Reviews for Purpose of the Game
knguy2 chapter 3 . 6/6/2009
*anime vein pops*

Don't you dare discontinue this! This is actually one of the few fics I read in the Hikago section! I love this!

Oh, have Hikaru invited friends in go salons as well? Like Kawai? Did Akari invited Kaneko, Sayaka, Mitani, Kaga, and Tsutsui as well? Of couse, Hikaru will invite Waya, Isumi, Nase, Fuku. Hey,is Hikaru will invite his teacher from his old go class, Shikimaru or something like that? Sai must be very happy for Hikaru... If I was on Sai's place watching over Hikaru in the heavens, I will be terribly happy for Hikaru, finally found someone to spend his whole life with...

I am very curious... Anyway, will you upload a chapter of the wedding?
Lady Lark chapter 3 . 1/17/2008
Interesting story. I liked the bit with Akari and Hikaru discussing the actualy purpose of the game. The third chapter feels a bit incomplete to me, as if something were missing. I actually think your second chapter is a stronger ending. However, all in all this is a good little fic. Thank you for sharing.
whee chapter 3 . 12/26/2007
please continue! the best akari/hikaru fanfiction i kno here! ;]
Melon-Cauli chapter 3 . 10/7/2007
WOOW I can't wait

til' U update

mrsmiserable chapter 2 . 7/8/2007
I like this chapter about Hikaru and Akari... profound.
Moofie Lou chapter 3 . 5/13/2006
please updtae soon! please! this is so cool!
kickkid3 chapter 3 . 7/31/2005
The story isn't already over is it? Don't tell me it is. Please write more, like who Akira takes to the wedding. Good story.

White Ookami chapter 3 . 7/7/2005
Oho! My first ever review for a Hikaru no Go fic!

I'm very glad I found this. There aren't too many Hikaru/Akari fics out there, but I've really taken a great liking to it. You did a great job here with the characters, and you put a lot of depth and description into the words and actions made. You kept everybody in-character the whole time, and you really caught the relationships between everyone. Very impressive!

As for the recent chapter, I think you pretty much summed up what I though of the whole Hikaru/Akira deal. P They're rivals and rivals only, not secret concubines who have trysts in the moonlight and use their battles to "express their hidden love". It just doesn't WORK like that. I wish more people could see the difference between admiration/rivalry and romance, you know? There's a fine line between them.

Anyhow - I definitely look forward to reading your next chapter. Keep it up!

Marlex chapter 3 . 12/27/2004
Interesting story. I agree with you that there's not enought Hikaru/Akari paring stories out there. This is sweet and thoughtful (the combination of which is hard to find done well). Hikaru's conversation with Akira was funny for what it implied about the fandom.
Little Minamino chapter 3 . 11/28/2004
Cool.I would say more but it's late and I'm rather lathargic...
Kintora chapter 3 . 9/18/2004
Gack!Why'd you stop there! And I hope Akira and Hikaru will turn out to be good friends! Ciao till next time!
Firedude328 chapter 3 . 9/17/2004
yay Akari X Hikaru...
anime-obsession260 chapter 3 . 7/31/2004
update update update!
Lucathia Rykatu chapter 3 . 7/27/2004
Wow...Hikaru getting married. :) With Akari! I'm glad that Akari's being recognized in your fic...she seems to have been pushed aside in the actual series. And you portrayed her just as I imagine her. :3 I like how Hikaru changed as well...finally growing up!

Akira's reaction to Hikaru's getting married is very...well...sort of rash. I hope he doesn't regret it...but then, looking at his parents' marriage, it might work out for the better!

I hope both Hikaru and Akira have a happy and bright future w/ a caring family and their entire go career in front of them!

Great fic! XD
Catwho chapter 3 . 7/27/2004
*can't resist* Take THAT, yaoi fangirls!

*hi-fives you*

Great reflection of their characters. I like the idea of Akari being a history major as well :)