Reviews for Born for Adversity
Fletty chapter 6 . 4/17/2011
How horrible... how shocking... how sad... how tragic...

how emotional...

This story was extremely well-written, almost with gut-wrenchingly too much detail. The mysterious thing however, is how I didn't cry until after Virgil was saved, and home in bed. (And I must admit, this is the first 'birds story to have made me cry...)

I loved how you enlightened us with how they aren't perfect, as individuals. The story with Scott's baby, for example. Virgil's thoughts on his faults had me intrigued, and I was hoping we would also get to see some of them, to see him from a new perspective as well.

Then to see how the family has broken up at the end was heart-wrenching. And yet probably actually very honest, should these characters have be real.. Where was John in during these end scenes? Hopefully not still up on Five...

I'm surprised with how this was written, and especially with how the story ended, but it suited it really well...even though it was sadly.

Although, I really do hope your other stories are more... endearingly light, as this story was so heavily dark (towards the end, anyway) that it really should come with it's own warning!

In the end though, and on a lighter note, well done; it's a really good piece of writing. Though I hope to go find something a bit more cheerful to read now, to brighten me up again, as I think I could do with a really light fic...any recommendations? :-)
harry chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Thunderbirds 2 :The revenge of the fallen enemy

cheak out the first chapter its my friends she loves your story x
Random Reviewer chapter 6 . 1/17/2009
*applauds*

That was the most well written character death story I've ever read in ANY fandom, if not one of the best stories ever!

I'm so glad that you were brave enough to kill off Scott - I've read many fics where it was 'only-a-dream', but your story was masterfully handled.

I think my favourite part was Scott's dying moments - his last concious thoughts and his memory of the tree weaving together until you can't tell which is which...it's SO beautiful, yet INCREDIBLY heartbreaking! I was trying so hard not to cry!

All in all, AMAZING story, and I hope you continue to write for Thunderbirds - you do them very well!
RocketFAN chapter 6 . 6/30/2007
I absolutly LOVE this story. Something about it is extreamly captivating. I read it and it stuck in my head for days! I would be at work thinking about it and trying to concentrate on what I was doing and just not be able to! It is magical and I adore it. Good show... now I need a tissue, excuse me...
Ambernine chapter 6 . 6/29/2007
My goodness, that took a lot out of me. I am emotionally spent! I was so hoping help would get there in time. I stayed up way too late crying my eyes out.

The only criticism I have is that it seemed to me that the story isn't finished. There needs to be just one more chapter or possibly a sequel story. I just felt like I was left hanging at the end.

I love your work. Please write MORE
Dragonmaster Kurai chapter 6 . 11/22/2006
Its a shattering stark media reality... good story!

cya

DK
Marblez chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
i've reviewed the last chapter ages ago but I have to write another as I'm wondering...is this it? You're going to leave it like this? You can't! Itstoo good to be lef tlike this! Virgil needs to recover, Jeff needs to forgive...please update. please.
SivanShemesh chapter 6 . 2/21/2006
More please.

Poor Virgil. Would he tell his family what Scott done? (the other side of Scott).

Thank you for writing Scott's angst, but why on earth you kill him? LOL!

Keep up the great work that you are doing with your fic, and please try to update asap, please?

Sivan Shemesh
annoynomous chapter 6 . 1/30/2006
Okay,dont get me wrong,this is an absolutely wonderful story. But the end kind of made me mad. I honestly dont think that the death of a family member,especially Scott, would turn the rest of them so brutally against each other like that. You know? Especially Gordon and Alan. If I had to reconstruct the ending, I would make it so the rest of the family grew closer and comforted each other,especially Virgil, instead of snapping at each other and being angry. And I know everyone deals with greif in their own way, but I dont think that the Tracy's would turn on each other, I really dont. But this is an amazing story and I really do like it. You are very tallented.
Lizzy chapter 6 . 8/31/2005
Bravo! That was one of the greatest stories I have ever read in my life. So well written and believable. The emotion and the reactions were described so understand the characters so well. Well done
kar-chan chapter 6 . 8/29/2005
Christ, that ending was !
Aqua Mage chapter 6 . 8/22/2005
One of the saddest stories ever! How could you kill Scott. Very good though, well written.
Kath chapter 6 . 12/21/2004
I was browsing looking for Vampire Chronicles stories and found this site then the word Thunderbirds leapt out at me. In my teens, eons ago, my friend and I idled hours away writing such stories but none anywhere near as wonderful and full of angst as made me cry! It is marvellous that writers such as you can take those characters and make them come to life as real people. Thank you for building up such a thorough background to this story. I always thought there was something special implied between Scott and Virgil as forward to reading more of your work.
Marblez chapter 6 . 11/24/2004
when are you gonna update this, it's so good. what about John's reaction though, he's all alone on the station and he has to deal with it alone. oh and poor virgil!
C.Bell chapter 6 . 10/21/2004
I meant to review this last night after reading it but I was too tired. An excellent story. It is SO nice to even find a Thunderbirds fanfic that doens't invole those annoying Mary-Sue type characters of a long lost sister, an old girlfriend or some chick they rescue and fall in love with. Too many of those type of stories flood this place so this is a really refreshing change, exactly the sort of thing I needed to find.

As for the story itself, you blew me away. The writing flowed beautifully and the story was so touching and heartbreaking. Scott and Virgil have always been my favourites so it was hard to get through this and it did make me cry. I felt quite emotionally drained when I finsihed this fic and that doesn't happen very often. Personally I loved the angsty touch you added and the idea of Scott and his aborted baby doesn't seem too unbelieveable or outrageous to me. Well done for such a great job with this fic, thanks for giving me something good to read. :)