Reviews for The New Guy
Yes! Spidey x raven for the win!
Anonymous chapter 6 . 11/23/2015
Very well done, my friend. I've decided to read all the reviews posted my own, and quite a few of them gave me inspiration. First off: What Luke-Bones posted last year on Sept. 22 about the H.I.V.E. acronym was very intriguing, so therefore, I second his motion. Then Guy-Fawks22 posted a review about Franklin Castle. Not entirely certain if he'll be a minor character in the story, because you're the writer. I'm not too convinced that the JLA should be in charge of the Teen Titans, but the way you wrote it may have been better if Robin divulged in an inquiry such as: "Can you remind me again why you believe we should be taking orders from you?" and Bruce would say: "Because the Justice League will be history if we didn't refer you as to bring in new members from the organization you founded, which takes me back to why I took you in as if I've adopted you. Jim was one man that suggested I adopt you because he knows that the Batman can't do everything on his own. You were the one that never gave up on me when Jim nearly died. Besides, we've been keeping a close look at Victor for quite some time now and his skills could be a great asset to the JLA. You must understand that we need people to succeed where we failed. You're all we've got left, in case we fail."

Sorry that took so long, bro, but I guess my point there is that the Teen Titans are like High School, but the difference is when the oldest member turns 20, that's when the Justice League makes a decision on whether or not to welcome them to the Big League. As I was reading the description on the next villain to appear, it sparked 4 enemies in the Marvel Universe: Edward Brock Jr. (Venom), Cletus Kassady (Carnage), Jason Phillip Macendale (Demogoblin), or Curtis Connors (Lizard). Now let's talk about the romance between Peter and Rachel: There was one review that I've read that stated it seemed a bit rushed. I respectfully disagree. You hit the nail right between the eyes, dude! I think later in the story, they should eventually be open to revealing their past to each other before Trigon enters the world (reference to Teen Titans Season 4 Episode 2: Birthmark). Well, if you include that in the story, whenever that happens. Speaking of timing as to when it'll be updated, something tells me you have a job that requires you to work 10 hours a day, which would explain why you haven't updated since 2004. Whatever the case is with you and your life schedule, the one question on my mind is: What is keeping you from adding to this awesome fanfic? Please update as soon as you can and make time to work on this fanfic. I'll be checking in every now and then to see if you heed my words about updating your story.
DocKuc chapter 6 . 6/6/2014
Hi I know it's been 10 years since your last update, but I really love this story, it's one of the best spider man and teen titans stories I ever readed. I'm really sad it's not continued, if your reading this please continue
delax chapter 5 . 10/23/2013
Woah, bold move there.
I was rooting for some SpiRav... RaeSpid? SquidRave? Uh... "Those two" to get together; it was rather likely though as you told us that 2 of 3 girls were quote-unquote called-for.
I haven't seen the show, but I kinda assume that Raven doesn't pull a Captain Planet there.
This does bring up some issues:
a) keeping the character interesting and familiar might be harder after "fixing" her.
b) I need to find ways to use the phrase "pull a Captain Planet" more often.
¥) The title song from Casino Royal is running through my head and it won't stop.
Fish) It is 6am and Tuesday is a LIE!
delax chapter 3 . 10/23/2013
I think I rather like this, but it felt like a few too many author notes/parentheticals within the story...
Like the one giving a shout-out to Space Balls, I love the movie too, but it is irritating for you to stop the action so you can explain the reference (that I already know).

Anyway, back to reading, this seems like a fun time.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/28/2013
Sorry but are you in coma or something? jokes aside your story is good and i'd like to read more. At least you could post a message explaining why you stopped writing
Silent Phantom gal chapter 6 . 5/23/2012
I like BB's joke! :{D
Luke-Bones chapter 2 . 9/22/2011
First off, this thing is undeniably brilliant. the banter is perfect, the fight scenes are marvelous, and aside from robin being a tad cheerier than normal, the characters are spot on. One small detail, though; I've researched plenty, and though there's a book of the same name with a completely different universe, i'm fairly sure HIVE stands for the Higher Institute of Villainous Education. Just a theory, but still an idea.
Guy Fawkes522 chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Spider-Man is not New York's greatest vigilante. He's hardly a vigilante. The Ne York's greatest vigilante is Frank Castle aka the Punisher.
Fusion Blaster chapter 6 . 6/30/2008
Well considering I just now found this fic and it hasn't updated in long i feel bad for not finding it earlier. Still Damn fine and damn funny fic.
BlackRoseFire chapter 6 . 12/14/2007
Awesome. Please continue to write this great fan fiction. I loved the Freakazoid part.
King gunman chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
Okay, I sorry but the characterization's are out of wack. Robin isn't acting like Robin. He seems to be more of an anagram of Gar and Victor.

And the Justice League, what's up with that? So they control all of the Superheroes in the world, even to the point of making the move where ever they (The JLA) want?

And the Teen Titans, even though they have recived founding from Batman in the past are not under the thumb of the JLA. Even in the show they formed after a chance meeting and found they made a good team.

While I do give you props for the depiction of old Web Head who seems very in character.

Over all I give this fic a 3/10 rating. I will continue reading it just to see if it improves. Oh, and I'm adding you to my Favorites list to make it easier to get to.
blueyes1991 chapter 6 . 7/3/2007
This story is great please don't have abandoned it. The wait is driving me nuts. Spiderman and Raven are a great pair.

Please more chapters.

Also thanks for not using a multiple universe storyline they are annoying.
kb chapter 6 . 2/6/2007
This is some good fanfiction. Fanfiction has been getting soo bad you have to comb through this site for days to find anything worth your time of reading. This is the kind of story that should be ok fanfiction, not fantastick fanfiction when compared to other stories on this site. I have read some fantastic fanfiction when combing for years, and these are the kinda stories I like to read in between them. Keep up the good work and do the charitable thing by filling this site with more stories plz. As for suggestions, two words, sinister six.
GreyAB chapter 6 . 7/31/2006
now this is a fun story. I do like the way you got raven and spidey together :) an the fact that BB noticed the change before the others was just surprising. looking at the date of the last update though I hope you havent just abandoned this.