Reviews for I'm Still Here
Vanwaer chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
Beautiful. And somewhat bitter-sweet? Dang, I read this two weeks ago and I STILL can't describe it. I... understand it though. The fact that Faramir still DOES love his father... Denethor wasn't evil... just... well... I dunno. He just WASN'T evil. He really did love Faramir. Deep down. He just couldn't... express it very well, I guess. I LOVE the song that you used. I can't listen to it now without thinking of this fic. Odd, isn't it? My favorite lyric line: 'I smile the widest, when I cry inside and my insides blow apart'. That line just... it's deep. *shrugs* But I'm a freak anyway. Namar.
Aldawen Eldartari chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
I love it.
Catmint chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Wow. This is incredibly powerful and amazingly written.
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
This is just brilliant. Heart-wrenchingly so.

This bit sums it all up really. "I had tried to be Boromir, oh, how I had. The smallest children can see when another does something that merits reward, and he will try to imitate it. And I did, even when I was no longer a child. But I was always a little behind, no matter what. And yet somehow, my resentment did not build up against him, just against myself." Wonderful.
Esther chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
Oh, the last two paragraphs just killed me good. :) GJ! Please write more
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
That was really, really good. I love your writing style, but I love your content even more. You've really captured Faramir, I think, and how I've always pictured him. I agree...I never pictured Denethor as an evil man. And I think Faramir would have loved him, absolutely.

The other thing I loved about your fic is the way it was resolved. It wasn't "I'm strong and I can get over this past with the help of my angel wife etc..." it was more of a willingness to forgive and forget...to admit what he was and what his father was. And I really enjoyed that. Oh, and btw...that song was awesome! It fit so well! How do you find these things...? Well anyway, GOOD, GOOD, GOOD JOB! Please continue!
Skyler VonDetton chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
WONDERFUL! Its really Faramir, not the movie version. The book versioan and I give you a perfect 10!
Silwen Aurdomiel chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
excellent! very deep. i luved it! it's so sad, and i love how faramir reflects on the deaths of his brother and father. excellent work.
Orliey chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
Wow, that was really good. More than good, amazing. To have Faramir look back and try to once and for all come to terms with the past was a great idea. The way you dealt with his father was definitely good. You neither bashed him, but you also pointed out how flawed his treatment of Faramir was. And it fit with the song really well.
The Eighteenth Letter chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
I was very pleased to see a story that about The Stewards that wasn't more bashing. A good fic with a lovely ending. Well done!
werkwrklhklwhadfs chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
awesome!I always wondered what faramir had felt...

I like that song too!

It reminds me of 'Falls on me'by Fuel.I think.

Coulda used some more lyrics but s'all good