Reviews for Constructing Misanthrope
Pata Hikari chapter 1 . 3/25
This is incredibly stupid and completely incompatible with the actual series.

There is literally no indication that Ranma is in any way particularly unsatisfied with his life.

Take, for instance, the Shi Shi Hokoudan Arc. Ranma had to *force* himself to try and be miserable in an attempt to learn the technique. That is not the actions of someone who is constantly suffering. See also the Reversal Jewel Arc, in which when one of his "problems" (Shampoo chasing him) went away, he made every attempt to get her back. He *likes* having multiple women chasing after him.

And ugh. We have the stupid fanfic trope of treating slapstick like it's abuse. So Ranma can an do things like jump on people's heads, driving them into the ground, as a casual greeting even to wimps like Gosunkugi and he's perfectly innocent. But Akane comically bonking Ranma on the head when he does something to piss him off is abuse.

The real plot of his story is yet another psychotic demon was split off from Ranma's girl half, which was done twice, once in the anime and once in the manga.
tobi1989 chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
A good story, a shame you didn't continued it.
Rune Tobor chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
They are all dead? Good.
I'm sorry Ranma is gone but the rest, good riddance.
Soun should have made Akane not be such a violent maniac, just to start.
Genma should have died to cleanse his "honor" long ago.
Nabiki cares only for herself, she is evil, kill her before she does more evil.
Akane is thoughtlessly violent, she will kill someone sooner or later, kill her first.
The amazons? Kill the entire tribe if you can. The reason? Kiss of death or just kill amazon obstacles first.
I could go on, but I approve of most of this fic.
I do wish Ranma was alive tho.
Hektols chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Very interesting work.

It's disturbing how horrific could be life for the main character in a work of fiction like Ranma if we take away the humor and see the real implications of what other characters do to him. I specially loved the part where the female Ranma gave Nabiki a punishment fit or what she did to her.
andres.mullerbeck chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Amazing, you can really feel the hate rolling off that girl
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Dark indeed! Yet, somehow, fitting. I honestly don't know what else to say.
Wordlurker chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Wow. Angsty. And worse, it's technically correct too... Yikes, I need to go and read something funny now. This fic, while nicely written, is a tad depressing.
Raj8 chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
nice it is an intresting story but could you add akane reaction to it.
Nanya chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
I know that this story's old, but DAMN! That was good! VERY good! *nods* Okay, a bit fanon, but I'll forgive it. Well written at least. At least this made my day.
GeorgeTobor chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I like this. Its not that I like hate but the treatment of Ranma is beyond the pale. Stories like this seem like justice to me, rough justice maybe but justice still. I like "Ranma come out on top" stories, ones where he takes control of his life in one way or another. Sure this is dark, but its dark for the right reasons.
Rune Tobor chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I like stories where Ranma stiffs the canon crew. None of them are truely honorable and all deserve to suffer. I don't think it takes a village to raise a child but if said village does not stop someone from abusing a child then the village is guilty. No one in Nerima ever helped Ranma, not long term anyway. Someone should have put the police on Genma at least! A sniper rifle with animal tranquilizers would take him down. So yes I like this story. Thanks.
GameGuardian2x chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
I think the previous reviews made valid points about how PHG's views are rather warped. But she is a warped and incomplete person (having sprung from the demise of Ranma Saotome like Athena from Zeus, fully formed in body perhaps, but hardly mature or healthy or stable in mind), so they rather should be. I find nothing that bends my suspension of disbelief overmuch in this fanfic. (Whereas in other fanfics your portrayal of Nodoka, Ranma, and Akane occasionally do break it for me)

I urge you to take their words as they are- a criticism of a viewpoint and not of your fanfic, which bears no blemish.
Ryo-Wolf chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
...interesting. I found a link to this story on a message board, claiming it was good. I have to disagree with him. Sure, it's well written, but that doesn't forgive the annoyingly cliche and simply wrong characterization. This is just another 'Ranma is a saint while everyone else in the cast is an evil bastard' story. They're a dime a dozen, and they are all disgustingly off the mark.

You've taken the worst qualities of every character, blown them completely out of proportion and misinterpreted the reasons behind the actions. This is written from the point of view of an angry curse, so I'm sure that's just her take on things, and it is reasonable for someone to actually have this outlook despite how incorrect it is. However, having the entire cast killed/tortured/done away with by an angry curse with a misinformed outlook just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

In conclusion: Excellently written, terribly characterized.
Final-Fan chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Compelling, but oh-so-onesided. Not to mention that, in the manga at least, Akane mellowed out, not worsened, as the series progressed, at least in regards to "blame Ranma syndrome".

In the Hinako story arc, immediately after Herb, when Ranma was taking Hinako on what looked an awful lot like a date in an attempt to get her aura-draining technique, Akane dismissed the paranoia of her classmates and Ukyo that he was after her romantically ("you've got to be kidding"), and was the ONLY fiancee NOT to attack Hinako after the date.

She didn't blow up until she walked in on him bending Hinako over a desk, with his hand cupping Hinako's breast, yelling, "Give it up!". Ranma's intentions were innocent, of course, but Akane blowing her stack at that point is hardly what I'd call "insanely jealous".
KPheonix chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
Dude, this is absolutely wicked. How come you didn't do anything to Cologne? Oh well, this is awesome.

On one side, I like Kasumi's character. I won't bother explaining it. However, I CAN explain why I don't like it, her ignorance and her choice to be opblivious is just plain annoying at times.

So Ranko decides to take revenge and kill everyone. Man, that is maximum destruction.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »