Reviews for In The House of the Quick and the Hungry
Silvers45 chapter 1 . 2/4
Oooh! What a gem this is. Very good start, will be reading this.
So I know this is, in all probability, not going to get read by the author, as this is being posted 10 years after completion, but I just wanted to say that this was beautiful. Really, and truly. I am a Harry Potter fan since the 3rd grade (am now 15), and one thing I have always wished is for more about Ginny. You vaguely know she is a force to be reckoned with, and has unique and special relationships with her brother; but really, who is this mysterious girl Harry marries? We know nothing about her, and see none of her true opinions, as you do with a few of the other characters. This story brought alive that dream for me, it was heartwarming, funny, sad, and it wouldn't be a stretch of the truth to say that at the end, my heart felt as though it was broken and whole at once; my eyes were swimming with tears but I was smiling, and Ron would rightfully shocked I could feel so much at once. A story that can make you feel that is a treasure, in my eyes. The opinions, the details, the accuracy, the intimacy, but the objectiveness; this is truly a work of art. I read your other story, featuring Sirius and Ginny,(can't remember the name ;) and I also found that story extraordinary beautiful. You have a true gift, and I hope you expand it and allow it to flourish, your works are a gift to the world.
Much Love and Best Wishes,
Anonymous
MagicalSocks chapter 13 . 1/6
I really like how you're writing all of this! I had to review because I really love your Ron; he's hilarious and very insightful all at once :)
The Fantasy Spinner chapter 17 . 12/21/2012
Awesome. Yeah. Fragments are fun.
You rock. Keep writing. Good story.
Ginny is nice. Harry is okay.
Yay. Fragments.
Brain. Ten Thirty. No sleep. What is happening.
Jolinnn chapter 17 . 6/11/2012
What an incredible great story! It really amazes me how well you figured out all these little characteristics and complete personalities. This story is well written and incredible sweet and touching.

Thank you for all your effort you put in this story,

Jolinnn
Thank you dearly chapter 17 . 4/29/2012
You're a very talented writer. It's a wonder you waste your time borrowing other people's characters. Write your own novel! You certainly inspired me to pick up a pen and get writing myself. I've laughed, I've cried, I've been thoroughly confused, abashed and annoyed while reading this story, and all in the good way. You were really controlling my emotions! When Percy died... I bawled my eyes out. And then almost at every mention of him hence forth, I would break down again.

You paint them all up to be so REAL. Like, how Ginny never found it in herself to hate Percy because he used to braid her hair, or how George ends up alone, but not alone, or how Charlie is thirty and growing tired of his own games. I also loved how in the end, Ginny got what she'd always wanted, but not completely understood she wanted, from Bill. I loved that her favorite brother was Ron. (On a side note, I love Ron, and really wished he was in the story a little more, but that's just nit-picky, pretend I never even wrote it). I loved the portrayal of Ginny as a child, grappling with Tomcat and I loved the shades of Molly which you slowly explained through Ginny's perception throughout the story.

Basically, I loved all of it, and read it straight through. Thank you for providing me with such a heartfelt and just plain good read.
kit7714 chapter 13 . 1/23/2012
Loved this one! Pure awesomeness :)
kit7714 chapter 9 . 1/23/2012
Hey! I think you're really good at this different PoVs thing. I imagine it can't be easy at all to write basically the same thing twice, just from a different perspective, and still make it interesting the second time around - but you just CAN. I really enjoy the contrast between how Ginny sees her history with her brothers and how they do... Great writing! :)
kit7714 chapter 7 . 1/22/2012
Phew, that was an angry chapter. The part with the ticking of the clock, in Ginny's dormitory, was really really creepy - well done. And I quite enjoy how you make all kind of inanimate objects sentient - the pullover, the necklace, the quill... it's quite sweet :)
kit7714 chapter 6 . 1/22/2012
Hey! Just read my way through all the chapters on Ginny's brothers, and now I'm really curious how the story goes on. I'm truly enjoying reading this - you have interesting insights and ideas, Ginny seems truly Ginny, and your writing is really good... So I'm hooked :)
j chapter 17 . 11/5/2011
i've stumbled upon this literally years too late; but it's 6 in the morning where i am here right now and i literally just read all 17 chapters of your fic in a shot. this is beautifully written - i was crying or sobbing or laughing throughout, and i really appreciate the thought that has gone into each character. thank you very much for having written this!
blissedoutvixen chapter 3 . 8/9/2011
That was sad, but I adored it. I adore this story. It's very good, even though it's super old.
the word crafter chapter 14 . 8/5/2011

I LOVED THIS STORY

I LOVE GINNY (NOW)

I LOVE THE WEASLEYS

I LOVE RON

I LOVE AWESOME WRITING (OF WHICH THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE)

ADSKLHFSLK

like i said before, i was so envious of your writing style.

if only i could write like that s:/
ThePotterGeek chapter 2 . 7/24/2011
Hey! I just reread this story, and I have to say, I'm just as impressed as I was when I read it the first time. The way you went beyond the books and created so much of everyone's characters... This is what fanfiction is all about.

I just have one question... You seem to have ignored the seventh book. Was that only because you started writing this before it came out, or for some other reason? But it doesn't make a difference to me. I love this story just the way it is.

-ThePotterGeek
TheSingingGirl chapter 17 . 7/9/2011
Okay, proper review!

I loved looking at Ginny from her brothers' perspectives, and I equally loved looking at them from her perspective, as it told us a great deal about her. I thought you created a very well-rounded character there, with flaws and imperfections as well as all the traits that we love about her as well.

One piece of constructive criticism: I would put the boys' names at the top of each chapter, just to tell us whose perspective we're reading. It always becomes clear within a few paragraphs, but occasionally working it out or trying to remember their respective ages distracted me from your writing, and we wouldn't want that to happen!

TSG