Reviews for Plum Blossom
writeeofpassage chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Absolutely beautiful. :)
JannahCool chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Wow...great job! Kevin's back story was brutal, but that's the whole purpose behind the "village", its apealing BECAUSE these people experiences brutality in their lives and are/were desperate to escape it. I really enjoyed this!
Ladywilde chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
You are a very beautiful writer - i enjoyed this sory very much -Thanks !
QueenTatooine chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
I am also a fan of the Village. The only real problem I had with your story is the fact that his grandparents did not know hiw parents died of AIDS, they did not die at the same time, and such knowledge of how they died, would be common knowlege. A whole family dieing of AIDS would be big news, even with their deaths so far apart. This was really only a minor thing though. Other than that, very good.

QueenTatooine
Gabi Web chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Nicely done. Very moving, very real. (I'm a huge fan of The Village, too-and this was really well done!) Good job!
Ninja Chic chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
you... are... brilliant...so...so...brilliant! my god i love this! i was so scared to see the village then my friend ij dragged me to it and i saw it and was all, this is brilliant! just like your story, ive been wanting to do a story on the village but i fear ill never be as good as you, kevin was an awsome character and youve captured his essence in a way i could never explain!
Nick Demus chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
What should I say. The movie has finally been released in Germany this weekend, and I saw it yesterday, and I cant turn away from it. Not a single minute. Im listening to the wonderful score right now, easily one of, if not THE most beautiful of my huge collection of movie scores, and Im in awe. In awe of everything this movie does, says, shows, implements, suggests, tells, warns and wants us to see.

I found out that it already gave birth to FF stories, and where to start but at the very end, the first one, yours.

So I read it, and I sit here, just read it, tears rolling down my eyes. Im back in that theatre, the visuals, the audio, the music, the atmosphere, everything is returned to me. I will certainly read a lot of stuff this night, but yuors was the first. The invitation to visit the village again. I find it fitting that my digging through this story archive starts with the story about Kevin. The one from outside. Isnt he like everyone of us? In awe of that idea? In awe of that village? Arent we all trying to cope with our miseralble lifes, and are we not all failing? Failing like everyone around us? I am so with him, there, on that road, staring into emptiness and thinking... thinking... thinking...

Thanks for your story, the prologue to my return to the village.
McKay chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
It's well-written, but I don't see what his family dying of AIDS has to do with anything except upping the angst factor. But different strokes for different folks, and you certainly can write.
elleth tasare chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
aw that's sad. very good, i like the way you made Kevin already know about the village. i have 2 village fics... *hint hint* lol, if you could critique them i'd really apprciate it.
it takes a village chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
This story was absolutely fantastic. Excellent job, there's really nothing more to say than that. Oh, except "keep writing", of course!
The Phantom chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Very elegant, especially the ending. A nice, simple read. The shot of Kevin in the patrol car was a very powerful image, and I think you did a good job of conveying what he might have been thinking.

Bravo!

Phantom
Kielle chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Damn. That was actually quite good. I'm a sucker for a for story about a minor character, and I daresay this is a wonderful piece of "fanon." Thank you!
Julie chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
I
Trickster's-Lulaby chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Very good. I really liked Kevin's character in the movie and enjoyed reading a fanfic about him.
Nix Entente chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
Awesome. This is really, really good. Great characterization...and...and I can't say anything else. This is really amazing, and sweet, and I just find it very touching, which is saying something for me. -_-

10 out of 10.