Reviews for A Fate Worse than Death
ilurandir chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Very interesting concept. I've always been intrigued by Barty Crouch's son, and Frank Longbottom has been, somehow, getting himself higher and higher into my list of favourite characters.

It's been a long time since I've read an HP concept I really was intrigued by and liked.

Awesome!

Also, lovely interaction with Frank and Alice. 3
David Fishwick chapter 6 . 10/23/2008
Cool idea and I enjoyed reading the plot. I thought Mr. Crouch was a harsh dad who drove his son to Voldemort. Thanks for writing.
evanescence11123 chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
wow i loved the story. really creative , good work.

*evanescence123*
solaesce chapter 6 . 4/26/2007
Very good; very realistic.
Prieda Solo chapter 6 . 4/13/2007
Wow! amazing ending.

Barty's memories were very good. Hufflepuff-hmm. that says a lot about your Barty. and it is perfectly believable as well. I really really think that hat doesn't give a toss about who goes where. It plays devils advocate for a bit, then sticks them where they want to go and flips a coin if its not sure.

I never saw Mr Crouch as a shouty sort of parent. More the sort of quite displeased typr. But this works well with your story, and is still in character I rekon.

The Bella memorygood. very bella.

ending is great. barty going mad. That, I think is the difference between my barty and your barty. Your barty becomes mad, my barty was always mad.

Anyway, hope you don't mind all my long rambling reviews. This is a great story with a wonderful ending. Good work!
Prieda Solo chapter 5 . 4/13/2007
nonono *flails hand wildly* Mr Crouch is not out of character here. He is very well written. Thats what happens when a little man lives him life in a little groove and is suddenly wrenched sideways.

I like this chapter as its very well written but also for the selfish little reason that it has all the trial dialogue for me (i don't have my HP books with me at the moment). I will visit it often to get the canon dialogue and play havok with your statistics ;p
Prieda Solo chapter 4 . 4/13/2007
Great! I think these chapters are getting better. I love, love your picture of nevilles aunt, and you have got Mr Crouch well too (he's stronger than my Mr Crouch but ach).

Yeah, I likt this chapter a lot. It's well structured.

I also like the fact that they didn't torture the longbottoms at their house, because if they had, in all probability they would have killed Neville too (i mean this is Bellatrix lestrange we're talking about)
Prieda Solo chapter 3 . 4/13/2007
I love your bella! I am not that much of an intense shipper, and bella is very, very passionate and could easily give that to Rudolphus rather than Barty.

Again, very well written (although I kind of glanced over the torture bits, I don't like torture very much).

One little point, you have a few tiny americanisms in this. cookies, just dandy!, cheerios. It doesn't stand out too much, just a little.
Prieda Solo chapter 2 . 4/13/2007
Very well written so far, the characters of Neville's parents are lovely, and pretty much how they should be.

I'm not campletely convinced with your about-to-confess!Barty but that is probably because I've been writting my own Barty for far too long :)

I am so, so worried that Deathly Hallows is going to smash the bella/barty ship. It would only take one comment about bella's love life...
saltandpepper15 chapter 6 . 12/1/2006
You are rather good at writing tragedys.
Twilidra chapter 6 . 2/2/2006
Awesome story. The way you wrote the characters were very true to canon (hey, "out of character" outbursts happen often in real life...) and damn it, Barty's such a neglected character fanbase-wise. I honestly find him more or less 10 times more interesting than Bellatrix, and he gets little to no recognition. Which is an absolute shame, because parricidal manipulative psychopaths with freckles are just bad-ass.

Anyway, I loved it. The Azkaban memories were great, especially the whole father-son argument, it was just like I pictured it. Though I've always liked to imagine Barty as what Gryffindors would call a "nice and quiet Slytherin" with top grades (his father would still reject him the same anyway, because it's the house of ZOMG DEATH EATARZ AND DARK WIAZRDS), him being a Hufflepuff worked just as well. And Crouch Sr. is such a prejudiced git, we Hufflepuffs are friendly and loyal folks. (
SinhoBadaro chapter 6 . 1/10/2006
Wow. These last two chapters, particularly the final one, were powerful. I truly think you've written a gem here. I honestly don't know what some of the other reviewers are talking about saying it's dull. It is anything but. I like the way your story is tight and to the point - it gives the impression that you had a very good idea where you were headed with it from start to finish, even though your focus has changed along the way (from the Longbottoms and Crouch Sr. to Crouch Jr.). You had a clear view of the characters while writing them, and it shows. Good job!
SinhoBadaro chapter 4 . 1/9/2006
OPk, it's pretty late now, so I'm going to bed, but I'll be back tomorrow - you have me hooked!

BTW, I noticed a few minor errors that would have slipped a spell-checker. If you want, I could point them out to you for fixing (take it with a grain of salt, though - English isn't my native language).

Very good story so far!
SinhoBadaro chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
Er, shouldn't it be Bartemius with an i?

Bery intruiging start. Well written, too. Well, I'm off to read the rest of it.
FredandGeorgeWeasleyareMYKings chapter 2 . 3/21/2005
This is pretty good. I am really liking your different theories. Excellent job!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »