Reviews for Ninth Gate: Corso's Choice
MozenrathLuvr chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I though it could have ended like this when I saw the movie. I am NOT a fan of the movie as it scared the hell out of me. But...meh...I'll watch you for more Ninth Gate fiction as you write a good story.
LCF chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Nicely done. That said, for the life of me, I just can't see Dean Corso going as far as he did, only to walk away.

The Girl chose him for a reason, after all, & I doubt it was to "return the keys" to The Ninth Gate.

Still, this story, and it's protagonist, are sadly underused in Fan Fiction. Glad to see you aren't following that trend...

LCF

(yes, THAT "LCF!")
alidragon chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Loved the frist part of the movie as well. Ending lost it for me. Like yours much better.
Arianstar chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
wonderful job an ending I can finally be happy with, you did a wonderful job on this...brilliant work and i was glad to find it. :)
Meggie Dodge chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
A good alternative. And besides making better sense than the movie, it leaves Corso his dignity as the film does not. If only the book could have been filmed as written: that would _really_ be worth turning Polanski and Depp loose on.
Shire cat chapter 1 . 11/9/2005
Your stories rock!
HBPattskyn chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
I liked your ending much better than the original - and I concure - the first two thirds of the movie (I've never read the book) were much better than the eneding.

I also wanted to comment that although I haven't left many other reviews, your work is truly wonderful and I've been enjoying your stories sitting back and taking a day to do absolutely nothing but read and relax!

Helen Pattskyn
0000DELETED0000 chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
Yay! He didn't go to Hell! That was always one thing that bugged me about the story...I hate it when people go to hell!
mssparrington chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Good story! It seems a sensible course of action. Just one small thing. I'm pretty sure he had another pair of glasses at the end of the movie. No idea what happened in the book, as I never read it.
the Unrequited Lover chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
I highly doubt that is what he did. You're making a completely wonderful sinner into a saint. You know full well that he went to hell. And Green Eyes helped him get there, the Devil. But the ending was great:

"There was no reason to drive as if the devil were after him, after all..."

Because she wasn't, was she? She just stood there, probably with that smile pasted onto her face.
Banjo chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
cool! loved the film, and loved your original take on the ending... ill review again when ive read the ones which come after it!
Lykosdracos chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
Forgot to mention Robert Rodriguez. Brilliant man, and cute too, but I admire him for his personality and everything else. wow. I've seen all the extras in OUTAIM and I whole heartedly admire the man. lol.

Now Roman Polanski. wow. another amazing director. have you seen The Pianist? It rocked, played with all the emotions. lol.

But Lucifer does mean "light-bearer

- a very well-read person, and he knows what he's talking about. :)

The figure was a few yards away...it was the girl

- welcoming him home?

He caught one last glimpse of her, shaking her head as the Gate closed.

- so he chose to live. not to submit to leaving his otherwise unlived life. lol

There was no reason to drive as if the devil were after him, after all...

- heh heh. peace be, Dean Corso
LadySparrowJack chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
I like it - very much! I never did like the way the movie left us hanging... In spite of my full agreement with you of Polanski's brilliance, I always wanted a different ending - like yours. Never wanted to think of lovely Corso disappearing into Hell...

Bravo!
Crashdog chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
It was a good movie and your possible ending is, too. Any chance of another short where Corso enters the Gate?
Dawnie-7 chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Well,I don't like this movie,hate it Johnny Depp movie I don't like in ,my friend,I love you too much to not read your stuff so here I it was very good if I do say so myself,which I do.