Reviews for Only a Violet from My Mother's Grave
cjnwriter chapter 23 . 7/8/2014
This was a very interesting story. I enjoyed your descriptive style, and I got into the story almost immidiately and couldn't stop reading it. The characters I enjoyed as well. They were all very believable and relatable, and I was able to get a feel for who they were and what they were like after only knowing them for a paragraph or two, which was awesome, because not very many authors can do that so well. I especially found Holmes's character interesting. He was so believable, and just an incredibly good teen Holmes. (Well, he's technically 20, but still, exellent!)

Now, the only things I could have to complain about would be the fact that you only ever refer to Sherlock using pronouns or other descriptors. Yes, I understand why you did that, and it made for an interesting effect, but it could get a little confusing in any scene where there was another male character present. And also the spot where you used ''hung'' where you meant ''hanged''. I try not to be too picky with gramatical things, but that one is a pet peeve of mine. *Cringes*

The ending was good, but I think it would have had more of a feel of an ending if you had done a little something after this chapter, like even a few lines where you go back to Watson looking back at this stuff, or just something to make it come full circle, if that makes sense. That's totally just my opinion, though.

Really, this was a very good story. It's hard to convincingly make Holmes fall in love, and I have a lot of respect for you as a writer for pulling that off. I in no way mean to put you down with anything I said in this review.

Thank you for sharing this story. :)
tripleransom chapter 23 . 2/25/2014
A nice story, well told. Although if you hadn't said at the beginning, I would never had known the hero was Sherlock Holmes. He doesn't really seem much in character.
It reads a bit more like a Harlequin Romance than anything else and there are so many anachronisms that they kept yanking me right out of the tale. Also, it doesn't really end, it just stops. I gather that you followed it up with another part. Hopefully, that one will be interesting too.
Fan chapter 23 . 2/27/2013
Loved it, loved it, loved it! Please UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!
garnet86 chapter 23 . 12/25/2011
I'm so glad you've updated this story again -I already read it once on some other page where it has been completed and think it's an amazing story! Very full of images and details. The ending is sad, though, but I guess that couldn't be avoided. Very well written and enchanting to read. Thank you for updating this lovely fic!
Scuttlebug chapter 22 . 6/29/2011
I believe I read this years ago when it was up here in it's entirety, before you published it. I thoroughly enjoyed it then and have done so again - I love the quality of your writing and the strong, wistful sort of imagery that you provoke. In some ways I'm glad you don't have the full ending up, as I remember something very sad, and I am a sucker for happy endings (now at least I can pretend, lol). Anyway, lovely story, I'm glad I felt like rereading it. Thanks! :)
Eccentric Dreamer chapter 2 . 4/22/2011
Poor Sherlock. Well done, I like how you give no names but those who know the characters know exactly of whom you speak of.
Guest chapter 22 . 2/26/2011
gah... I'm reviewing the last of it though I didn't read but a few chapters, and I was utterly bored... okay I realize you are writing in a victorian era world but I have always found ridiculous things such as a very decent lady relating her own story and yet describing wether the guy was in shirtsleeves and his neck showing, more so when I know it was not intentional that the girl was showing she was sexual you know, I mean you intended an innuendo but not as part of the character as much as for the story... Anyway I hope I have been understood, I also think its boring because it is making a copy of all victorian era writings and of before, instead of taking on the victiorian era with your own originality... yeah
grossasstoenails chapter 22 . 2/21/2011
Is that the end of the story? OMG IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD! I LOVE UR WRITING!
sonofafluffymuffin chapter 21 . 1/29/2011
I can't believe how much I love your story...! I'm so sad it hasn't bee updated in so long too . hahaha But I got my sis to agree during Christmas that she'd buy your book for me for my bday :D So the wait that I didn't expect has me wanting it even more now(x Do you think you could send me the link or whatever? I mean...is it in any stores, or should I buy it online...? lol
Egofreak chapter 19 . 11/14/2010
LOVE IT.

Can't wait till the next chapter!
Fiorella 2 chapter 19 . 10/24/2010
Angsty, with some tender moments.
sonofafluffymuffin chapter 19 . 10/22/2010
wow. just...wow...I want this book *Q* I wanna own a beautiful copy of all of this, so I can pick it up and read it as I please, and know that there's a definite ENDING to it all... I DIDNMT MEAN THAT IN A BAD WAY ! O.O lol not at all! I just mean, every scene I'm anticipating the story line more and more, and it has me enraptured, and then I get to the last chapter, like this, and I'm just like U.U awwwww no mooooreeee
WolfyMcClowd chapter 18 . 5/17/2010
Please continue...this is very interesting
Fiorella 2 chapter 17 . 3/25/2010
A sweet chapter, however I wonder why Mary never calls Sherlock for his name.
Kay Griffen chapter 16 . 2/26/2010
Its got the pizazz missing in the earlier chapter . . . :) Wow. I like it, much better. Its not a usual way of looking at him, as more of a man than a machine, but i like it. You write well. Wouldnt a 20 year old, though, be at an university?

Your writing is very good. Keep going!