Reviews for When Arthur Met Ford
Tracey chapter 1 . 12/17/2004
This was great! But before I continue with the actual review, let me explain how I found this story. I was checking for new Eowyn/Faramir fics, came across your really adorable hammock story, and then decided I'd check to see if you'd written any others because I had come to the conclusion you were a good writer.

Then, I noticed this one (among all the Harry Potter (also a favorite) and other LOTR stuff) and decided that I'd check out a Hitchiker's story, though I've never read a fanfic one before. I think you did an excellent job of mimicing Adams' writing style. Did you have any suggestions for other Hitchiker reading materials since I now trust your judgment (based on this well-written and enjoyable story)?

Oh, and if you, by some slim chance, hadn't heard, they're making another movie of Hitchiker's. But I imagine it'll be a bit above the old one special-effects-wise. Oh, and do take some time to read Adams' book The Salmon of Doubt if you haven't already. It's a laugh-a-second (as opposed to a minute).
Kleenexwoman chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
Very clever. I like the joke about the bachelor party. May steal it for myself.
winchester psi chapter 1 . 10/3/2004
Aww, how sweet. They didn't remember. Anyway... parties to celebrate bachelorhood. Awesome. This is a pretty good little fic here, just a cute little one-off...

Best. Disclaimer. Ever.

I'm off.
Minor God chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
wow. I actually enjoyed that.

thanks :}
domino.dice chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
O.O Pardon me Mr. Adams... I thought you had most unfortunately died. I suppose you just migrated to

XD This is great. Very authentic, good detail, well chosen words, and all in all very enjoyable. This is a total knockout! (that sounded stupid... Well I loved it at any rate.) *thumbs up*
Migratory chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Very adams-y indeed. You've got the brilliantly quirky details and observations that Adams did so well.

The only criticisms I have is of the Americanisms...

#he had just recently moved out of his small apartment into his new home#

-It's 'flat' not apartment.

#getting hit in the head with a jar of peanut butter #

-peanut butter didn't really catch on here that early.

#Yeah, okay,
Shikala chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
That was good, in a drunken, hazy, stumbling way. Good characterization, fitting plot.
Guin chapter 1 . 8/15/2004
Fab stuff. a nice little one-off. Well done! vEry good.
Elendraug chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Very cute side story; I enjoyed it. The part about Zaphod's multiple bachelor parties made me giggle. Great job!
Crazyowl chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
This story is brilliant! Ford and Arthur were completely in character, and the humour is witty and fits the universe perfectly. Keep up the great work!
TeenTypist chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
Hehe. This was great! Very Douglas Adams. I love Ford. Ford rocks. Shoes!
Spooky-Cactus chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
Funny, in character, drunk.. _ Love the bit about Zaphod's bachelor parties. Very good.