful journey! The story progresses beautifully from one chapter to the next. I know this fic was written over a period of about ten years or so. I can see how the writing style changes as the story progresses and I think that the natural transformation of the story as the writer ages is lovely. I can only imagine how reminiscent the writer must be when looking back over the earlier chapters.

I finished reading this fic over a week ago and was surprised to find that it wasn't complete. I was thinking the whole way through reading that the story had been ended and I would be reading the completed fic, but although I am dissapointed I have to wait to see what happens next, I am glad I can look forward to reading the next installment, which I hope will come soon.

I have to say that I am in awe of the story line that this story follows. It continues the original story of the anime so well and uses aspects of the original story in such a way that there is almost a seamless continuation of the anime. If CLAMP did choose to make a sequel to CCS they could easily use New Trials as their basis (wouldn't that be amazing!). I watched CCS (English dubbed) as a child, and only recently was CCS reintroduced to me, so I decided to rewatch the entire show. It in itself is a lovely story and I think New Trials picks up on that and carries it further to new heights.

What can I say about Sakura and Syaoran's relationship? It is a key theme and central focus through out the entire fic, around which the rest of the story revolves. I think that the gradual development of their relationship is sweet and the way they become better friends over time perhaps shows they were meant to be together. :) I do feel a little frustrated that only right at the end did they decide to be completely honest with each other and finally they were able to smooth out their problems, mostly from Syaoran's view, because he just couldn't seem to tell her the reasons for the things he would do (I know he had his reasons for secrecy and all, but come on!). There are some really poignant scenes of interaction between the two which I found captured emotions very well (I can't seem to recall which ones specifically but there are so many right from the beginning) and it was obvious everyone was cheering for the two (well mostly everyone). I'm glad is has worked out for them.

I really enjoyed many of the action scenes. There's always got to be some fighting and of course card capturing. :D They add a spark to the story and I can really imagine how it would work if this was an anime. At first I thought that it may be a little strange that there are all these random dark forces flying around, but then I realised that it sort of reflects the story of Pandora's box, where a lot of evil is dispersed into the world. Also, the story made sense in that the cards that Clow Reed made are just some of the powers out there, so new cards are possible to make. One of the additional cards I love is the Heal card. I think it is a great idea to have another card that is produced by Sakura herself, created because of her strong desire to help heal Syaoran, whom she loves.

Further into the story, I suppose at the end of arc 3 and into arc 4 the story does take a darker turn, as warned by the writer. The crescendo that the story reaches at the end of arc 3 evokes heart wrenching emotions. I think it's great to imagine Sakura as a powerful magician who is able to draw upon her powers to heal many people and seal the Plague using the magic of the Five Force treasures which have magical remnants of the powers of the Great Five magicians stored in them (wow, that's why I can say I love how elaborate this story is!). Another scene of the story (small though it may be) which I found to be captivating, whilst showing the darker side, is the part where Eron confronts Sakura alone and is physically agressive. He even tries to forcefully kiss her, but I like how he only ends up kissing her eye because she turns away. The tear that he tastes seems to symbolise the emotions in the scene. I think this is where the real darkness begins (and ups the rating). I don't like how she later ends up dating him, because I really would think that his aggression would surely scar her enough for her to be afraid of him and not trust him (surely it was traumatic for her?), but I do like how it ends up that he has fallen in love with her (he sees the light in her...).

The characters in New Trials are all so complex with deep back stories which is another aspect of this fic that I love. The original characters are developed well and their personalities are not changed, just built on, while the new characters add new dimensions to the story. I really like Mizuki Kai's character. He is a bit of a comic relief, but I like how he is not just there for laughs but has a deep back story and plays a large role in the fic. I have read Kaitou Magician Origins, as it has been written so far, and hope that this will be continued. There is just so much to say about the other characters too; Meilin, Tomoyo (her father comes into the picture!), Eriol, Miho, Erika, Touya, Sakura's grandfather, Li Ryuuren (Syaoran's father and Sakura's mother loved each other!), etc. Too much more to say!

Well anyway, I really love this fic. As arc 4 is supposedly the final arc it seems that the end of this fic is in sight. As they say all good things must come to an end. I have to add that this fic has actually taught me a bit about the Japanese language and culture, and I am interested in learning some more Japanese. I would also love to visit Japan one day. I finally understand why in the Karate Kid films Mr Miyagi calls Daniel "Daniel-san" (I was quite confused when I watched it as a kid).

What an awesome fic which is able to evoke many emotions. :')
Tasss chapter 35 . 9/3/2014
I've almost finished reading this story, but I only just realised that this chapter here on FanFiction is incomplete. :( I did wonder where the special first kiss between Sakura and Syaoran was...

I must now read the rest of this chapter on the other website. I hope there isn't anything else I missed.
XaoOfTheMists chapter 2 . 8/26/2014
I've began the colossal task of re-reading your story and I'll have to admit that these first few chapters are really rough. I recommend that whenever you can spare the time to go over and polish up these early chapters.
Kibou no Kizuna chapter 116 . 8/16/2014
No words can describe my respect and admiration for your imagination and writing skills! There were so many scenes in this chapter (and the previous one) that really created an amazing image and evoked a lot of emotions so it's hard to choose a favorite . But what I can definitely say is how much I appreciate the relationship you've created between Sakura and Syaoran. Their trust and respect is one of the many things I love about this fic! Good luck writing - I hope you won't get sick again. I'm looking forward to reading more D
I'm a Guest chapter 116 . 8/9/2014
This is the best fanfic I've ever read. I knew sakura won't die that easily. It's just that I've been caught off guard by her clone creation. Awesome. Oooohhh... The dragon scenes are truly amazing. Resevoir dimensions eh? Brings me back TRC memories. How syaoran kept on finding sakura is touching even though he almost forgotten her due to dimension conditions. I ever thought I'll be reading kara saving leiyun. Reading this fanfic made me messed up the original CCS n this NT. It just shows how awesome your fanfic is that I can't really decipher that original plot n characters. We'll be waiting patiently for you to update. Ganbatte! We'll give our full support!
Tasss chapter 3 . 7/19/2014
I just started reading this, but I felt like I had to comment on this chapter. I'm starting to love this story!

I also did speculate that Sakura's mother had magical abilities which is why both Sakura and Touya had powers. But the twist is that Sakura's mother and Li's father knew each other! I'm just wondering, if Li's father did visit Sakura's family and they were friends, then how is it Sakura's father didn't recognise Li's name. It may be because he hasn't met Li yet. At least I don't think he did in the show... I also just wonder how that fits in with the canon story where Sakura's mother and father meet, and Sakura's mother is friends with Tomoyo's mother. Maybe that all happens after Li's father leaves.

The part where Syaoran uses the Time card to freeze time when the balls attack doesn't follow canon, because after Sakura claimed all the Clow cards during the Final Judgement, he was left with none. I was also going to point out that Touya lost his magical abilities when he gave it all up for Yukito/Yue, so I would have been unsure as to whether he would sense the Mirror card that Sakura uses as a cover. But Sakura does say that he apparently gained all his powers back when Yue permanently became Yukito.

I had actually predicted that Syaoran would end up doing Sakura's maths homework for her, but I had forgotten about that, until I read the part where Syaoran remembers. I think it is so sweet how he ends up doing it after she falls asleep.

I am looking forward to continuing reading this fic...
CherryPinkStar chapter 116 . 6/27/2014
Squeal, squeal and squeal some more! This chapter was so so so so so so so amazing! Sakura's talk with Li Shulin-sama was almost like talking to an older Meilin. It changed how I feel about her because now we know that she didn't completely abandon Landon and Edward. Sakura and Ryuuren was depressing. Ryuuren's curiosity about Syaoran, his love for Nadeshiko, and his guilt towards Ielan made his early death all the more heart breaking. I am concerned about Syaoran's deal with the Fantasy though, since I am not sure whether that is all part of Limbo or there really was a deal. Sakura and Syaoran, after so much, can finally return. I am really looking forward to the next chapter where the crew sees Sakura after believing her to be dead for a week. I know I am not ready for the end, but I will support it to the end and beyond. This story really changed my life and will always be precious in my memory. Thank you, Wish-Chan! :D
CherryPinkStar chapter 115 . 6/27/2014
I never really thought this chapter would be harder to read than The Betrayal, but it was. Though the part where Sakura died was really depressing, it was even more heartbreaking to see the Alliance breaking apart without Sakura, to see the different heartbreaks within the group. I was really moved when even though Sakura disappeared right in front of them, they still didn't give up hope that she is alive. The scenes where Sakura and Syaoran are in the special observation deck was so cute and adorable. Thank you once again, Wish-Chan, for writing this amazing story. I will be so sad when this ends :(
Seirin chapter 116 . 6/22/2014
I knew it! I knew Sakura is alive! But your describtion of Shaoran's behaviour made me doubt it from time to time... When I read about Tomoyo's reaction... It was really heart-breaking to me... And how the rest of Alliance reacted... It was really touching.
What's more the way you let the flashbacks intertwine with the main plot raising the hope that sakura isn't dead after all... It was brilliant. And when Shaoran finally was able to see her... I had tears in my eyes. The talk of Ryuen and Sakura was also amazing as well as this whole chapter.
I love your story and your talent. I adore the way you keep this story alive through those years. You are my idol and you are one of writers from whom I learn how I should write my own stories. Thank you for your devotion and for keeping this wonderful world, you created so many years ago, alive.
Amethyst Beloved chapter 116 . 6/21/2014
Hi Wish-chan! You already received a lengthy review by e-mail, but I can never thank you enough for all of the energy that you've poured into New Trials over the last fifteen years. It's united a wonderful community all around the world and I feel honoured to be a part of it. While no one is quite ready for the conclusion, New Trials will always hold a special place in our hearts.

-Amethyst Beloved
StarlitFire chapter 116 . 6/19/2014
Such an amazing chapter. Made me cry! The scene with Sakura and Ryuuren was so perfect. This is story is such a rare find, and I am soo glad I found it a couple of years ago. Best of luck in continuing the next chapter and I hope to read it really soon!
LoveLittleWolf chapter 116 . 6/19/2014
I am so glad u still writing this story! I could not wait to see the next chapter! (Hopefully I won't wait too long)
2,060 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »