Reviews for Some Things Are Necessary
Miss Raye chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
poor poor man... and yet i love that he's so torn... i'm not a margaret fan... NOT AT ALL... so :D
Mik N'jirnav chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Wow, incredibly good stuff!
Vee22 chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
I'm a big fan of the Amelia Peabody series and only just discovered that there was a fandom here.

Nice oneshot. It's good to read something from Sethos's point of view, he's such a mysterious character in the books. Don't blame him for still being in love with Amelia...she's awesome!
LisaT chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
This is really good! Amelia, Emerson, Ramses - they're spot on. Sethos seems a little too ... wistful, almost, but then I suppose it's his wedding day and he's entitled. Personally, I always wondered if there was a real reason for the mysterious and oft-mentioned resemblance between MM and APE.

Minor nitpick: it's concessions to allow the MARITAL state to flourish, although I'm sure the army would agree with the 'martial' bit...
SG-Fan chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Poor Sethos.

This was really good! I hope you post all your other fics..
Sleepy Lotus chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
wow. heartbreaking, yet beautifull written. you really captured the sethos/amelia angst is this one. brilliant!
MorganB chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
I like this! I really liked your interpretation of the Sethos-Margaret dynamic and relationship. I wasn't really convinced of it in the books. This is maybe a little bleaker than I would see it - I think he does have more tenderness for her than that, but that she is essentially a replacement. He may have moved on from the urgency of his passion with Amelia, but it is not forgotten.

I also liked seeing in Sethos' mind, since we never get such a chance in the books. Have you written any other Amelia Peabody fics?
Laiqualaurelote chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
AT LAST! An Amelia Peabody fic on this site. AT last.

You have got Ramses very in character there. Although I don't exactly agree with your interpretation of Sethos's relationship with Margaret. I like to think he loves Margaret for herself (he would rather be single than be satisfied with a 'simulacrum' of Amelia, perhaps) but then MPM said it was open to interpretation, after all.

At least I found this. It's good.
crazycatluver chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Pretty funny, keep up the good work... ( by the way, you sound a hole lot like my friend Amelia just to lets ya knows)
me chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
hey! I love those books... that was a pretty good story. The dialogue between Ramses and Sethos about David's wedding was absolutely perfect! I was cracking up...way to go
PsychoLioness chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
Great! Loved it actually! I'm thinking you ought to write some more Amelia Peabody stuff, cos I've only ever found a few things and that series is great!