Reviews for True Indicator of a Soul Mate
Margaret Armstrong chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
This little snippet of a story is utterly brilliant. Poor Hermione, faced with the unexpected perspicacity of Luna Lovegood- who really is written well in this piece. She's soft-spoken and polite and so very... Luna.

Logic-loving Hermione is rightly befuddled.

Also, I nearly died from delighted laughter when Luna mentioned the Vermicious Knids. At last! Someone else who has read Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator and is unafraid to reference that most horrifying, bone-squelching alien species that is the Vermicious Knid! "SCRAM," indeed.

(Also: Adore your epic, The Apprentice. Snape-Goes-Back-In-Time is one of my favorite subgenres, and your take is perfectly in-character, as well as showcasing the humor encapsulated so nicely in this short story. Thank you for making my afternoon so pleasant with things to read.)
Miss. Jenetari chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Typical Luna, with her infallile logic.

Well kept-in-character characters. XD Doesn't make sense but.. yeah. XDD

Good job, overall.
fledge chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
Lovely take of Luna! And I bet it gives ole Herms a sleepless night. One thing, though: Luna says "he loves you, you know," after Herms has been talking about HARRY. So who is she really talking about. Would be just like her to really put up a show of the whole thing.
Gina Molly Potter chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
You have to love Luna! She is so clueless and sweet!
redlightspecial chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
As a huge Luna fan, I'm always thrilled when I read a story where I think the writer hit her characterization just right. This is one of those stories. Luna's description of Ronald (I mean, Ron) is so perfect, you can imagine the wheels starting to turn in Hermione's logical brain. "Is that how other girls see Ron Weasley?" Nice job. redlightspecial
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
Mwah! I love Luna and her wonderfully obtuse logic!
story645 chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
Very cute fic. I love Luna and Hermione's interaction. It kind of seems like something Luna would do, just randomly ask Hermione about Ron. It's also a cool take on her Ravenclaw tendencies, asking for information so that she doesn't waste her time. Hermione's reaction was perfect, very in character, and logical.
Kirsty chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
I followed the link from SQ, as I'm curious about how people are writing Luna. I think that you've got her personality accurately, the way she drops her sensible comments in the middle of her waffling about fictitious creatures. I also think that your Hermione is accurate as well, using logic to try and prove her point, but being disarmed by Luna's logic as well. (ex: Hermione's mouth opened and closed. "Because... it's a ridiculous question. Obviously, I'm not Ron's...whatever. Ron and I aren't even dating." Luna frowned. "What difference does that make?")

Is there going to be more of this? If not, you may need to rework the opening, as it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of it. Although, with Rita turning up at the end, maybe it does.

Anyway, I really liked your story, and I hope to read more of your work soon.
Frankie Beeblebrox chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
Oh, this was wonderful. Followed the link from SQ, and am so glad I did. Your depiction of Luna was great, especially the “Thank Rowena. I was hoping Terry Boot wasn’t my true love.
soul of fyre158 chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
I'm surprised no one's reviewed this! It's so sweet, simple, and just entertaining, and i think this network could really use something lighthearted and true like this charming ficlet. I really do like it. I think you stuck with each character and made them react the way they might have had this conversation been real. Hermione was wonderful after Luna confessed Ron's lover for her for him...if that sentence came out at all the way I had it in my head... Oh well. Anyway, you understand what I mean. I really do like this. It's true to the actual works, which I love in fanfiction, and I hope you continue with other short one-shots, especially if they're half as sweet as this one.