Reviews for Making Peace
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
hilarious! :))))) i could totally imagine that situations you created!
Konoha's White Fang chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
This was an amazing one shot but I would absolutely love it if you ever decided to continue it, please, pretty pretty please? It has a lot of potential!

KWF
maliciousqueen chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Finally, a good SD fic. I laughed so hard reading this, and I don't think they were pansified. Lol. Agree with you on Kogure, though.
Kaiser Washington chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Dude this story was really nice. :) I'll go on with the rest of the series. It feels really good to come across a lighthearted story once in a while-the angst is killing me.
link55-06 chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
I enjoyed reading the banter between Miyagi and Mitsui. You can see through all the insults that they respect each other in their own way. Thanks for writing this fic.
firedraygon chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Oh wow this fic is just so perfect! Everything about how Miyagi's insecure, Mitsui has his endless pride, and how their banter just fits is beautiful. XD I love your work!
Ju chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Like this very much.

PS. Miyagi calls Sakuragi by his first name.
Hisashi Loves Yelen chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
The childish part of me isn't pleased that Mitsui is made subservient (well, almost anyway) to Miyagi but whatever; we shall ignore that.

I don't really know what to say, except that I'm glad you write SD fics because you, unlike many people posting stuff in this category, can write more than adequately well. It also helps that you understand the characters, so that my darling Mitsui is so my darling Mitsui and not some ass trying to pass off as Mitsui but failing miserably. Your characterisation of Miyagi is spot-on too.

I also loved the dialogue between the two of them. It's funny without being pointless, with just the right touch of sentiment (as opposed to sentimentality but I don't know what's the right word for it so hopefully you get my point) that gives it substance. I also really liked the bit where Mitsui talks a little about his captain days in junior high. I thought it was really spot-on too! And funny, of course.

All in all, I really enjoyed your fic. Please write more Mitsui fics. I can't get enough of him! Me and him should get married!
Yohko-Sakura chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
So...This had taken place after the manga. As far as I can remember, you have tied the strings nicely,: the events have followed what has 'canonically' transpired and you have portrayed the characters well enough to give the life I had expected from this story. I have read "Threshold" beforehand and it got me curious enough to check out the your other fanfics and it seems that I'm not going to be disaapointed XD. Though I like Threshold better (I'm such a drama queen like Fujima).

And yeah, Kogure could be such a pansy (even he doesn't admit it).
Calliope Medina Erato chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
The usual excuse of me at work so I can't sign in. Anyway, this is a great work. Few people write a non-yaoi miyagi-mitsui that's as in depth as this one. The idea of these two talking like typical friends even if they bicker like children.

And no, they are not alpha male assholes (the Shohoku team that is) they're just a team with troublemakers as their starting members. As for the bench members..ok, so maybe they ARE a bunch of pansies.

Reiterating, this is a great work. I also liked the second one (Fishing). I'm looking forward to the Captains series on Kainan and Shoyo, esepcially with Fujima's situation as coach and captain.
emberlion chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
The piece really flows naturally... i liked the chemistry between those two. and though they squabble but their friendship actually shows out more strongly cos of they way they can scold each other but still talk about serious stuff.

ok, so the next chap will be on Ryonan?cant wait, cos Sendoh's my fav.
KnoT chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Wow, your writing is becoming downright amazing.

The way you had Mitsui and Miyagi's personalties bounce off each other was immensely entertaining. Their dialogue between each other was natural and completely in character, and I liked the way you had them argue almost childishly to emphasize that they're just normal (okay, a bit arrogant) guys. Still, you kept a dry, witty bit of humor throughout the piece that never interfered with the plot, but gave your writing a distinct flair that is very enjoyable.

The blending from that light-hearted tone the two shared to having them get serious and connect with each other was done superbly. The transition in the dialogue really flowed, and the thinking that went on behind Miyagi and Mitsui while they chatted was done expertly. I liked how you had Miyagi kept his guard up at first when he thought about how Mitsui had beat the stuffing out of him before, then let them share their thoughts together more easily. Even the rush of thoughts that Miyagi has at moments is done beautifully.

The mentioning of the other characters was also placed apporpriately, and I thought it was perfect to have Miyagi reflect about the Sannoh game and think of it as almost a dream. The way you paced everything was also wonderfully done, and I liked how there would be moments of serious, dramatic reading when Miyagi and Mitsui really connected with one another- and suddenly that cover of drama would be lifted for funny moments, then descend again seamlessly, such as the part when Mitsui told Miyagi to just call him by his normal name.

That little jab about yaoi at the end was absolutely great, and I thought it made it much more funny to have Ayako around to have Miyagi say he had slept with Mitsui. Haha, poor guy.

The ending was creative, and really fit the trouble-making sides of both Miyagi and Mitsui. I liked so many things about this fic... hell, I liked everything about this. Stunning work. I'm looking forward to the future chapters.

And you're right. The Shohoku bench is a bunch of pansies. _