Reviews for Dragonball New Beginnings: The Arlean Saga
Nova Flame chapter 77 . 10/29/2005
Well, I'm trying to think of something to comment on rather than my usual bantering about how much longer it will go on. My vote is definitely will go longer than 5 or 6 more chapters simply because you put so much detail into it. I say that in a good way. You make the readers fell like they are in the story, watching as each event happens. However, if we did endure 70 chapters only to have a clone blow up the blasted planet...may Vegeta jump out of a different dimension and hunt you down! Bwahahaha...

I guess it was kind of uneventful, but now that everybody is ready to go we should seem some real butt-kicking coming up. As far as the little scene with Pan...I'm not even going to say anything. *slaps forehead with hand and shakes head with a small smirk* Let's just say that was probably the last thing I thought would happen, though I did wonder how she would end up given what Goku looked like when he was finished. As far as the comment about her being a dog...go ahead, let her hear it; I would love to see what would happen to Akira. :) Let's see if SS5 can save him.

Just how did the buckle withstand Trunks' transformation enough to be re-buckled. In the last chapter, he put it on before being shot with the Brute Ray. Wouldn't it break under the pressure? Just a thought...

Anyway, I think that's about it. I await the next chapter.
Casseeinamirror chapter 77 . 10/29/2005
OMFG i loved that! lol the Pan thing worked perfectly. and i laughed so hard at this "The giant ape cocked its head to the side, considering him carefully.

Then she backhanded him into the ground."

lol poor Akira hahaha anyway great chap and i look forward to the fighting in the next one. _~
darksupersayian chapter 77 . 10/29/2005
That's a good theory. Another theory to add to that one perhaps is the whole Blutz waves thing. Most of the time at least when Ghahan's tail grew back it was during a full moon or a simulated full moon. Another qualification may be need. Goku regrows his tail because of the need to beat Baby. Many of the Saiyan transformations are based on need. Maybe Vegeta just couldn't find the need because Goku was already strong enough to handle most things. But those are just some things to think about.
BballAnimeLover89 chapter 77 . 10/29/2005
LOL Poor Pan! Love how Trunks is a Super Saiyan 4 now!

UPDATE SOON!
Francis Keenan chapter 77 . 10/29/2005
Great chapter, However, I'm rather surprised at the topless Super Saiyan 4 Pan, but I somehow knew that a female Super Saiyan 4 would be topless. Anyway, now that there're four additional Super Saiyan 4s, I think the battle should be in the Z fighters' favour, but like Vegeta said, the Alean doesn't look all that worried, which probably means he has a few more tricks up his sleeve. I mean 01 and 02 are strong, but I don't think they can handle four Super Saiyan 4s, six if you count Akira and Kanata. Does the Arlean have a creation more powerful than any of the clones or does one of the clones, probably 01 have the power to absorb the life forces of the fallen clones? On a side note, I think you shoud read a fic called th Gallio Saga. It's a Dragonball Z/Tenchi Muyo crossover and it's really good. Anyway, although I was a bit miffed that you hadn't updated in a while, but I know you had your reasons.
donkeykong27 chapter 77 . 10/29/2005
I hate to be negative, because I did like this chapter, but there was a pretty big isuue I had that is actually a reoccuring thing. You use too many "probably's" and "perhaps'" sometimes and it comes off more as speculation than a telling of a story. It's minor, but extremely noticeable, to me at least. Like I said though, I liked the chapter overall, topless pan was pretty funny, if a bit...wierd. Anyway, good job and update soon!

Cheers!
Courtney chapter 77 . 10/29/2005
Geez, now almost EVERYONE is a Super Saiyan Four! Pan's transformation was funny. LOL, Kanata was checking her out...well, he isn't a virgin like Akira is, so I guess he wasn't so embarassed by it.

By the way, are you going to get Revenge of the Sith on DVD? I can't wait to watch evil Anakin again, not to mention the whole Darth Vader scene. That was my favorite part of the whole movie... when they put the mask and helmet on and he takes his first breath...it literally gave me chills. *shudders*

Good chapter as always. Now that all the Saiyans are transformed, let's see some butt kicking!
PopfullaWriter chapter 77 . 10/29/2005
I agree with your theory on the tail growing back thing... and in GT, I think Goku could grow his back was because he WAS wished back into a child again... that or GT writers were definetely NOT Toriyama-sama. XD I beleive the only way Vegeta could get his tail back is from a wish from the Dragonballs.

As for SSJ4 Pan, that scene was awesome! Yep, I remember that comic, and it was kinda funny despite Goten and Trunks were looking at their own niece/sister. XD This scene in this fic's was freakin hilarious to me, and I'm a girl! XD

Figures Gohan'd be able to calm himself down. He was always the smartest of the saiyans.

And I certainly loved the little Pan/Akira scene... "Pan, I love you..." *SMACK!* XD Heheh

Well, if you were gonna add a fight scene to this and then changed your mind, I suppose it means we'll be getting a QUICKER update? *huge grin*

VIVE LA 10 WORD REVIEWS! XD
Nicole chapter 76 . 10/20/2005
Of course it's decent. And yes, sitting in front of an RPG game when you're sick is the way to go. It is taking you awhile to update, but it's not your fault, with school and such. I'm the same, I have no free time at all. I haven't read a book in so long, it's horrible.
Rejhan chapter 76 . 10/18/2005
lol! You had me laughing with Akira's line - "Are you dead yet? Cause if you aren't, we could come back later." Totally loved that bit! And the fighting was awesome as usual. You really have a knack for fight scenes. Can't wait for the next update!
Alexander chapter 76 . 10/17/2005
Great chapter, Kylewin. I especially liked the way the Arlean was making Kanata's blood boil. Excellent writing once again. I'm really looking forward to how four Super Oozarous will turn the tide in this war...

Keep up the good work.
Nova Flame chapter 76 . 10/16/2005
Aw, come on! Surely 30 more chapters wouldn't be too hard for you. Look on the bright side, at least you wouldn't have nightmares like Akira (just a little ironic, don't you think?)Just kidding. I actually need to get cranking on mine. This next chapter should be coming out soon if everything goes well.

I loved the fight scene; it went about as well as I'd expected it to go. I kind of figure with the slave device, that the Arlean skipped free thought and massive power so he could mass produce the slaves. Those two attributes alone would take a long time to develop in a clone, so by giving it the minimum requirements, it can still be super strong in less time (not that the clones need to talk when they're devistating everything in sight). I am surprised that you're suggesting turning Goten, Pan, Trunks, and Gohan into SS4. I guess I should've seen it coming, and that that would possibly be the only option they have, but it's an interesting idea. Are you going to have Goten and Trunks fuse, too?

Well, not much to say this time around. I await the next chapter. (*cough*thirty*cough*)
darksupersayian chapter 76 . 10/16/2005
Yeah, not caring is good. And it's good that they are going to go level 4. I'm kinda surprised that Vegeta hasn't managed to regrow his tail yet though and go level 4. But anyway keep it up.
Francis Keenan chapter 76 . 10/16/2005
Good chapter, so the Arlean is now running scared. I hope Kanata or one of the Z fighters will tell him that Kanata went back in time to create an alternative timeline and what about Akira clones 02 and 01. Well one of them might have been killed off, the other is still around and from what you've said, tthe survivors of the original three aren't mindless zombies like the rest of the clones. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and how Kanata finds a way to redeem himself for the atrocities he's committed during the past ten years. If Vegeta can change from being an evil killer that only killed for the fun of it for decades to a good guy, then ten years ought to be walk in the park and since Kanata only did what he thought was right, I think.
donkeykong27 chapter 76 . 10/16/2005
Hah! Bulma always does come prepared, doesn't she? Nice chapter, it was fun to read. I was feeling kind of bad for Kanata for a sec, but I think you handled the million-on-one odds pretty well. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Cheers!