Reviews for Laced
twinmuse chapter 8 . 4/26/2005
I LOVE IT!

This fic is awesome! I really love the addition of the best friend for Abby too..she was great!

I'm the biggest Luby fan ever and LOVED THIS!

you must do more and more and more cause I MISS THE LUBY!

Colly E. of twin*muse
shelovesboots chapter 8 . 1/10/2005
Hi there,

I'm totally loving this. Your fic was a pleasure to read, I enjoyed every single line of it.

Great lyrics, BTW.

x Sunny
ivyleague chapter 8 . 8/3/2004
Wonderful. So good, considering you are new to ER fanfiction. Please write more soon, especially with Luka and Abby.
girlintheyankeeshat chapter 8 . 8/1/2004
Great ending with the Al Green song there! A good, well-written story, I hope to see more of your work in the future.
kay H chapter 8 . 7/30/2004
I just read this whole fic today and it's fantastic, it's massivly enjoyable and very well written, good job! i hope u carry on. (it's an awesome effort for a first fic.)
girlintheyankeeshat chapter 7 . 7/30/2004
"Dr. Kovac, your shift starts in two minutes, be glad I came upstairs now, because for what you were about to do, you'd need more time than that."

A Weaver comedy moment; excellent! I like the fact that their "moment" was interrupted, building some good suspense.
Hgirl chapter 6 . 7/29/2004
β€œ"I think Abby suffered a mental breakdown, which with the help of her recent low nicotine intake and malnutrition, has caused her body to succumb to exhaustion. I think a few days off and balanced diet will help get her back on her feet." Luka explained, and relief washed over both Lara and Phin.
Hgirl chapter 5 . 7/29/2004
β€œ" What about my arms?" Dr. Kovac chose that moment to dive into the conversation, Abby shot Carter an embarrassed look, and shielded her eyes away from Luka, who's initial intent was to grab a few minutes of Abby's time on his break, but hearing the tail of dialogue between Carter and her sparked his curiosity.
Hgirl chapter 4 . 7/28/2004
β€œIt was horrible how one minute you had everything you ever needed and the next you were alone, insomnia plaguing you and a post card was your worst enemy.
Hgirl chapter 3 . 7/28/2004
β€œ" Don't flatter yourself Abby." She murmured, just loud enough to clearly hear herself, and quiet enough so she wasn't suspected of talking to herself, though through years of her marriage with Richard she developed a habit, more than one.
Kim chapter 5 . 7/28/2004
Amazing chapter. I loved it! Luka was so sweet. Update soon!
NaomiP chapter 5 . 7/28/2004
I am so wanting to like this. The storyline remains good, but there are still way too many odd little errors. (Spelling/word usage/grammar.)

And this paragraph really brought me up short:

She knew since day one she was involved with Luka that he'd earned the reputation of promiscuity personified around the ER, but outside, everywhere he went women swooned around him. Be it his killer smile, or the angst filled eyes that lured women, but Abby couldn't remember a time Luka was alone.

Is this totally AU? Because Abby became involved with Luka in early S7. At that time he had not been seeing anyone since late S6 (several months previously in show time) when Carol left, and before that he'd been courting Carol (with no evidence of a phyisical relationship between them that went beyond kissing) for several months ... and before THAT there was no evidence that he'd been seeing anyone.

The 'promiscuity' thing didn't happen until S9, and was very clearly a symptom of emotional pain and trauma. By S10 he was back on track, and, apparently, faithful to Sam.
girlintheyankeeshat chapter 5 . 7/28/2004
I'm really getting into this story now. I think the song excerpts you have chosen fit the chapters really well. Lara is a good OFC, a nice contrast. I'm off to find my copy of "A Rush of Blood to The Head" now! :)
Kim chapter 4 . 7/27/2004
Another great chapter. I love the whole 'she was always within arm's reach but so difficult to get' because it is so true. Update soon!
Kim chapter 3 . 7/27/2004
This is a great story. I love Luby. I liked how Carter told Abby to go see Luka. Update soon!