Reviews for Bittersweet Synthesis
angel-brokensorrow chapter 14 . 5/6/2005
Hey, I didn't even notice that entire duel was Crouching Tiger-esque! Sigh, I'm so clueless. _ I liked this chapter better than the last one because...it had character moments. I'll have to look back to make sure, but I think there was much more in this one, than the last one...that sounded really repetitive didn't it? Oh, and I'm wondering, will there be any other couples other than bits of Squinoa and Seinoa?

But hey, good luck with trying out with the Navy or Air Force...I myself would rather pilot planes but, I don't know jack shit about, well, stuff like that. :D

Update soon!
Saiyru chapter 13 . 4/25/2005
Wow... I love the concept of the FF8 characters being in the ff7 plot and world, but I have some serious questions...

Squall's memories mixed up like Clouds?

this a Squinoa?

Rinoa takes Aeriths place, does Sephiroth kill her?

the "Mysterious Sniper" Irvine?

That's all I can think of...for now. I personally think that Rinoa would be better in Tifa's place, since she is the rebel in FF8. Besides that I really like this story!
angel-brokensorrow chapter 13 . 4/24/2005
Ah, don't worry Peptuck, I can, and will wait for these...slow updates. Besides, chapters like these are well worth it. And I'm so glad that you're going to put some good character development, and to think I was gonna ask for some just now! And I think you're the only author I know that can write bad ass carnage really good.

It's too bad you got disqualified out of the Corps, but y'know, the future weaves itself in odd ways...or I'm maybe picking some kind of Morpheus Zen from watching The Matrix yesterday. _

Update soon!
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 13 . 4/24/2005
Here's the deal. I don't think you've got it to beat Gunblade Saga. But I'm willing to watch it through till the end. Plus, you've not disappointed me since I started reading your stuff, so I think this is an challenge of sorts. C'mon. Show me what you got.
Masamune chapter 13 . 4/24/2005
You mentioned a couple times in Gun saga(which was great by the way.. it made me like FF8 even more) that you hated Cloud but I never picked up the reason why. I have nothing against it of course but I'm curious.. Yes I'm aware curiousity killed the cat.

The idea of switching FF7 and FF8 is great. Sadly, I haven't found time to read this story yet. Hopefully I will be able to soon, if this is anything like Gun Saga I'm sure I'll love it.
Jryu chapter 12 . 4/8/2005
Hi.

Well, you have my interest. I do hope you see this one through to the end... I would like to see how this interesting set up plays out. (I'd also like to see if my personal guess about the role of Seifer is true...)

And I liked the cameo by our favorite trio of soldiers... but tell me - will we see either version of Biggs and Wedge?

Jryu
Peter J Marcroft chapter 2 . 3/28/2005
I have only just got around to reading this, due to me editing my work I wanted to take some time off and decided to check out this intriguing idea and one I very much enjoyed.

With all crossover fics you always have the problem of continuity, as in which traits you keep and which you lose, what abilities the crossover characters gain to fit the world and so forth.

First of all I very much enjoyed the intro, it was an interesting an original setup for the game, very efficient and well written. I liked the character's paterns of conversation being similar to both universe's and of course the whole 'fire' attack being spawned by materia.

The second chapter is the real meat for this however and a very interesting one it was to read. Good selection of the crossover characters as you had the minor and the major players in the game, which worked very well with the setup from FF7. The use of X-amto, while not original, is very apt. Good to see that not only do heroes crossover, but also villains, which is highly welcomed.

There were times the speech felt a little odd, like "Open the door, right the hell now." It adds some of the jarred speech of FF8 I suppose, but it seemed a little... Awkward.

However this is a very interesting take on both games and I am interested in seeing how deep it goes and what plots develop. Well done.
Anime obsessed fan chapter 12 . 3/11/2005
Since you mentioned I should review this, might as well get around to it.

First of all, excellent fic- it still retains the spirit of FF7, even with all the FF8 elements in it. I won't bother making any guesses on who will end up where or as what, as pretty much the only thing I am sure of is that this is an awesome fic, and will probably become even better whenever you start adding more chapters to (maybe after Gunblade Sage?)

Well, whenever you're ready, can't wait to see more FF7 and FF8 characters make their introduction eventually.
Akira Stridder chapter 12 . 1/31/2005
Hehehe...nice chapter man! thats Seifer huh? possing as Zack?
Kaiser-kun chapter 12 . 1/23/2005
Yo, Pep! One question: Why didn't you wrote about the main character's mom in "Crimson Fire, Bloody Memories"? I actually liked that bit, showed us that heroes are not always orphans. You could have used Raine. Also, I liked Marlene! Li'l Ellone could have done for her, don't you think? Well, no matter. Keep up the good work, man!
JadeAlmasy chapter 12 . 1/15/2005
very good keep up the good and update soon! sorry no long review but one question is the Irvine 'helping' them? well update soon on BOTH stories!

Jade
Tsuyunoinochi Koukyo chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Wow, amazingly good! I salute you on a job well done!
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 12 . 1/13/2005
Read this entire chapter while listening to the Angel theme song. Was good. But either way. This is huge. I'm curious, will there be more epic scaleish battles in the future? I've never considered that Shin-ra might be irritated enough to send troops (well, mass troops) after them. And I think I've caught up to your game, I'm just curious how it will fold out. Now to review TGS which I forgot to do. Don't hurt me!
angel-brokensorrow chapter 12 . 1/13/2005
Of course I'm here! I always like to read this stuff...it's really-I dunno-fun? But yes, I'm so excited by this chapter. Maybe it's the adrenaline from everything here but...wow...I felt like shaking while I read it. Weird a little?

I totally loved that whole thing in Kalm. Probably one of the best sequences to date in this fic. Really well done and it's duly noted that there's less carnage in this chapter.

Poor innkeeper dude though...tsk tsk tsk...it reminds me of Star Trek TOS when they used to introduce unnamed crewmembers which die 20 minutes later. Haha, SUCKERS! Ahem..but yes..poor innkeeper..may others like him NOT pop up and die. _

Oh...it may be my really bad memory but, I was wondering if there was going to be some character development for Quistis, Zell or the other ones that'll pop up. Since FF8 and from what I remember of FF7 was pretty light on that aspect.

So update soon and continue such amazing work.
Spiritblade chapter 11 . 1/13/2005
Brother, you have my attention. A good story - and the amalgation is near perfect. Keep going. Make it as bittersweet as the original FF7.
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »