Reviews for Bittersweet Synthesis
Peter J Marcroft chapter 6 . 9/11/2005
I have found some time to read a little more of this, it's extremely interesting to see a crossover where the characters replace the others, rather than having both universes co-exist, it's a bold move and one that works in a few cases.

The chapters after the second mission were very interesting, though I am disappointed about how the Corneo saga ended, kudos for cutting the sewer sequence. In the game it is rather banal, but I liked the sewers, it gave an interesting contrast between the obvious present day features of our world and the near future dystopian structures.

Oh and Squall dropping the Don? The jury is out on that one, seems just a little ham for my liking. (incidentally I saw your cheeky comment of it could follow marcroft's reasoning, my boy you have a nerve! lol)

But yeah I like this, as you say in the original intro it is an extremely interesting concept to fulfil, of course there is still some interest to come later with the whoel plotlines of the second disk and the climax to disc one too, a good job overall
Arkv01 chapter 14 . 9/6/2005
Glad to know Seifer is somewhat of a friendly in this fic! The description Seifer gave himself, a "free thinker", you continued this trait of his into Blood of the Chimera. Glad to know your fics have many slight similarities!
Arkv01 chapter 4 . 9/6/2005
Damn, I was hoping there would be a different antagonist in the place of Sephiroth. So far, I'm still wondering how Seifer will fit into all of this.
Johnny chapter 8 . 6/30/2005
One thing that makes me like the gunblade tale better is, I think, the fighting scenes are much more bloody and vicious in that tale. But hey, by the look of this chapter, things are looking up! Love the fight scene, and Red reminds me of a character from a Diablo fic I read awhile ago heh.

Again, I've never played VII, so I'm pretty much taking your words for everything heh, fun!
johnny chapter 5 . 6/28/2005
Ok, after the gunblade story, I'm now reading through this one which you've mentioned often in the other. The great writing exists in this as well, although so far as to chapter five, I still have to say that the other one is better.

In some ways, the characters in this tale are not being developped as nicely as in the other one. That aside, I still enjoy your writing alot.

Keep it up.
E chapter 14 . 6/8/2005
Well I finally got around to reading this and I must say it is good. The only problem I have with this would have to be the fact that I dunno... if it is just me or not but Rinoa doesn't seem to fit the part that Aeris' had in the game. She really seemed like a minor character some time during Midgar... Quistis really seems like a more important character then Rinoa. Maybe it is because she does the least and is only mentioned here and there with a few lines in-between.
TainShari chapter 13 . 5/17/2005
The flashback to Laguna and Co. took me by surprise there. I honestly wasn't expecting it. Anyway, the fight scenes are very nicely done. Will Squall replace Revolver with a mythril version, I wonder?

Keep those chapters coming! _
TainShari chapter 14 . 5/17/2005
Great story! You do excellent fight scenes too. I like this Seifer more than the one in Gunblade. He was a lot less of a jerk here, more like a friendly rival and a mercenary.

I'm *really* looking forward to the next chapter. _
seeker chapter 14 . 5/16/2005
This story is quite amazing, to say the least. Your writing style here is at no less a level than Gunblade. As for Squall memories, the potential for their background story is quite different than Cloud's, it seems. In FF VII, before Cloud's memories were cleared up, there were a few discrepancies between his story and his actions. For example, he knew certain people like the Turks and Tseng in a fashion that would indicate first hand knowledge. Yet, none of the aforementioned people knew Cloud back. Furthermore, there would be obvious occaisions were Cloud would know only superficial knowledge of something he should have had extensive knowledge of. Squall on the other hand has that personal knowledge of people in the Turks, of Tseng, etc. Futhermore, unlike Cloud, these people know him back, and as a SeeD no less (especially concerning Seifer). What this seems to lead to is rather than Squall being merely a soldier who became friends with a Soldier and took his identity, (and this is just speculation on my part) he could actually be the perfect sleeper agent. Seifer's coming out of the blue to help him is suspect. His extensive training and experience with the gunblade is indicative of more than merely one or two missions as a SeeD. Also, the frequent mention of the use of fake death as a way of pulling SeeD into black ops helps. The puropse of all this is the protection of Rinoa as she finds the Promised Land for Shinra. Who better than the best SeeD (properly motivated) for this job? But all this is just rumination anyway.
Storm Wolf77415 chapter 14 . 5/13/2005
I haven't left a review for this story, so I'll start now. You were right when you said that you could portray the characters somewhat differently here than in Gunblade. In Gunblade, Seifer is obsessed with using SeeD, and later the position of Sorceress's Knight, to become the ultimate swordsman. In Synthesis, Seifer isn't half the jerk, he is just a mercenary who needs the money and to bring down Shinra. I have a little more sympathy for him here than I did in Gunblade. Get the next chapter up quick or I'll go into withdraw, and that is not pretty! lol. just kidding!
TainShari chapter 7 . 5/11/2005
Another excellent story, peptuck! _

You should never stop writing.
Wolf of Light chapter 14 . 5/11/2005
Phew, finally caught up...

First off, nice job as usual. Two, glad to see Seifer not the villian at the moment (Heh, nice way to end a reunion battle. I actually grinned at the thought of Seifer and Squall in a duel and crashing heads together,litterally) Third, poor, poor, Rinoa. You evil author, planning on killing her off *glare*. Fourth, I'm guessing Laguna's one of our "Mysterious Sniper's" employers and for some odd reason I can see Selphie taking Cid's place at the pilot of the story.

In anycase, update soon
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 14 . 5/10/2005
"Goody! A challenge! This'is going to be fun." I quote a source, which I don't think you could identify. Good chapter.
Emerald8 chapter 2 . 5/9/2005
I have to admit, I was a bit sceptical when I read the first chapter, but now I know I have nother to worry about. You have miraculusly combined the magic of Final Fantasy 7 and 8 into one.

One thing that surprised me was having Zell play the charector of Barret, which are very diffrent characters. But, somehow, you make it work. I do wish, however, that you would adapt the Final Fantasy 7 story with all it's original charectors, also. But so far, I've found no fanfic that has done that, and this is the closest I've found yet.

Anyways, I've already added this to my favorite story list, and will continue to read all the chapters so far written, and will also read you FF8 adap (I liked 8, it's just my personall preference is 7). And also, if you know of any Final Fantasy 7 adaps that are complete or near complete, please tell me so I can read it.
Rusty Knights Productions chapter 14 . 5/6/2005
I began to read this fic after Gunblade ended and this is the first time I review. And I have to say: this is very good story. I haven't never seen FF7/8 'synthesis' fic this good before. It's also very intresting to see Seifer and Squall to be somewhat friendly with each other (at least for now.) I'm very intrested to see next chapter.

-Knight Two