Reviews for The Girl in the Mirror
Wow!
rainbowfish22 chapter 6 . 12/30/2009
I really like this! :D.
AshleyInWriterland chapter 6 . 8/26/2009
That was a beautiful way to end it. I don't think Nessa would've really thought about her hair, but this was still a beautiful way to end it. Especially when she meets Boq when she's at the cross between life and death...
AshleyInWriterland chapter 5 . 8/26/2009
-"Perhaps... a change in the weather." She says, her voice echoing off the walls of the chamber.- Oh my gosh every time I hear/see/read this line I always just want to yell the heck at Madame Morrible and quite possibly hit her. You still gave me that sensation with the way you wrote out that little scene between her and the Wizard. Good job :).

-Glinda has never felt so numb in her life. A small, detached part of her wonders at it, the complete lack of pain. She had expected to be broken, torn down into little tiny pieces of herself. She had expected to bawl, wail at the sky, at fate for taunting her so. Instead she just feels numb.- I'm glad you decided to have her feel numb at first and then start crying. It seems a lot more Glindaish. once again, good job.

-As Morrible continues, Glinda hears the distant rumble of thunder. It echoes the rumble of her empty heart.- *clences teeth and raises fist at Madame Morrible*

Good job. I really like you writing style, and you're very in character.
AshleyInWriterland chapter 4 . 8/26/2009
You're so great with putting her in character. Really. And I loved the childhood scene in this chapter.

Off to read chapter 5...
AshleyInWriterland chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
-AN: I thought Nessa's shoes turned red from Elphaba's spell? Meep... well, I'm not mentioning the colour again, so I'll leave it for now.- They did. They shine a red light over her shoes so they appear ruby. They don't do that for the curtain call, though.

-Boq was always the one who brushed her hair.

Suddenly feeling heavier, Nessa backs up from the mirror and sits in the chair in the corner of the room. When she couldn't do things for herself, she could always count on Boq to be at her side, willingly or not. Now that she is independant, she is alone.- Aw :'(

I like the way you write Glinda, too.
AshleyInWriterland chapter 2 . 8/26/2009
Once again, also liked chapter 2 :)

-People had always seen 'the girl in the chair', and not herself: the daughter of the governor of Munchkinland; alumna of Shiz University; a pretty girl who likes to read and has a talent for art. There is so much that people don't understand about her, because they never take the time to see beyond her limitations. Nessarose sighs as she realizes that she doesn't know how to connect with other people.- That was beautiful and is so far my favorite paragraph from the story.
AshleyInWriterland chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Oh, I really like this so far! I plan on reading the whole story tonight (well, I guess technically some tonight and somet this morning, seeing as midnight's right around the corner). One thing though:

-She would have been just as happy carrying on with the facade, pretending that Boq was with her out of his own free will and not because she was the Governess.- This is actually a common mistake I find in a lot of Nessa fics, and I did it once too. She's actually governor; governesses are nannies (like Mary Poppins).
magdilen chapter 6 . 9/26/2008
Interesting- good job.

In a way, I pity Boq the most of all the characters.
RachelAe chapter 6 . 1/30/2008
Wow. That was a sad story. It was nice to see a Nessa fic for once. Yeah, Elphaba is an extraordinary character, but she also gets all the attention. Nessa's beautifully tragic too.
Zarrian chapter 5 . 9/6/2007
great job! off i go to rhe next chapter!
Zarrian chapter 4 . 9/6/2007
Hi! I just found this story through the C2 community, 'we deserve each other.' THIS IS AMAZING. At first I was kinda like '...'. But this is awesome. Have I ever talked to you b4? Who do you know named Shilo? Anyway, Great stuff!

Bye,

Shi
LostOzian chapter 6 . 5/26/2007
I haven't seen many stories with Nessa's death...Nice job! All of the characterizarion was really good! Me likes it... I like Boq guiding Nessa in death. So sweet. It almost made my cry when Nessa died. Poor Nessie. Great story! -LostOzian
Sarela Jade chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
WOW! :) That was so awesome! I just read this lovely little story, and enjoyed every word. *checks updated date* Well, I know I'm a little late in reviewing, since it seems that you finished this story long ago, but I just wanted to leave a review anyway, to tell you how great I think this story is.

You've captured Nessa's character perfectly, I think - the good parts of her and the bad parts of her. Her innocence, her sweetness, but also how big of a brat she is, and how unappreciative she is of Elphaba. Oh, and I liked how you described her and Boq's relationship, even though I'm not a Nessa/Boq fan. Still.. great job! :D

- SJ
BroadwayyBelter chapter 6 . 6/23/2006
OMG that had me in tears. Beatiful story, thanks for writting!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »