Reviews for Bittersweet Synthesis
Happy Youkai chapter 14 . 6/10/2006
Aww! You haven't updated this in a year. That's sad. Well, I like what you have posted, anyway. I've never read a fic like this and it's very interesting to read what you changed and what stayed the same.

JayLiyah chapter 14 . 5/27/2006
You know, I also read Daz Shier's own spin on a crossover fic and I have to tell you that I'm also thoroughly enjoying yours. You don't know how much I appreciate the idea that you are doing this fic.

Already, it's reminding me of some aspects of 'Gunblade Saga' and if that's the case, then you can definitely count me in for the long haul. _ I hope that you're working hard on the next chap, I'll keep a watch out for it.

Once again, your action scenes are incredibly captivating and I'm liking the roles you placed the characters in. I'm looking forward to the different twists you'll add. Yay, I'm glad Red's in there. xD

Whoa.. so Seifer's back. I have to wonder what important part he'll have.. also, I'm going to guess that his appearance also sparks the 'love triangle' aspect, am I right? Eh.. well, as long as it ends up being a Squinoa in the end. It will be one... I hope?

Update and soon, please.
Warp Ligia Obscura chapter 14 . 3/25/2006
Interesting, interesting. Not that I really take much interest in this, but the Solid Shark pointed me at The Gunblade Saga and I guess he was right with his judgement.

I see no one has used a Limit yet, whereas that already came to pass early in The Gunblade Saga during the Galbadian invasion of Dollet. Why?

I wonder who will replace Yuffie. Selphie does not seem sneaky enough. Is the sniper Irvine, or is Irvine the stand-in for Vincent? I cannot see Cid Kramer replacing Cid Highwind or Edea replacing Shera/Sierra, too weird. Cait Sith... Laguna? Then who would be Zack's understudy?

Pity you skipped Air Buster, Aps, Sample: HO512, the Gunners, Dark Nation and Motor Ball, though. I think it would have been nice to have some of those fights...
CaptainSkittlez chapter 14 . 1/29/2006
Amazing crossover. Wow, i really liked a lot of this. The way you've swapped the characters is great, and it retains most of the same stuff the characters had in FF8. I really hope that you'll update soon, and i hope Vincent is still in the story FF7 wouldn't he right without Vince :P
hominesnocturne chapter 14 . 1/20/2006
well, i had put off reading this for long enough, as i really dont like crossovers, but yet again, you have managed to make it interesting. im curious to see if you bring any of the "hidden" characters into it, or replace them (irvine for vincent, selphie for yuffie) but we'll see soon enough.

keep it up, ill be reading. (sometimes i think i have a blackberry just for reading fanfic updates)
hominesnocturne chapter 8 . 1/18/2006
well, definately happy to see that you will be keeping some ffvii characters. im curious to see whether or not Seifer (Zach) avoided his intended fate, and is still kicking around.
Dragoon Swordsman chapter 14 . 11/25/2005
Bizarre premise, but you're pulling it off nicely. I hope you update it soon.

Seifer being almost friendly, not something you see every day.

Is it just me, or are the exchanges between the mysterious sniper and "Mr. President" more of your endless Metal Gear referenses? (I have a pretty good idea of their identities, incidentally.)

I trusts this will have a good finish; Final Fantasy 7's ending left much to be desired. (And while I enjoy the game, the storyline is a little too dark for my taste.)
LinkOOT chapter 14 . 11/11/2005
That was great work. Please update soon.
Chasm chapter 14 . 10/23/2005
Looking forward to the next chapter
Chasm chapter 8 . 10/22/2005
Cid will replace Cid? Really? *tries to imagine Headmaster Cid turn into a foul-mouthed, grizzled smoker and pilot* Heh. Kind of hard.
Chasm chapter 7 . 10/21/2005
I didn't warm up to Synthesis until after a short while into it, and now I can't stop reading it. Admittedly, bringing both worlds (ff8 & ff7) together as you have is an unusual concept to accept at first, and many readers might be turned off, whatever their reasons. But I feel this story can skyrocket if you let it. I'd like see that happen, definitely.
Chasm chapter 5 . 10/21/2005
Yup, I love this fic.
Chasm chapter 3 . 10/21/2005
That...was so cool. For some reason I really enjoyed the way this chapter ended. Maybe because the scenes before that, and the scenes leading up to Squall's return were so charged with emotion.
Chasm chapter 2 . 10/20/2005
After reading the first quarter of this chapter I was, at first, a little uncomfortable with the idea of Squall and co. taking the places of the ff7 cast. I was uncomfortable, and in some scenes I wanted to giggle, amused, at slight but obvious differeneces. Example:

"Wasn't he a SeeD?" the second man, a dark-haired fellow named Zone, asked. The black-clad man nodded wordlessly.

"SeeD's with Shinra, aren't they, sir?" Watts asked Zell.

But quickly enough I began to like, and even immerse myself into this alternate version of ff7 world. The escape from Rector One was surprisingly intense. I have to say I like what I'm seeing here. One more thing, just a random guess. I see Selpie taking the place of Yuffie. Sounds about right.
Delathen chapter 14 . 10/7/2005

I always liked your works, but this one just about takes the cake. Very difficult, very ambitious.

I think you can do it.

And I'm also wondering why you aren't updating this anymore. Is it because of the low reviews? Or other real-world constraints? Writer's block?

Really, you should continue this. It's very good, near Gunblade Saga in its scope. Please, for the love of humanity! Finish this!
96 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »