Reviews for Bug
InTheShadowOfSignificance chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
I'm so late to read and review this, oh well.

This was a perfect character study of both Miyako and Ken, you've mastered the element of subtlety in relaying themes, both through conversation and narration. I expected the ending line to come as soon as he had pulled the beetle from her hair, but I'm glad you waited, it was way more impacting where you placed it.

The way you describe Ken's astoundingly different social status and lifestyle in contrast with Miyako's was wonderful, you get a feel for the large difference between the two at the early points of the series. It feels especially absurd because they have similar upbringings and boil down to much of the same character once you pick away at them enough. I think that's what makes Ken's flawlessly concealed condescension so appealing to me here, not only is it in character, it's going to come back to bite him tenfold as his defenses unravel and he is splayed out in front of the digi-destined, pining but shying away from mercy. For all of his calculations and snubbing, he'll eventually realize that he and Miyako are no that different.

Another thing I really enjoyed, your mastery of the characters' personalities and body language. To list a few things (because they deserve way more recognition than I can give) Miyako's awkwardness, overzealous inner monologues often full of self-doubt, and especially the way they interfere with how cunning she can be. She notices that something is off, but approaches the situation like she approaches Ken, with trust and nievete. In terms of Ken, his (very artfully implied) sense of superiority, not only intellectually, but in terms of grace and social standing. He sits in the park like a prince on a pedistal, and in Miyako's eyes, he sort of is.

Okay, I'm done rambling and being less-than-constructive. This was a very refreshing and thoroughly characterized piece. I adore your work.
Squit Ayumin chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Wow, this was amazing! I don't know what else to say other than that!
Jlgjt chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
I like this one; it's sort of like what happened with Ken and Davis on the soccer field, just before the game in which they were opponents (the episode in which we see that the Emperor/Kaiser is Ken), only with a completely freaking out Yolei (bug in the hair, cheap girl humor but still funny lol). The last line is really creepy, particularly after seeing Ken's well-crafted performance. Maybe you should write a sequel where this incident is talked about after Ken joins the team. Good job; going in my favs!
stickynotelover chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
o.O Creepy Ken! Yeah I'd probably to the same thing Miyako did. Wait! What am I saying? I have done what Miyako did! Except I don't normally scream, unless it's on the ground and about the size of my big toe, then I literally run away screaming! It was interesting, I liked it!
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
Whoa... that was a little creepy at the end, even if we all know he eventually got a better attitude.
SVZ chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
This is a very well written and interesting piece. I love how Ken acts like such a perfect gentleman and how insects connection. I like the ending especially, because it's incredibly in character.
MistressRaven1605 chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
WRITE MORE... I loved it... write more write more... it such a good story -
blasw chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
What a cool story!I can only say"that is the real Ken!"I love it !
sexypancake chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
that was a cool fic. i like the weird way ken acts. it's evil! _!
Megan The Vampire Slayer chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
It was a cool story. I liked it alot. If you would continue it, that would be cool too. Keep up the good work! :)
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
I almost feel like not reviewing your stories anymore because as a rule they're always so wonderful.

Yolei's ideal image of Ken.

Ken when he was under Millienniumon's dark spore infection.

And of course the standard look at the forgotten plot point. In this case, Ken thinking the digital world was just a game.
KOI Seracus chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
O.o Warped. And I mean that in a good way. _ You do a very awesome job at keeping them in character. I loved it!
Seine chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
poor bug...
yolei-kens-lover chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
one word: CONTINUE
taichi rules chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
a very clever piece. excellent.