Reviews for Race Against Time
Sfumina chapter 27 . 11/11
Hi. I've just finished ch 27 and i've felt like reviewing. Well... You truly are an elf-torturer, and I love it. You described in such details Legolas' illness, writing about every cough, every shudder, every pretending-i'm-fine that i could really see him struggling in front of me. I usually prefer more fighting enemies and more physical confrontations but this is still ok... With this ff you made me imagine being Legolas laying in bed surrounded by Aragorn, Thranduil and Elrond and that's a pretty (hot) nice scene. So far so good. Hope the elf's gonna regain some strength and beats someone up. But i'm afraid he's not going to be much stronger... I'll shall now continue reading! (Sorry for bad grammar, eng's not my native language)
Captain Annie chapter 17 . 11/10
This has to be the best Lord Of The Rings fan fiction I've read. Your accuracy related to medical care is amazing! For example, hitting someone's back to drain liquid form the lungs. I think the hidden message is we don't think about how a cold is quite dangerous to some (very old or young, and apparently elves, especially if they have asthma!)

I like how you worked in funny moments like: "The sudden sound of two people running up the stairs would've been humorous had the circumstances been different."

You also are good at capturing emotions: Thranduil"s fear, Elrond's worry while he appears outwardly calm (well most of the time), and Legolas and Aragorn's friendship.
indigoblueoO chapter 14 . 9/9
I had an asthma attack 10 minutes before reading chapter 14 xD
The-True-Power-Ranger chapter 36 . 9/2
I was reading all this whole story, including all the chapters where legolas is in so much pain, at the same time my sister was playing Say Something on the piano, and I literally started crying!
Nimblelf legolas chapter 36 . 7/23
Sniff was a beautiful story...their friendship is so realistic and touching :) I am soo sad its finished.:( I love the way you potrayed Legolas and Aragorn...they have so much brotherly love for each other and yet they also know how to have fun:) I really love how you potrayed Thranduil and Elrond...Thranduil is so loving and caring and would do anything for Legolas but yet he is very wise. And Elrond is very like the one in the book in the sense that he is caring and very wise too. I love the relationship between Elrond and Thranduil they seem like old time friends...basically I love everything about this wonderfully touching and adventurous story and the way you potrayed every character and their relationship between one is definitely something I would recommend to my sister who is also a huge lotr fan like me :)
LegolaslovesME chapter 22 . 7/12
Legolas... Oh my lover... Still so strong, even when wounded. Out of empathy, my cold has started again. You have some powerful writing!
LegolaslovesME chapter 9 . 7/12
My sister just got a migraine, and she couldn't see, she was vomiting, her head felt like a bunch of uru-Kai were pounding inside it, every little touch, sound and light hurt her and it felt like the world was prying her head open, so she told me. We had to keep her in a quiet dark room for awhile day, on medication, with a bucket. Now, to see your sister like that hurts, but to see your lover like that is nearly unbearable. So, since i am good with a sword, you will stop this NOW. YOU. DO. NOT. HURT. MY. HUSBAND. LIKE. THIS. Please. Just please.(starts to sob and touches scabbed lips, scabbed from using true love's kiss until they bled)
LegolaslovesME chapter 21 . 7/12
Hope Legolas is alright, although I to hate to be trapped inside... That last comment of Thranduil's was funny.
LegolaslovesME chapter 20 . 7/12
Hovering over whether to hunt you down or not...
LegolaslovesME chapter 19 . 7/12
Finally, he is getting better! (shares a passionate kiss with Legolas) (looks up into his eyes) you're back! You are very nearly healed! (buries head in his chest, despite Aragorn's, Thranduil's and Elrond's best attempts to get me off)
LegolaslovesME chapter 18 . 7/12
I should hope it isn't slash! And my husband MUST get better! If he continues to be sick for one more minute, you and Raenwe had better run! Oh my husband, Legolas, look at me! You must get better or my heart shall break! (tears poor down my cheeks, and Elrond exasperatedly uses his last stock of sleeping herbs on me. I fall down beside him, my sleeping eyes wide with grief)
LegolaslovesME chapter 17 . 7/12
Yep, run as fast and far as you can, author, because I will find you... Erm,yeah, before the cure was banned I ,too, may have had some experience with vanwacoi... And some colds bring those symptoms and trust me, they hurt...oh, my husband Legolas! (throws myself next to him, caring only for my husband, sobbing. Elrond throws his hands in the air and leaves)
LegolaslovesME chapter 16 . 7/12
Yes, LET'S all get in line to kill Raenwe. Torn between Legolas's reaction and Thranduil's reaction about the " almost drowning" incident... Oh, my lover, please get well! (cuddles up to Legolas, well aware that Elrond has grown tired of shoving sleeping herbs at me)
LegolaslovesME chapter 15 . 7/12
You hurt my husband this way?! Seeing him with asthma is killing me from the inside... You might as well give me vanwacoi and then cancer...
LegolaslovesME chapter 14 . 7/12
Yep, you better hide, author. Above all, do not have Legolas lie down fully! ( attempts to put air in his mouth with true love's kiss until, once again, Elrond stuffs sleeping herbs in my mouth, my eyes widen, and I fall over, in elven sleep) (murmurs in sleep) I cared for some humans during the war of the ring... Don't let my husband sleep lying down... It will hurt him...
1,676 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »