Reviews for A Fox and a Shark Walk into a Bar
Guest chapter 27 . 8/23/2013
Reika is such a genius! Her plan to create high quality spy movies by pitting the villages and Akatsuki against each other was pure gold! And the magic crystal ball to watch it all go down? Priceless. My God, if the woman ever went into the comedy business I'd pay a million for five minutes of watching one of her masterpieces solely dedicated to slapstick. This is such a great idea that if ai ever find myself in the Narutoverse, I'm going to do it too! Except maybe I'll leave Naruto in Konoha, because he's got so many opportunities for chaos there.
Aldura Rising chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Reminiscing and remembering some great moments from my formative years, I remembered stumbling across this story back in 2006. I was only 13 at the time. I spent most of my computer hours on various Naruto RP forums making character after character that I would never really use.

This story kindled my love of well-written fanfiction and thoughtful AU. Before this story, I'd only ever read dull-minded shit fics. Because of your writing, I began to understand the importance of character arcs, clever dialogue and meaningful interaction. Not just in fanfiction, but in original fiction as well. This story is to me what something like Catch-22 or Lord of the Rings is to other aspiring writers: the catalyst, the reason I write, the lofty goal against which I measure all my stories. And yeah, looking back on it, this is rough. It's a bit clunky, it's description heavy, it's full of exposition and telling rather than showing. Yet, it has a magic to it that I could ascribe purely to nostalgia, but it is almost definitely something more. A purity of form, a sincerity of delivery, that I haven't found in half the professionally-published fiction I've read. The characters, though founded in the framework built by Masashi Kishimoto in his story, are creatures of their own environment, and unique environment YOU created. It's a marvelous piece of my personal fanfiction-reading history, and I think an important piece of Naruto fanfiction in general.

It's understandable if you've moved on with your life. Everybody has to at some point, I suppose. From reading your old author's notes and Livejournal entries it's obvious you poured so much time into this work you are perfectly within your rights to be disgusted at the mere sight of it. Hell, it's probable that you've simply quit this corner of the Internet completely, or perhaps just up and died and left a short, obscure legacy of creative story writing to sit here until the site purges it or the servers decay with the rest of man's achievements. Nobody would hate you for it, and if they did they would not be worth the emotional energy.

Please just know, Gigabomb, from the bottom of my hear, that I thank you for this story and the time and energy and thought you poured into it, whether you ever touch it again or not. I hope you read this, if only because I want you to know that you changed at least one anonymous stranger's life for the better.
Warrior of Aces chapter 29 . 2/25/2013
Naruto is so emotionally stupid sometimes!
Athena's phoenix chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
"Gai's wedding. To Anko, of all people." "Everyone dreaded the day the two of them decided to have kids."
I just about died. LOL.
Beautiful. That whole conversation was just beautiful... XD
Overall you've got a pretty hilarious story here.
Snickners16 chapter 30 . 12/28/2012
Oh I really wanna read more! Please update soon! :) awesome story!
JuiceBoxPenguin chapter 30 . 11/26/2012
Really hope to have an update someday. I really really like this story! :)
The Silverdark Knight chapter 30 . 9/21/2012
Hope to see an update someday...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Kisame likes sushi... oh the irony!
Raziel Daemon chapter 30 . 5/23/2012
I came to this story expecting a crack fic and I was surprised, but in no way disappointed. This is by far the best work of Naruto fiction, that deviated so far from Canon, that i have ever seen. Every character becomes a real person, without being OOC and none of the characters fall into cliché renditions that are so common throughout fanfiction. I have only seen Anko and Gai as a crack pairing and here i see it pulled off convincingly. The plot is engaging and completely original, no one is perfect or all-powerful, and the interactions between characters seem real, like this is merely a recording of the people interacting rather than a work of fiction. A true masterwork, and hope that is resumes.
EagleTsubasa chapter 30 . 1/30/2012
Can't wait for the next one.
LuckyTurtle chapter 30 . 10/27/2011
I just LOVE this! Your writing is absolutely AMAZING. Not to mention I love all the complicated relationships that are described with all that detail, it's absolutely brilliant :) I especially like all the little kind-of-side stories you have going on in here (like all the different POVs and funny little shots that still connect into the initial story).

I just really, REALLY hope Gaara and Naruto make up soon (if they ever do...?)!
EagleTsubasa chapter 19 . 7/26/2011
They like Kisame more because they feel sorry for him, thus resulting in comments saying "poor Kisame" or "I just wanna hug him". It's rather simple when you think about it, really.
EagleTsubasa chapter 15 . 6/14/2011
HAHAHAHA! THEY HAVE EBAY!
EagleTsubasa chapter 9 . 5/27/2011
Aoi... Yaoi without a 'y'...
EagleTsubasa chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
HAHAHAHA! LOLZ! THIS IS EPIC!
939 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »