Reviews for A Fox and a Shark Walk into a Bar
catchstraw chapter 4 . 10/12/2004
haha! good chapter! I'm glad you updated so quickly, and I like the weekly updating schedual. I can deal with that; I have patience. It was very funny with Reiko. I like her. And Kisame is cool. I like your ...descripitions (not the word I'm going for) of him. Very funny. Keep up the good work- I'll look forward to this next week!
Anon Entity chapter 4 . 10/12/2004
Well, fourth chapter is even better than the third! Please continue, anxiously awaiting seeing how Leaf reacts.
A Reviewer chapter 4 . 10/11/2004
Worst. Title. Ever. But then, I suppose that's what made it worth checking out in the first place. And boy what a find.

Well, let's see. First is spelling and grammar, I'm not seeing anything really bad here, so good work and keep it up.

Next is paragraph length and formatting. Also very well done. More kudos.

Now, as for chapter length, the points you end them at are good, but the chapters tend to fly by a little bit too fast. Adding another page or ten wouldn't hurt in my ne'er to be humble opinion.

If you really do manage an update a week that'd be good, but I'd seriously like to see more, at least until we get a better idea of where you're going with the story and what the Atatsuki's up to.

According to some other translations I've read/seen, I think Akatsuki means 'Sunrise', but I've been know to fabricate such things in my mind without realizing it. Nevertheless, it is something you may want to look into.

Making the leader of the Akatsuki be some kind of manipulative motherly/grandmotherly type... well, that was a stroke of pure genius I don't think many people would have come up with. More kudos for ya. Characterization is also seemingly pretty good. And the dichotomy of Naruto, Kisame, Gaara and Itachi is... very 'XD' in a good way. So job well done again.

That’s pretty much all I have to say at this point in time. Just don't screw up Naruto's return to the village, as many fics have, and you've got a winner on your hands worth ranking with some of the other really good fics that show up now and again. Good job, and I'm /very/ eagerly awaiting chapter 5, as well as 6, 7 and 8 at the length/pace you're going. .;;

Licht Sieger chapter 4 . 10/11/2004
I wish the Akatsuki turned out to actually be this way in the Manga. ;

Glad to see they finally arrived.
Melrose Stormhaven chapter 4 . 10/11/2004
yes! You updated! This is wonderful. The bit about Itachi on Reiko was cool. Heh.
catchstraw chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
oo... this is pretty good. I like how its funny in someplaces, and then serious in others. Nice mix; well done. please update soon!
Melrose Stormhaven chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
nice! More, I hope. Itachi's scary. So what happened to the Kyuubi? Is he still in Naruto or something?
A random student chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
"No wonder they were partners, besides both being demon-possessed and short." You have a good sense of humor. I also think you kept Gaara in character very well. I like how Gaara tried to help Naruto, not in a talkative, affectionate way, but in a less direct and somewhat stoic way.
Piper Julian chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
Eternal Annoyance chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
cool fic! hope u update soon!
jaygoose chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
Ah, I think I have a better grasp this time. I still like it even though I am not as familiar as I'd like to be. I feel the same way when I read the manga. Little bits and pieces that are so good that they stand up on their own. Just like this.
Night-Owl123 chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
update soon! I love reading your story and I can't wait for the next chapter! update ASAP! _
Anonentity chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
Excellent story so far. I love the characterization of Naruto and Gaara, and am really intrested in seeing how it all plays out. Please keep up the good work.
Rakam chapter 3 . 10/11/2004
An enjoyable read. I eagerly await more.

I realise that you are sort-of only writing this for your own kicks, so I'm not sure if you want my opinions or not.

Tell me if you do, I'll find something to nit-pick about. :D

I don't spose you could update slightly more regularly?
RuByMoOn17 chapter 3 . 10/11/2004