Reviews for Bittersweet Synthesis
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
Lady of the Phoenix chapter 15 . 4/30/2011
Okay, so the review of the rest of the story so far, which I read while on a field trip. I would like to open on the fact that I am sad that this story seemed to have been left at the wayside.

I'm VERY happy to see Rude. Reno is all well and good and all, but Rude has always been my preferred Turk. I cannot help but wonder the connection between SeeD and Turk though, for Reno and Rude to know Squall's name and recognize him so easily.

My reaction to the presence of Reeve: YES YES YES YES YES!WHOOT!

I also love the way that you bring black ops into things. The idea of Turks formerly being in SeeD or soldiers makes me very happy. Makes more sense to me after all.

Mostly I now have to perpetually wonder just what Rufus (if that is the president Seifer is talking about) is using Seifer for.
Lady of the Phoenix chapter 5 . 4/28/2011
I had been contemplating leaving a review with the last chapters, but I decided I would wait a little longer to see what you would do with the Turks first. With that out of the way I'm more than happy to leave the first of my reviews for this story.

I must say that at the beginning I was a bit hesitant about the idea of merging the FF7 and FF8 stories, and could not help but wonder how you would go about doing so. I know there are no where near enough FF8 characters to truly populate/replace the FF7 characters, and I was worried that some of the characters with amazing personalities would be left at the wayside because of this. Granted there is still a character or two I would love to see still be in this story, but only time will tell whether they are here or not.

So far I've been trying to predict who you would throw into what roles, and I've been quite happy to find that, save for Quistis, I've been right. Honestly, I had no clue what role I'd throw her into anyway, but I think it works. I also love the idea of Zell replacing Barret. The characters have amusing similarities and vast differences that make the changes interesting. What I wonder about, though, is the role Seifer will fill in this. Before the name 'Sephiroth' came up, I was POSITIVE that Seifer would have to fill that role, and I was worried as to how he would manage it. When Sephiroth's name came up I thought Seifer would have to replace someone like Reno, an idea that I hated because Reno is just such an interesting character. It is my hope at this point that Seifer turns out to fill Rufus's role. It would make the conflict between Squall and him a bit more interesting than it already was.

Also, I'm VERY happy about the presence of Fujin and Raijin how they are. While I'm less happy with them being siblings (and I mourn the loss of Rude, if he is indeed replacing him) I do find their presence fitting seeing as they were originally designed for FF7, and then put aside when the Turks were created, as Tetsuya Nomura thought the concepts were too similar. It is good to see them in what might have been their natural element.

Finally, I think that the best part of this so far is the Squall/Rinoa interaction. I LOATHE Squall/Rinoa in FF8, as it seems too sudden, too forced, and too convenient (not on Rinoa's part, but definitely on Squall's, as if halfway through the game Tetsuya suddenly realized his main couple hadn't actually gotten together and he had to fix that pronto, but was too lazy to go back and make it believable). Here, though, Squall's interactions with her from the beginning make the relationship that I am sure will develop seem more appropriate, even acceptable for the characters.

That is all for now. I think I will stop back in after another few chapters, to save me the rambling.

-Lady of the Phoenix AKA Mercale
Daxam S. Loken chapter 15 . 4/13/2010
Really liking this fic. Just a shame you haven't updated it in a while. I think you have the character's personalities and mind perfectly captured.

I think I've figured out who's shadowing the group. I think.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/14/2009
you probably get a lot of these but... it has to be said again.

Dude, you have to get back on this. it's epic really.

(btw loved your other stuff as well, your ff8 fics are the best, you have all thier personalities spot on. which is important.)

Anyway i'd thought i'd thankyou for writing the best fics on this site, hell and any other site for that matter. write on.
Reiko x 3 chapter 15 . 6/27/2007
*shakes head slowly* Yet again I am reminded once again exactly whay you are one of my favorite author's on this site. Damn, that was intense... Kudos once again for your awe-inspiring talent as a writer. I wish I could write half as well as you do, but I kind of suck at writing fight scenes...and I tend to put far too much effort into developing a character than I do to the overall plot... Still, I look to your writing as a standard to emulate, if not match. Truely you are an inspiration. Update as soon as you can, okay? I want to know what happens next. Ja ne!
Dandy in the Aspic chapter 14 . 2/9/2007
I'm also wondering how Selphie is coming into maybe as Yuffie relating to the battle of Wutai?

I'm betting that the guy talking to the president is Seifer being sneaky and the president is Laguna trying to watch out for Squall. Stumped about how Ellone comes into it though.

Hm wonder where Squall was born? Maybe Icicle Inn?\

Thats it for my pondering: get writing!
Dandy in the Aspic chapter 15 . 2/9/2007
Wow just started reading this story and its really good! Please update soon despite not as much reviews i think its a fascinating premise.

I much prefer squall over cloud I sat through most of the game going cloud wake up to yourself your nuts! And Tifas reluctance to tell the truth got to me, Quistis is much cooler.

But pleased dont kill rinoa shes one of my favorite characters and i like her powers as you described them here.
anon chapter 15 . 8/15/2006
Im happy to see that this story hasnt fallen to the side. I enjoy your work and hope to see more soon.
CaptainSkittlez chapter 15 . 8/11/2006
The return of Randolph! That's good to see; i really love his character. Hopefully he'll be as bad-ass in this as he was in Gunblade. And a disctinct lake of Seifer/Zell animosity. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

A nice big battle at the Condor Fort, which is good. Not much to say on the battle itself; its the well loved Peptuk Battle scenes, as we all come to expect in the epic novels. My only real comment is that I didn't see much of Red, but there isn't much you can do with the four-legged feline. Nice work as ever, though.

And the sniper, working for the elusive Mr. President, I imagine he's Mr. Kinneas, no? Well, hopefully we'll still see some of Vincent but he was never crucial to the storyline, so I doubt it.

Nice work once again, and thanks for continuing to post these; I haven't see a update in so long, I was getting a little worried.
Delathen chapter 15 . 8/9/2006
Heh. You simultanously enhearten and frustrate all of us, military-dude.

Keep up the cross. And above all, PICK A STORY AND STICK WITH IT!
Happy Youkai chapter 15 . 8/8/2006
Hey you updated! Pretty intense chapter w/ the battles and all that. And you put in General Randolf from the Gunblade Saga! But I suppose that was easier than developing a whole new character for the Condor General, but it was a nice touch.

Update soon!

_
IfuritaD chapter 15 . 8/8/2006
I'm so glad you're continuing! The realism of your writing really grabs the reader, but you still capture the spirit of the game perfectly. I admire the careful way you plan out the best strategic uses of magic and other abilities. It's great to see a fic where the characters use their brains instead of hacking and slashing. This is definitely the most seamless FF crossover I've ever seen.
Storm Wolf77415 chapter 15 . 8/8/2006
Great, man. This battle was on a par with Centra in Gunblade Saga. I can see the influence of it. I'm wondering who Irvine's employer is. I've got my suspicions, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.
Solid Shark chapter 15 . 8/8/2006
Well, well, nice to see this updated finally. I can imagine that the battle gave you problems, though; I have that problem myself, when I get into the really big battles.

So you brought in General Randolph, eh? That's an interesting choice. Wonder if his fate will be brighter this time around...

Seifer's hiding something... guess I should've figured. I expect it has something to do with whatever it was he was up to after his duel with Squall...

Hm. More of the mysterious sniper, and "Mr. President". Leaving aside the fact that you've obviously been playing too much Metal Gear -not that it's a problem- I think that's going to be quite interesting in the future. Of course, it's fairly obvious who at least one of them is. ~Solid Shark