Reviews for That Empty Feeling
KatsyKat chapter 6 . 12/28/2007
A very touching story. I will say I felt like either your timeline was a bit screwy - or that you milked the early signs of starvation - but otherwise, this was a wonderful read.
Clockwork Mockingbird chapter 6 . 11/23/2007
I almost cried. It sounds just like something Kaoru would do. I loved this story, it was perfect. Meep!
cherrystraw chapter 6 . 8/29/2007
Really good! I'm glad i read it.
poems2songs chapter 6 . 8/20/2007
wonderful story... really liked it... very touching... wonder how kenshin got back kaoru's stuff though... but good job... great work...
Shenyu chapter 6 . 4/12/2007
Well, I'll admit that I am guilty of skipping straight from second Chapter to the last Chapter. But I don't seem to have missed much. I like the premise of this story, and I enjoy the ending, but the story would be so much better if it were shorter.

The simple subject is that kaoru is starving herself and selling her precious belongings to make money to feed her boarders. There are various inconsistencies in the story that fail to grab the reader.

For example, it's common knowledge that a person won't survive for a week being fed only half a cup of tea a day. Even if by some miracle that he/she doesn't fall into a coma from starvation, he/she certainly won't have half the energy needed to run errands, much less spar!

Also, Megumi and tae, in the RK universe, wouldn't keep a secret like Kaoru starving herself, since that is idiotic. They care about Kaoru, and they sure as hell won't see her starve and work herself to death at the same time.

All the flaws aside though, the story would have been better if it were compressed into three chapters. First chapter introducing her ordeal and what she has to go through, second chapter being where the main plot is unfolded, and the third chapter being an epic conclusion.

I still somewhat enjoyed the story, and obviously care enough about it that I would review it. But my point stands that this can be so much better, and I hope you improve in the future.
Ahria chapter 6 . 3/22/2007
That was interesting concept. I liked the story. _
piwqefjk chapter 6 . 12/18/2006
That was a beautiful story - and just like the kind of thing Kaoru would do, if that situation ever came up.
AmberLeaves chapter 6 . 8/7/2006
Kaoru is such an angel, no?
Serphtears chapter 6 . 8/7/2006
- Aw Great story!
shara gurl chapter 6 . 2/17/2006
you baka! you made me cry this is soo good write more
EagleBlaze954 chapter 6 . 1/30/2006
Keep up the very good work!
mabui miyoko chapter 5 . 9/22/2005
normally i don't make comments, but i really loved this story, it was well writen and the plot was lovely and all the characters were in .. well their characters... there was little to none OOC... just saying i loved this fan fic and i hope to see more of ur writing so don't stop
Angel81 chapter 6 . 9/11/2005
good story
Disneyjunkie13 chapter 3 . 8/22/2005
good story
Anonyma chapter 6 . 6/21/2005
Poor, stupid, stubborn little Tanuki-chan!

Congratulations! You did this story very well! I like how you describe Kaoru-chan's feelings and thougths - she really can be as stubborn as Ken-chan... -.-

I have you in my Author Alert list - hope to hear from you soon, ne? *winks*