Reviews for Absence of Heart
Sqully chapter 12 . 3/25/2005
I really love your stories! Great fic! Never would of guessed it!
Lisa chapter 12 . 3/12/2005
Just a few technical points..

police officers are only allowed to fire their weapon to kill - not wound.

assault is the threat of physical violence, battery is the actual physical contact, there is probably a website you can look up the common law or criminal code for new york. If it's a criminal code system - then once you find the criminal code you will find all the technical information you ned for a charge, then for the technicalities of arresting someone etc there should be a type of Justices Act or something similar - which has the details of evidence, arresting someone, warrants etc.

Bear in mind the writers on svu are lawyers or have lawyers to consult for technical information.
Lisa chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
That was excellent - all the points of a regular SVU story. The only real difference is a bit more technical information in SVU but that will come with time and research. Great job.
NateSean chapter 12 . 1/1/2005
Actually, considering the normal flow of stories on , having a typical "girl-gets-raped" story is a breath of fresh air. (Not the actual event mind you)

But you handled this fic very well and I'll read more of your work soon.
NateSean chapter 11 . 1/1/2005
I doubt Benson would have fired her gun unless there was a clear case of someone's life being in danger. But I don't know. It just doesn't seem right that she would shoot a minor. If it was a clear case of Tony being the murderer, the entire squad might have set themselves up around the area, incase he did try to run. Otherwise that's the one criticism I have.
NateSean chapter 10 . 1/1/2005
The interrogation was done very well.
NateSean chapter 9 . 1/1/2005
We had a couple foreign exchange students in my school. The ones who are sent to study abroad usually speak very good English, they'd have to since being an exchange student is an educational experience, and reading and speaking the language is an aspect of learning about another culture.

However, we did have students who's families had just moved to America also, and they took an English as a Second language class because they didn't speak the language well either. Its just as plausible to think that a student who was distressed about the death of his close friend would revert to his native tongue.
NateSean chapter 7 . 1/1/2005
The chorus of "good nights" echoed around the squad room as each member picked up their things and exited the room, leaving behind a quiet, dark, secluded place where only at night could the atmosphere reflect the atrocities it was witness to during daylight hours.

I really like this line. Very emotional and thought provoking.
NateSean chapter 6 . 1/1/2005
For posession with intent to sell, I'd imagine five years would be the minimum if its a first time offense. Or the Judge might just slap him on the wrist and send him off, that happens anywhere. 20 years maximum, this is not out of personal experience mind you, ;)

No problem with Munch at all, I think you handled his character nicely at this point.
NateSean chapter 5 . 1/1/2005
I like how you keep everyone in character. Munch and Fin, Stabler and Benson are interacting the way they always do in the series.

Plus the build up isn't too rushed or too contrived. Do you have any original stories, maybe on fictionpress?
NateSean chapter 2 . 1/1/2005
Another good chapter. It flowed well, and I'm glad to see that you decided to avoid the long over done "relationship" plotlines. It just makes the story less interesting imho.
NateSean chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
I liked the beginning of this very much. Too few of the SVU fics actually focus on what the show is about, and with all the "EO" stories I've seen, its nice to read a decent serious fic for once.
jankmusic chapter 12 . 12/19/2004
This was Wicked Awesome
BlueCrimson4Ever chapter 11 . 12/13/2004
EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT CHAPPIE!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE ASAP!
jankmusic chapter 9 . 11/14/2004
I am giving you two dozen cookies! Yum Yum! They're not Oatmeal Raisin, and in fact, they're your favorite kind, whichever that may be!

Anyway, wonderful Chapter. You leave such suspense. Your lucky I didn't burn those cookies...