Reviews for Even the Gods Must Pay Their Due
Cookizilla chapter 2 . 2/26
...I suppose this story is dead now that it's passed its five years a chapter update rate. ; v ;
justareader chapter 2 . 6/20/2016
Brilliant! :)
Rahar Moonfire chapter 2 . 8/16/2014
This is cool. Why did you stop updating? I'm addicted T_T
Komiv chapter 2 . 8/10/2014
Ohh, this story is so much fun. The clash between the two groups is really entertaining to read already. Would love to see more of this if you ever pick it back up!
Aracertariel chapter 2 . 7/13/2014
This is quite good. I think I'll just let it sit around on my alert list until you get around to posting more of it.
TrisakAminawn chapter 2 . 8/8/2013
Hee! What a great coincidental encounter. With the random demand for a duel and all. Could have used a little more description on the kid and maybe a theme to his deck to solid him up a bit, and at one point you put 'breathe' where you meant 'breath.'

Were Daniel and Teal'c going to check out who was asking after him, or did they just happen to be going to Cairo? Also, does Teal'c speak Japanese? We know all the other participants in these conversations do, and the Yuugis have *only* Japanese and maybe ancient Egyptian, so I would have expected Teal'c to be unable to communicate with them, except maybe through a limited pidgin of related goa'uld and egyptian words and Yuugi's fragmentary English. But he joins into conversations that have to have been in Japanese, so I guess he picked it up at some point?

Although of course canonically he's fluent in English for *no reason at all,* so I guess he could slide into Japanese too...? Hang on, did the random Egyptian kid also speak Japanese? Did he learn it for the sake of the Battle City tournament? Maybe he's a Kaiba fan...

Gah. It's Stargate's fault. Making your lead a linguist and then playing fast and loose with linguistics is a bad call.

Anyway, both parties accusing the other of being Goa'uld was a funny situation. Daniel's eventual curiosity about Malik addressing Yuugi as 'Pharaoh' is going to be fun to deal with. The general incredulity at Malik winning the mental war against a Goa'uld is going to be a nuisance to deal with. Explaining about his history with mind control is probably contraindicated.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Heh. I like a Malik that's still moderately evil. After all, he was a crazy sadist in his own right, and overdoing his repentance seems to cheapen the whole of it. I also like this point of contact - everyone does SG-1 crossovers, and the three most common modes of connection have been done to death.
Miss Ming chapter 2 . 1/25/2013
i really hope you post another chapter on this, it's amazing!
The Black Rose16 chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
This is such a fascinating beginning. I really do hope that you continue soon.
Strumwulf chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
Interesting start, and nice set-up for part of SG-1 and Yugi to meet. Hope you continue this at some point.
Mimi MC chapter 2 . 8/1/2012
Okay, seriously? You ditched a story with a massive cliffhanger like that? Damn good idea though. I really hope there is more. It's like dangling a piece of ham in front of a dog.
Snake of Medusa chapter 2 . 6/10/2012
Unexpected awesome is surprisingly awesome and I'm looking forward to more chapters! Please?
TexasDreamer01 chapter 2 . 1/2/2012
Oh, this is good. I've never read many crossovers, but this one takes the cake. I'd be happy to extend what help I can offer if that means you'll finish this.

brittney
Kryal chapter 2 . 11/21/2011
I just wanted to say, this is AMAZING. I've hunted for good YGO/SG1 crossovers for some time, and they seem to be plagued with strange plot devices, out of character behavior, or poor writing. (Well, be fair. Sturgeon's Law most definitely applies to fanfic.)

This? Everyone feels in-character, the situation feels realistic, and the way everyone comes together makes SENSE, rather than feeling like a string of implausible connections pulled by the authors to get everyone in one place.

Query: are you using the dub timeline or the sub timeline? (I just ask because I'm working on two YGO/SG1 crossovers myself, and have been doing a lot of research into Egyptian history. I'd love to share notes!)
CyberRavin chapter 2 . 5/28/2011