Reviews for Lover's Knot
Theresa chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
Very good! Please let there be more soon! One of the best "wishes" during Entropy yet. THIS would have been great as an episode itself. Please keep writing!
VorpalSward chapter 4 . 7/25/2014
Oh my goodness, if you ever feel the SLIGHTEST inclination to come back to this fic-please PLEASE act on it. I want to know how things play out so badly, and I'm loving every bit of your writing.
Iron Dragon Maiden chapter 4 . 4/7/2014
I know you mentioned that you might not finish this... but I love this fic. Finally Buffy realizes that she can't just treat Spike like a punching bag (which, if their gender roles were reversed, everyone in the fandom would be crying out for blood at this point) cum sex toy without him getting tired of it. I love that it was Spike who took the initiative and asked for his self-destructive love to be extinguished but that he was smart about it and wanted to keep his relationships with Dawn, Tara, Anya, and Clem.

If you do continue this fic, would you mind terribly if I make a request? Please don't "reward" Buffy for acting like any decent sentient being should act towards their significant other by having Spike fall in love with her. It's done and the best way to drive it home for her would be to lose him as a boyfriend indefinitely through her own actions. This way she will be forced to re-examine herself and critically look at her own actions and realize that she is not infallible and that she has to change not because it's the only way she can get Spike but rather for herself because she dislikes who she's become. Getting together with Spike after that would cheapen her own self-realization and his own hard won self-respect.

If Spike does get together with anyone, I would so love to see him start a genuine relationship with Faith. She has commitment issues up the wazzoo (abusive dead mom, dead first watcher, second and third watchers betrayed her, compared unfavorably to the more privileged Buffy...), but she is also going to be the first girlfriend Spike'll have who won't compare him to Angel. Sure, Angel saved her from herself and she'll always be grateful to him, but after being compared to Buffy and found lacking for not being born middle-class with a loving mother (therefore learning to value middle class American beliefs) and her inability to continue going to school in a dangerous neighborhood (therefore losing a place to make friends and connections), she would NOT compare her lover to anyone if she did love him. After all, she never once compared Robin Wood to anyone in-series. Meanwhile, her commitment issues stem from betrayal and neglect, if she were shown that loyalty and love were a sure thing, she would go for it. And Spike is unbelievably devoted to his loved ones, especially if they don't judge him by the lack of a soul or what he does to others. After all, the Mayor sold his soul and that didn't impede him from loving Faith to the point that he made contingency plans for her survival in case he died. I think this relationship might be healing and soothing for both of them on top of Faith gaining new friends who will stand by her (Anya, Tara, Clem, and Dawn, maybe even original characters who are demons or something).

Sorry just a suggestion!
CopperCatchfly chapter 4 . 8/19/2013
The characterisation! Oh god the characterisation! Damn this is good!
TA Salmalin chapter 4 . 6/9/2012
What a great premise...and what a great story! There are many things in this story that I desperately wish someone had said to Buffy before, and Spike is just so adorable when he's being the family-type. And I keep laughing every time Xander opens his mouth, which is a bit embarrassing since I'm watching a serious movie at the moment.
spike'smate chapter 4 . 4/8/2012
good story but i dont like spike that way
Miravisu chapter 4 . 1/11/2012
Teehee, don't know whether to laugh or cry for X, B and W. But mostly snicker, I suppose ;) Go Spike!
Make-War-Not-Love chapter 4 . 11/25/2011
Why hasn't this fantastic story been updated? Please continue this great fic. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
Terrible Tues chapter 4 . 6/26/2011
A good idea, and very well well written. There were plenty of insightful bits and lots of entertaining bits. One excerpt (from ch. 2) especially was poignant.

*******************************

Spike smirked. "I don't want to kill you, pet. You're beneath me."

And he faded into the shadows, leaving Buffy gasping against the railing.
azab chapter 4 . 6/17/2009
loved it update soon great job :
Sweetp000433 chapter 4 . 4/16/2009
It's not fair, this story is so great but it's dropped, I think I want to cry.
AngelicSnow chapter 2 . 10/27/2008
whoa, isnb't schlampe a bit hard to say to your sister?

i mean, dumme kuh or tussi would be okay but schlampe?

o_O
Hanyuchick chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
This is great! I finally found this story again! Please update soon! I love how Buffy's finally getting what she deserves and Spike is moving on and showing his good points! keep up the good work!
VickyVicarious chapter 4 . 3/26/2008
I LOVE this story! I really wish you'd continue it. I love the way Buffy is no longer able to walk all over Spike, and he's getting along with other people for once.

I'm just curious - did Halfrek make it so that Spike *doesn't know* he ever loved Buffy other than "under Angel's spell", or does he know the truth and is just pretending? I think it has to be the first, right?
darklover chapter 4 . 3/15/2008
This is such a great story. I think it'd be awesome if u ever decide to continue writing it.