Reviews for Star Crossed Lovers
fancy-bread chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
ARG! I wish I had your talent!

oh well... can't have both brains and my good looks! jk!

This has got to be your best one yet! I love reading the depressing ones. I don't really know why. This is awesome!

Your best friend

Rachel

*George has too many eels in the hovercraft* LOL!
just an MR fan chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
pretty good. i like how depressed he is. it makes me sad too! WA. lol. keep up the good writting!
Addicted2Ewan chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Pretty darn good for never having even read any MR fics before. This is a really great start- I hope you continue in this category.
Sandra Athrenael chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
I just wanted to tell you how wonderful this short story was. It really seemed like he was saying all those things himself and you really captured the feeling perfectly. I'm always telling myself that no one could ever describe a feeling as deep and complex as that of Christian's after Satine's death, but I thin kyou've done it. Not only have you succeeded in doing that, but you've done it well. I can't believe you have so few reviews.

love the story-

Sandra
Lucie - or Lux chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
Very nice. Extremely good writing, the story is poignant and gripping. You make the emotions in your writing seem very real, and manage to bring across Christian's grief without turning him into an entirely vapid and tiresome person.

I especially liked the bit, "Something is missing as he writes of what was, what is, and what will never be." Good work on using tenses to bring pathos to the story.

Aww, how sweet, you dedicated it to me! *is touched*

All in all, great story, and I hope you never decide to kill off any Tammy characters, because if it turns out anywhere near as good as this, I would have to kill you for torturing my beloveds.

Love ya girl, and hope to see more writing from you soon. The Tamora Pierce section has been dreadfully flat since you haven't been posting there!
Rosemarie-ouhisama chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
This is your first MR piece? I never would have guessed...but you are obviously no stranger to writing, and thank goodness for that! This catagory needs all the good writers it can get, so welcome!

Very lyrical and spare, this piece; distills longing and grief to their essence without getting into too many melodramatic flourishes; tragic without being bathetic.

I disagree that he never abused her (his treatment of her on opening night could certainly be considered abusive) but it makes sense that he would not THINK of himself as being such, as this is from his POV.

I hope to see more from you in this catagory?

(also known as Queen RoseMarie in these parts)
The Spastic Forkie chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
Aww, poor Christian.

Spiffy story. Wish I could say more. ...Ah well. Write more stuff please!

Forkie