Reviews for Possession
Falero lero lero chapter 3 . 6/5/2013
I like your storyua nd wrtitng styel
A Mistake chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Whoa, My Fair Lady with Vetinari somehow playing the lead? That was a notion I couldn't even conceive until I started reading the first chapter to the end. Who knew the story could be coaxed to make some sort of sense and without a butchery of Vetinari's character? Kudos to you for your success in that! I like how the story begins with Vetinari-as-a-young-man, where he had yet to have his perfectly smooth and unreadable demeanour.

The Ankh-Morpokian detail is also excellent and on the right side of mediaeval. People throwing trash out of windows? Check. Painful reality of 'working children' alongside 'working women'? Check. The story is a wonderful distraction, far more than I first thought it could be when I read it.
Mesenchyma chapter 3 . 4/17/2010
Just.. perfect. :)
CarrieVS chapter 3 . 3/6/2010
I think I prefer this to Hanna/Havvie.

You are an exceptionally good writer.
The Dragon Mage chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
absolutely fascinating... it isn't written at all like Discworld, and is beautiful and slightly disturbing, and somehow i can see Vetinari doing something like this. He's the master of absolute control. awesome!
Mitsuko Soma chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
There's just one word that springs to my mind after reading this - 'lovely'. You've kept the stype , character in place and the idea of Havelock raising his future wife was simply brilliant! You've made my day sweetheart and most certainly deserve the applause :)
Calcifer chapter 3 . 2/18/2007
I have been a lurker for a while now, so I feel slightly guilty in not reviewing earlier *begs for forgiveness* :)

This is wonderful!

I have always thought there was something more to Lord Vetinari than T. Pratchett showed in his books, and you have captured his personality perfectly.

Thank you very much for writing this story.
Susan Lee chapter 3 . 12/2/2006
So Vetinari-like. I highly doubt that Pratchett would ever give him a love interest, but dangit, you do it extremely well. Kid gloves - you work in the newness and the strangeness with subtlety and good taste.

You have my admiration.
Abra d'Inverno chapter 3 . 8/8/2006
Excellent story. I always liked the mentor-protegee theme. No one better to mentor than the Patrician.

A very enjoyable reading.
Possum132 chapter 3 . 6/24/2006
Certainly twisty!
avid admirer chapter 3 . 6/21/2006
I absolutely loved this, as a story. I do not know if Vetinari was really out of character or not, because I truthfully have never read anything by Pratchett with him in it, but whether he was or not, this was a wonderful story. The only other Vetinari romance I've spotted are with Vimes...and there are so MANY of them... But you know, somehow, I feel like your writing of Vetinari may be a little different from Pratchett's, but not really OOC.

I feel no similarity to Ellie at all, ever, in this story, which is odd, because I always have at least one similarity with all the female characters I read about. This doesn't make Ellie any less of a wonderful character, it just somehow makes me less interested in her.

*Peeks at Mercator's profile* O. Man, I guess I was too late to be a fan while you were still writing, but I can still read and review. I wonder if retired fanfic writers still appreciate reviews. But now I head off to read more Discworld fanfiction and possibly, at some point, start cleaning, which was my original plan. Too bad.
Lurgy chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
M. A well-written fic, although I just can't see Vetinari doing something like this. Having a servant do it anonymously, possibly.

Vetinari romance yuk
The Eye of the Crow chapter 3 . 4/19/2005
That was just...wow. I really enjoyed this story so much that I read it during classes and simply couldn't stop...teachers really weren't pleased :). Now I've lent it to my friend, but when she returns it to me I will just have to read it again :). Really fabulous work! I'm gonna take a look at your other works...
rain and leaves chapter 3 . 1/16/2005
I am officially astonished at having the first Discworld fic I have allowed myself to read turn out to be fantastic.

Perfect characterisation of Vetinari, of course, and you managed to write a love-interest for him whose name couldn't have been spelt M-a-r-y-S-u-e! Brilliant.

Have you read Laurie R. King's Beekeeper series? I couldn't help thinking of it through your fic - it's a series of novels in which Sherlock Holmes gets a young, female, non-Sue apprentice. Vetinari does tend to remind me of Holmes in his more ascetic moods . . .

Thanks for the great fic. Are you planning a sequel?
Camel in the Arctic chapter 1 . 10/25/2004
Wow! I like! It's good to find another Discworld fan, thanks for the review of my fanfic, I'll try and finish it. Again, great story!