Reviews for The Lost Kingdom of Cardolan
Thug-4-Less chapter 27 . 9/22/2006
Were those red shirts a subtle Star Trek reference? Are you an even larger nerd than I gave you credit for Alice? Heheh.

Anyway, I loved the chapter, though the mysteries just seem to keep rising all around our intrepid heroes. Is intrepid the right word? Pfft, I'm too lazy to go back and change it now. I'm ranting so that's a good time to skoot.

Daemon hunter chapter 26 . 9/8/2006
How interesting. There are actually Lord of the Rings fanfics out there that are very enjoyable and worthwhile to read. I like this story very much. There's suspense, there's romance, there's evil orcsies that are asking to be slain, need I say more? There's a little bit of everything intermingled in this story and it all fits so well. Concerning this chapter... I'm sure the lycanthropy will prove to be interesting as time goes by, especially in a difficult situation. Anyway I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Thug-4-Less chapter 26 . 8/28/2006
A shifter, huh? Now things'll really get interesting. Heh. They might have made a mistake? That dude is the master of understatement. Oh well, hindsights a gloating bastard.

Candace McPenguin chapter 6 . 8/27/2006
Baranor is cool. The tension between him and Nirnadel makes for a good story.
Candace McPenguin chapter 5 . 8/27/2006
Oh, that was cool. Those punks got it. I dig the double life of Nirnadel.
C. Shannon chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Wow, this is one fantastic story, I like the innovative background, your characters, your writing style (few grammar mistakes, thats worth a lot around here) in general. Its definitely outstanding due to its setting and you manage to make it come alive. Valandil and Mercartur remind me very much of Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo in that series about Rome, though, of course, Valandil has a lot less of Vorenus than Mercatur of Pullo.

Well, so far for now, I hope for an update some time in the future, Id really like to see how the Mithril Room (did you take your inspiration from the Amber Room that was lost in WWII?) turns out.
Thug-4-Less chapter 25 . 8/21/2006
I definitely like Mercatur's reaction to the demon and the line about him being brave and not stupid. One thing that puzzled me is why they don't seem to have more men-at-arms/knights/soldiers? Didn't the Prince get killed in that region? I would think they would have a few more fighter types than our favorite knight and mercenary.

Anyway, good luck with the school thing. You like the pain, I think. Heh.
Thug-4-Less chapter 23 . 8/19/2006
Hey, Alice! Glad to see you're coming back to Cardolan! They missed you, I'm sure.

Not much to say except that it was short and sweet but that's to be expected after long absences.

Anyway, hope everything's cool with you.

Later,
Candace McPenguin chapter 4 . 8/2/2006
Hiya cuz. I like this, but I think I like your writing in Fortune better. I can see how you've really improved your characters and dialog. I do like this though.

The Valandil/Mercatur pair seem familiar, but are different enough to be refreshing. I'm curious who this Dardan fellow is.
Candace McPenguin chapter 3 . 7/27/2006
oh, lots of skullduggery here.
Candace McPenguin chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Oh man, that Witch King... Ok cuz, off to the next chap.
Leppy chapter 22 . 5/26/2006
Come on, why have you stopped?

It is so good! Please, continue. I am hooked and can't wait to know what happens next!

Cheers,

Leppy
Thug-4-Less chapter 22 . 3/25/2006
I'm still liking your handle on the political intrigue aspect. I'd almost forgotten about poor Kaile and The Princess. I also find the Witch-King portions rather disturbing, which is a good thing, and hope to see more of them in the future.

Hope you're back soon.

Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 21 . 3/16/2006
There is a minor mistake in your story: The heroes of the First Age cannot be buried on the Barrow Downs. They lived in Beleriand which was west of the Ered Luin and lost to the sea after the War of Wrath which ended the First Age.

I've got a little question: The old man clad in grey which visited Silmarien in chapter 9? Was that Gandalf?
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 7 . 3/14/2006
Well, it seems that you played "The Thieves of Tharbad". It was a good andventure and you are doing a good job writing a novel around it.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »