Reviews for A Fox and a Shark Walk into a Bar
Kagaya Chou chapter 30 . 6/19/2007
Kya You're alive! I'm gonna have to reread all 29 previous chapters to refresh my memory before reading this chapter *sweatbead* Do you still want me to beta? I wasn't sure if you uh, lost interest actually, so I'm glad to see an update. Talk to you later when I manage to finish this last chapter, or if you find me, whichever comes first *hugs*
Mitchi Takahashi chapter 30 . 6/19/2007
NExt Chapter! next Chapter! Next Chapter! (chant goes on) well, I must say that I absoultly love this story for only having stumbled upon it a week or two ago... I couldn't stop reading it as well. I love the plot line so much! NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE!
Kyoui-chan chapter 30 . 6/15/2007
OMG.

So, I was rereading the entire thing in order to understand the update (it had been a while). What I hadn't realized was how much of 'a while' it had been. Last time I read this, I don't think I even really knew who Tsunade was. I had no way to tell your world from the canon. In several instances, I think for a while I was convinced that your version was canon (for instance, I have a bad tendency to roleplay Leader-san with skewed personalities).

Wow. I got so much more out of it this time, now that I know all the canon and can distinguish properly between your world and it. And I must say, the intrigue and the sheer political brilliance of your world astounds me. I love it. It's complicated without being unfathomable.

I'm crying inside about the rift between Gaara and Naruto. If there's one thing I can't wait for more of this story because of, it's for that to be fixed. *dies about it*

The relationship and interactions between Sasuke and Sakon- priceless. This in particular is only being mentioned because they're the ones talking right now. Really, all of your interactive scenes are amazing and realistically done. I am in awe.

I admire all the little details and extended scenes that you do without boring me. I've found that less well-done long chapters tend to make me lose interest, but I've never once lost interest with this fic.

There are probably so many other things that I could address (Emotional involvement even on the reread is one impressive thing) but at the moment... I am screwed on review time. I absolutely loved this story. Even the long wait for the update was completely worth it.

Love,

Kyoui
Alarnia chapter 30 . 6/15/2007
nya, I love this story! but ,I admit' I skipped over everything that didn't involve itachi or naruto. (or just their group) Please write soon, and about naruto and gaara! I worry about them.
TWISTED.ANALOGY chapter 30 . 6/15/2007
oo. isit sasusakon? yayes ! and damn . . . naruto's givin' gaara e cold shoulder ehhs ?

saa, update soon, ne?
nautikitti chapter 30 . 6/14/2007
coolies
TailFear chapter 30 . 6/11/2007
I love this story and am so glad to see that you have updated.

You give life to the "enemy" in a way that not many other authors do. Here they are complex, dynamic characters who aren't relegated to the single motive they are shown to have in the manga. You write well and are especially great at the method of "show, don't tell" that seems to trip up so many authors. You also have a grasp on politics that seems to go over most heads as well, making the interaction between so many characters and parties seem realistic for the Naruto universe.

This is such a dynamic and well-written story. It would be a shame to see it let go.
sideshowtom chapter 30 . 6/9/2007
a good chapter to say the least and, of course, very appreciated by we readers

I'm sure anything else I could say has already been said by my fellow fans so again, a humble thank you is all I can offer
0K0 chapter 30 . 6/9/2007
great chapter i kinda forgot some stuff but thats ok
Master Sanosa chapter 30 . 6/8/2007
Very nice chapter for being unbeta-ed. Its very difficult to read this and keep in the frame of mind that this wasn't all happening at once. Its pretty disorganized really. Its difficult to explain how its usually set up in words, but I'll do the best I can.

Instead of writing about a random assortment of events taking place at such random times, you should try and think 'organized by time'. Like you shouldn't write about something that happened at day 1, then write about something that happens 14 days later, then go back to the first thing you wrote about on day 2. It just doesn't make any sense. Instead, you should write about whats happening on day 1,2,3, and so on, and just detail what happens in those periods of time. Like, write about what happened in 3 different locations on day 1, but if in one location nothing happens just don't write about it at all.

I'm sorry if thats overly complicated or doesn't make any sense at all, I've never been good at explaining things n_n". Also, I'm all sorts of psyched out to see what happens with Naruto and Gaara next (my 2 fave characters), and I cant wait to see what happens in Akatsuki and what the leader does with Gin XD8.

Please, if you have writers block you can email me or IM me if I'm on to talk about the story. And in the off chance that your Beta has abandoned you, I'll beta for you. I wanna see where your story is going so badly! Maybe Im just a freak to latch onto a story like I have, but I dont wanna see this end! I
apathetica chapter 30 . 6/8/2007
No... Naruto! Don't hate Gaara!

So, If i may make a suggestion... could you post your re-write as a seperate story instead of overwriting the chapters that exist already? Because if it's going to be significantly changed, and much of the humor (which was the main initial attraction for the story) displaced, then maybe it should be a totally different story?

It's just, the first few chapters are really funny, and the later chapters really don't have any relation to the title anymore do they?

Also- um... I like this story, and while the begining naruto's human eating, demonic ways are unlike the cannon- I mean.. that's ok! It's ok for you to depict him as ... well, evil. Evil is a totaly understandable and more human reaction for one who has only known evil (a ninja society where everyone hates you for having a demon in you, kinda thing.)

So, umm, please don't erase the evil naruto from the first few chapters...

And great story!
yellulhchicken chapter 30 . 6/8/2007
nah. it wasn't bad at all. could have been better I admit. but saying that this chappie is bad is not an overstatement but but an error in jugement.

I do admit though that I thought that this story line was dead. good to see that it is still alive.
AznPuffyHair chapter 30 . 6/7/2007
So the leader of Akatsuki is really, for the need to be polite, rather fake... Maybe she's only opens up to Naruto or it's also a part of her mask, but being nice to naruto but treating the other members rather indifferently is a big contrast

Anyway, good job. I'm a little confused as to what is happening in sound... but i'll figure it out somehow

UPDATE SOON!.
dreamlifter chapter 30 . 6/7/2007
you say it was crap, but i say it was a great read. love how all the different things you're doing with the characters...even giving kokuzu an awesome backstory. looking forward to the next update
Barranca chapter 30 . 6/7/2007
Heh, did Orochimaru dismiss Sakon from under Sasuke earlier just to see Sasuke's reaction? Well, he certainly got one :P

I hope Naruto will come to accept Gaara's reasons.
933 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »