Reviews for Hybrid Theory
donald7777 chapter 32 . 11/15
wow, this has to be one of the best self insert stories I have read, not to mention one of the longest.

Thank you for writing it and completing the story as so many are abandoned.
blariviere chapter 4 . 8/4
I don't know why your trying to portray Chris as a good guy but I say give it up.
He's killed at least half a dozen people without even a semblance of hesitation, former friend or not you need to kill his ass with Fire and make sure he Stays Dead!
SixPerfections chapter 3 . 7/12
Really hate this Chris fellow. Really, he's just a coward. A decent person would have thrown themselves in a fire hot enough to incinerate their current body.
SixPerfections chapter 2 . 7/12
Heh, well this Chris fellow is obviously trouble. And crazy to boot. Oh well.
SixPerfections chapter 1 . 7/12
Well, this feels really original. A story mostly from Ukyo's pov, how novel. Its rare to find something that feels different in this fandom. This story has my interest at this point. Long fucking thing too! XD
TonalArchitect chapter 1 . 3/5
Authors note needs to have grammer.
Neko-Mitsuko chapter 4 . 2/5
It took me to this point to realize that your chapter titles are Linkin Park themed I realized Hybrid theory from the start but the song chapter titles barely occurred to me this chapter. X'D

Radon088 chapter 4 . 12/22/2014
Wow... This story is fucked up man.

Take some anti-depressants or visit a spa or something.
thebluninja chapter 32 . 6/23/2013
And the glorious end ... for certain values of glorious, anyway. I note there's still no vampires, just sticking Umbrella front and center. :D Hell of a move there, Ukyou. You should have just made the vamps feeble and insta-dusty like the kind Buffy killed all the time, so that way it was far less boring.

Can't help but wonder what Petra would do if Chris *did* manage to come back. Would she kill him again? Bow down at his feet again?

And of course, just because Aaron let go of the power, doesn't mean it let go of him ...

Gah, I read this whole thing in under a week. All of 'book 3' in just yesterday and today, I think. And with the length, HT is about as long as the whole Dresden Files. Kind of scary when you think about it that way.
thebluninja chapter 29 . 6/23/2013
"passed so close to her that the ripple of air in its wake" Totally read that as "nipple" this time around. Which would be kinky and fitting what with all the lesbian stripper ninjas around. :D

" this chapter puts us well over one million words, making us, I believe the longest running fanfic on all of" Actually, the longest I'm aware of is a 3.4 million word Mass Effect fic ... all of it published between the start of 2011 and the end of 2012. There's supposed to be a Smash Brothers fic that's close to, if not outstripped that one, and then there's Project Horizons which is close to if not past the word count here ... and god only knows how many words are in all of Undocumented Features, I'm not even going to try and add all that up. Still pretty damn impressive, of course. :)
thebluninja chapter 28 . 6/23/2013
"Sure, she's the greatest scientific genius in the universe, but can she tell us why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?" Actually, that's a really good question. CAN she?
thebluninja chapter 27 . 6/23/2013
I forgot how much gravitas was put into Link's chapter recapping, too.

"You take a human being, and you rip out a portion of their soul." - This occurs to me, what with knowledge from this being my third read of Hybrid Theory, that if souls are supposed to be indestructible (or else create Paradox) then something else must actually be responsible for creating youma here ... or else there's more things wrong with the universe here than just Paradox.

Also, if Chris can take over dead bodies, then why can't he just slip into any old vampire around? They're dead, after all ... I'll assume it's because the vampires have some kind of animating essence that he finds annoying. Y'know, since his Third Circle lets him do *anything*. :p
thebluninja chapter 25 . 6/23/2013
See, this chapter is actually where I come to like Nabiki. She's still a grade-A bitch, and being dragged along in Ukyou's wake, but the way she deals with the dolls (and Bison) is just awesome. Even if she then utterly fails against Chris (which I'm sure was all part of his nefarious plans).
thebluninja chapter 24 . 6/22/2013
I'll forgive you guys here (since you're Canadian, even if Chris fled to Australia) but F-16s are not capable of launching or landing on an aircraft carrier. The Navy uses the F/A-18 as our one and only fighter jet ... even if they are best described as "strapping two jet engines to a brick to make it fly". Also, a carrier has to be in motion to launch planes (or at least, facing into a pretty strong wind) or they'll hit the water before they get up enough speed. Splitting a carrier in half would be no mean feat, but I can't actually applaud you here only because you wrecked the Vinson instead of the Lincoln. :p And really, if you think a carrier looks ungainly on a calm ocean, ride one through a typhoon with waves tall enough to go over the flight deck. :D
thebluninja chapter 23 . 6/22/2013
I want to express my disappointment that this chapter had an incredible shortage of fluffy bunnies.

Also, Washuu's kind of a bitch.