Reviews for To Ourselves We Must be True
philip222 chapter 10 . 10/23/2013
I really enjoyed reading this. Nice job
Ian Bekker chapter 10 . 9/16/2011
I know it's been awhile since you've gotten a review for this story. It is very well-written, and the use of Latin was definitely a good idea. The use of Japanese names was a nice touch also.
Pieman chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Very well done. The Latin was a nice touch, and incorporating hymns and psalms was icing.

I disagree with the criticism of Japanese names. There is no reason why Space Marines are all white. The Mongolian-named primarch... Jag-whatever.. didn't sound white, right? And the SPace wolves use Viking names. Japanese-style names would work, IMO.
dynos chapter 10 . 6/29/2005
Hey, why are you not writing? Get your lazy ass and start typing now!

Who am I? don’t ask that, just start writing and type!

Hi, my name is dynos, and sorry for the blunt opening (it not me, is was the dark side /\_/\).

Your story “To Ourselves We Must be True” is good one, talking about space marine TRUE morality in hard time. I wonder that the Crimson Guardians can escape and tell the empire about the truth?

Well, I’m not good at reviewing, so just give us updates and we can enjoy your story.

Thanks for your story

Dynos
wordbearer chapter 10 . 6/9/2005
Nice. Wheels within wheels. Good wrap up and good luck on your next project.
SPECIALGUY chapter 10 . 3/8/2005
OK thank you for responding to my review and as you are correct I went back to the book but it would be crazy if you would get the crimson gaurdians to be informed that would kick ass
DieHeretic chapter 10 . 3/8/2005
This is a great story. Good work but I was wondering if you made up the Crimson Guardians because I haven't been able to find anything on them. If you did then good job they act like what the Emperor wanted of the Adeptus Astartes.
grayangle chapter 10 . 3/8/2005
When you said this is the last chapter I almost hated you for ending it. There has to be a part two you left WAY too many loose ends. I do like this ending. (on hands and knees)PLEASE for the love of the God Emperor make a part TWO.
liljimmyurine chapter 10 . 3/7/2005
I like this ending, for the most part. Where's this story going to go? will there be a sequel? If there is, I suggest that you involve a Cursed Founding chapter into the mix. If you need any info on the Cursed Founding, let me know.
SPECIALGUY chapter 7 . 3/5/2005
ok in chappie 7 u said that luthor was the traitor but in the book it was Lion el who traitored (read angels of Darkness) Astelan claims that the Lion waited to see the victor of the heresy ok tale of Astelan part not Borealis but overall good story
SPECIALGUY chapter 5 . 3/5/2005
ok one thing bothering me are the crimson guardians a real chappie? i know of the space lunar wolves dark angels blood angels raven guard deathwing sons of horus thousand suns

but crimson gaurdians
SPECIALGUY chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
good finally someone who knows what they are talking about i tell people its latin mwahaha look it up there are few letter alternations if any
liljimmyurine chapter 9 . 2/27/2005
This is getting pretty good, and who is this new player, the saviour of the Fallen? I can't wait to see where this is going
liljimmyurine chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
definitely continue this story; I see it going places. Where are you taking it? And yes, High Gothic is analogous to Latin, whereas Low Gothic is similar to English. Keep the chapters coming
guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
good fic. very good. The latin was a nice touch. Although, I have to say, the japanese names do NOT fit.